Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Everyone ripped off Farscape from 1999! Virginia Hey was the original "plant person" (though Farscape probably ripped it off from somewhere else as well).

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post

Everyone ripped off Farscape from 1999! Virginia Hey was the original "plant person" (though Farscape probably ripped it off from somewhere else as well).

/thread
    Pfft hardly! The Jolly Green Giant was the first!!

The figure of a giant was introduced in 1928. The company was renamed to the Green Giant Company in 1950. The Giant made his first television appearances in 1958, voiced by such actors as Thurl Ravenscroft and (most familiarly) Elmer "Len" Dresslar Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Pfft hardly! The Jolly Green Giant was the first!!

The figure of a giant was introduced in 1928. The company was renamed to the Green Giant Company in 1950. The Giant made his first television appearances in 1958, voiced by such actors as Thurl Ravenscroft and (most familiarly) Elmer "Len" Dresslar Jr.
    I see no evidence that the Jolly Green Giant is a plant lifeform.

I have yet to come across any backstory on him where he sprouted from a tree or other plant life.

He is simply a giant who happens to be green.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Damn, they look so much alike You'd think a company as big as EA would think of something more original..
    Ha, I can't believe you just actually wrote that.

This is EA we are talking about. Did you honestly believe they would make ANYTHING original themselves?
    They are known and famed for stealing, or simply buying up companies to get ideas. They can't do jack themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I recently got University life expansion for The Sims 3, and while making a new sim.. I found something, interesting...

This is a plant sim:

Sylvari:

Plant Sims:

Sylvari:

What do you guys think?

EA in charge of originality.
    Uhm, if anything the first thing I thought of when I saw (and loved) the Sylvari was Plantsims from The Sims 2: Seasons which was out years before GW2.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/PlantSim

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Uhm, if anything the first thing I thought of when I saw (and loved) the Sylvari was Plantsims from The Sims 2: Seasons which was out years before GW2.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/PlantSim
    Those look far more like the green giant than the newer version. Those are blatantly sylvari.