H Jin'Rokh Ionization Strategy???

Seelean here

I am curious what are other guilds doing to make it thru Ionization mechanics on Heroic Jin Rokh?

We have a disc PRS, resto Druid and resto shaman for 3rd healer, also Devo Aura from Ret Pally

With 24s debuff how do you isolate dispels and preshield enough to offset the 450k Nature DMG, dispell on 8s CD so we can get 3/8sec (in a perfect world with no other spells PW:Shield being cast)

It seems impossible to isolate dispels, while mitigating the DMG and not having half the raid with ion debuff at the end of the 24s duration?

Thanks,

Seelean
    Troll Guardian
    US-Llane

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues, hunters, and mages can completely avoid the debuff by cloaking (i believe), using deterrence, or ice blocking, respectively, right before it goes out. The way my raid group is set up we have 1 mage, so she never gets the debuff. The healers dispel themselves first, then the ranged call out when they need to be dispelled and are ready, and the melee just move out and let it fall off naturally. Everyone usually has a minor defensive CD up to help the healers, or if not our disc priest puts a shield on them. (We run Dpriest, Hpally, Monk)

edit: I should specify this is a 10man group.

Balance druid can also AMS / Cloak with symbiosis to avoid getting the debuff altogether. Resto can ice block/deterrence it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathers View Post
    Rogues, hunters, and mages can completely avoid the debuff by cloaking (i believe), using deterrence, or ice blocking, respectively, right before it goes out. The way my raid group is set up we have 1 mage, so she never gets the debuff. The healers dispel themselves first, then the ranged call out when they need to be dispelled and are ready, and the melee just move out and let it fall off naturally. Everyone usually has a minor defensive CD up to help the healers, or if not our disc priest puts a shield on them. (We run Dpriest, Hpally, Monk)

edit: I should specify this is a 10man group.
    Pretty much this. Immune if you can, healers dispel themselves first, then some ranged, then some people just let it fall off.

Deleted
    im assuming this is 10m. as such for 10m any1 that can dispel the debuff themselves really need to do so as it helps a lot to isolate the dispels to those that cant. dont really know your setup as you only mention your healers and healers arent the only ppl that can remove it, in fact your locks can remove their own, or they can even sac pet and help with the dispel a little themselves to help out, its actually a lot easier to have your locks dispel themselves as they can take sacrificial pact and use it everytime they get ionization to soak the dmg etc. every little thing helps, you dps shouldnt just expect that they can just be magically dispelled since it has a rather long cd, as i mentioned earlier, every dispel/immunity your raidmembers can do themselves is the key.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-21 at 08:47 PM.

Your raid needs to learn how to play their classes. Every class has an ability to reduce or nullify damage taken from one hit. Maybe not every 90 seconds, but they should have something they can use for each one. If they really don't because they're a Warrior or something then prioritize shielding them, but you shouldn't feel compelled to shield and dispel every single person. In fact, give me your roster, and I'll give you a list of what they can use for Ionization.

Also this sounds like 10-player so this sounds VERY simple compared to 25-player. I figured by now, being in Heroic, you would have learned that everything is not up to the healer. Everyone has to take personal responsibility. Raids have been like that for a long time now.
    I'm sorry for sounding mean, but it just frustrates me how some people just want to make the healer do everything when healing is already a tough job.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: make the raidlead announce ionisation at least 5 seconds before happening.
    Step 2: Every class capable of avoiding debuff should pop their immunities (BEFORE Ionisation hits)
    Step 3: Remaining people with debuff step out of the water and away from each other.
    Step 4: Each Healer first dispells himself (with a damage reducing cooldown up) and steps back into the water
    Step 5: The few DDs with debuff left announce name and get dispelled by a designated healer.

if you don´t expect to have damage issues it´s no problem to let one or two of the cooldowns simply wear off by themselves. make sure to not stand in the water. Priority is healer > DD. Use your goddamn cooldowns.

classes capable of self dispeling or using immunities to avoid it altogether must do it. every raid group will have at least 2-3.

and those unable to do such need to be running a CD for when it gets dispelled, every class(even DPS) has at minimum 2 damage reducing CDs right now. they might not realize it but trust me they do.

if you want to do heroic modes then you need to start looking very closely at talents/spec/CD usage of your raiders. it might not seem like much but 1 DPS missing 1 CD or someone having 1 talent point placed wrong can be the difference in heroic modes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

uhm

just go out 2 by 2. (2 healers can stand out of the pool when ionization is cast and just instdispell themselves.) then the remaining ppl with debuff go out 2 by 2. even if you dont have a single mage/rogue/pala you will still be able to dispell all. (the last ppl can just be outside the pool when their buff runs out).

As a mage I IB the first one (you need to IB just before the cast) for the next ones I use Greater Invisibility talent. My raid knows not to dispell me as I will sit in the water dpsing and blink to a safe spot just before the timer is off and pop Greater Invisibility. Note if you have a ball on you and you pop Greater Invisibility the ball will just target some one new and blow up... so pay a close eye to that.

All that needs to be added is some people that aren't healers can self dispel (ele shamans for example)

We have the healers dispel themselves then the ranged and we let it fall off the melee. Personal CD's are a must, I think we only PW:S the shammy cos they are squishy and our warrior since they don't really have personals.

Our mage, hunter, DK, and rogue immune it. The latter 3 can immune every single one.

Our lock dispels himself with some talent of his. Our spriest dispels his with his mass dispel.

Healers dispel themselves.

Tanks don't get it.

The only people who need outside dispels in our group are our feral druid. And....that's it, I think?

We 3-heal it. Healers dispell themselves asap. People who can immune it do so. People who can self dispell do it after 10s or so. People who kite orbs get shielded and dispelled. Everyone else just lets it fall off (3-4 people max for us). Space really shouldn't be an issue on 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    As a mage I IB the first one (you need to IB just before the cast) for the next ones I use Greater Invisibility talent. My raid knows not to dispell me as I will sit in the water dpsing and blink to a safe spot just before the timer is off and pop Greater Invisibility. Note if you have a ball on you and you pop Greater Invisibility the ball will just target some one new and blow up... so pay a close eye to that.
    If you take cold snap instead of greater invisibility you can avoid the first three debuffs completely. If the fourth is still happening right now you may have a DPS issue.

The cold snap strategy works like this:
    1. 5 seconds before ionization is cast get into ice block (you really want to do this early so your cold snap CD has run out before the third ionization comes)
    2. instantly pull cold snap while you are inside ice block
    3. wait for ionization to hit
    4. cancel ice block
    5. for the second ionization just hit ice block
    6. right before the third ionization cold snap you should be ready again
    7. hit it
    8. use your third ice block

That's what I do. You loose a little bit of damage in the first puddle. But you take out a lot of stress for yourself and your healers for the rest of the fight.

question about using immunities, for the first one it comes out right when the first puddle is going out too, does it matter if were in the water since were using the immunity before it even comes out, or should we be outside of the water too?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just make sure you use an immunity before the debuff goes out. Using an immunity after it's gone out will kill everybody standing in the puddle if you're in the puddle when using said ability.

The timer for the ability is very reliable in all of our kills and will only be off by 1-2 seconds depending on how close his static burst lines up with ionization CD.

Easist way we found:

Classes that can immune e.g. rogue do so.

Healers step out after cast and dispel themselves

Everyone else lets cast drop off making sure they are out prior and have an eye on their /range

Deleted
    In our raid:

Hunter and DK immune every one of them.
    Lock and Spriest dispel themselves.
    Mage immunes 1/3/4, feral druid immunes 2 (divine shield through symbiosis).
    I (Rdruid) dispel myself right after application, monk dispels herself when I'm done and raid is stable.

It usually happens in this order:

1: Ionization is about to be applied, I will top off anyone in the pool with mushrooms.
    2: Ionization is applied, those who can immune will immune.
    3: Me and warlock run out and dispel ourselves.
    4: Spriest runs out to dispel himself after lock runs in.
    5a: If someone messed up their immunity and has the debuff, I will call them out and dispel them with an Ironbark on them
    5b: If noone messed up, I will call out the feral druid or mage and dispel him.
    6: Monk goes and dispels herself, if someone messed up at 5a, I will now dispel the feral druid or mage.
    7: Everyone is cleared and I'll prepare hotting for Lightning Storm.

I know I can get an immunity myself as resto druid but this dispel order is so ingrained and easy now that I prefer the Fortifying Brew during Lightstorm, or (if our Shaman is in the raid) Spiritwalker's Grace so I can do Tranquility on the move.

We had our disc priest call out dispels on classes that needed them, one at a time mind you. If any of your dps can self dispel they would wait for the disc priest to shield them and go dispel themselves. There are many immunity classes that can avoid it all together as people have stated. The biggest issue is just not doing it near other players, that's why we do it one at a time.

Also I know you didn't ask this specifically but make sure you are maximizing DPS time in puddle, don't have DPS waiting outside for a dispel, they need to be told when they can be dispelled and run out/get shielded/dispelled and back in.