Tyrannical with Honor - When?

I know they said it was bugged so they removed the vendors...

I did in fact break 25k conquest this season...my question to you guys is, Has anyone heard speculation of when they're putting them back? And which vendors/vendor were they?

I am bound to not be the only person who played over half the season gearing feral who is now a healer lol. Lots of upgrades for my resto set incoming when they fix this.

Deleted
    You can buy tyranical with honor ?! :O

You have to have earned 25,000 conquest points in the current season on that specific character to do so. Super cool for hybrid classes. There was a glitch that gave everyone the achievement so they removed the vendors apparently. Trying to find out more about this.
    Last edited by Pazzz; 2013-05-23 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting slightly irritated now, blizz can't get their shit right. There are so many bugs in this patch. I wanted to try ele but I'm stuck playing in resto gear.

thats hard to say no1 knows when they will fix it

The simple answer, when blizzard are ready to.
    We do not know what the fix will involve, or how long that will take.

Some bugs only manifest themselves with sufficient player numbers.
    The queue issues being such an example.

Some bugs simply go unnoticed because the vast majority of those on a PTR or beta for that matter see it as an early preview and do not give a damn about reporting bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    thats hard to say no1 knows when they will fix it
    Alright..I was just making sure I didnt miss an update on it. I can upgrade 8 pieces from malv to tyrannical when it happens and I'm sitting at honor cap.

My vendor is already back on (EU). Might take longer for US though because they had already fixed achievement bug by the time 5.3 hit EU, so nobody accidentally got the 25k achievement.

Shouldn't be it in next season?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    My vendor is already back on (EU). Might take longer for US though because they had already fixed achievement bug by the time 5.3 hit EU, so nobody accidentally got the 25k achievement.
    Are the vendors located next to the normal honor/conquest vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzz View Post
    Are the vendors located next to the normal honor/conquest vendors?
    Yep, they are.

They didn't take the vendors away they disabled them. What happened for me (a player with higher than 2500 rating, 28k + conq points earned in 5.2) was the regular conquest points for tyrannical as fine, I bought my tabard and gladiator cloak. Then bought a second tyrannical pvp dps trinket with honor at the next vendor. Then went to the deathknight NPC (new one with elite gear) saw all the elite gear requiring conquest points. Then 30 minutes later, the honor/tyrannical vendor and the elite gear deathknight vendor stopped opening their wares.

The issue: Players not having the required achievement to view these vendors somehow obtained the achievement when they would get points right away after patch. For example, if a brang new 90 happened to log on in 5.3, did an areana, somehow won, that player would get the achievement and then was able to buy tyrannical with honor, even though he is a new player. The reason the achievement requires so many points, is because thats the estimate of points it takes to get full tyrranical gear. So by the time they get the achievement, they likely are 1-2 pieces off being full tyrannical.

There was a brand new rogue I saw get 4 pieces of tyrannical. By having 4k Justice points and 4k honor. Got his weapon, then went to org to convert the JP back into honor to refill his honor, went back to the great wall and got more pieces. He still has the pieces even after blizz de-activated the NPCs.

So this is a pretty major bug as the whole reason behind it is to allow players to catch up to the weeks of playing we PVPrs did in 5.2, but allows their amount increased so they can farm all week and etc.

So it is pretty Ironic, while making pvp more community accepting in 5.3, that the launch of 5.3 tyrannical was accessible to literally everyone, lol

It seems like it is going to take a while to fix it.

I kind of can't believe how many issue's there are with this patch. It almost seems like there wasn't a PTR at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It seems like it is going to take a while to fix it.

I kind of can't believe how many issue's there are with this patch. It almost seems like there wasn't a PTR at all.
    Agree. It doesn't really make sense to me. I work in IT for a fortune 25 corporation, and any serious business wouldn't go into production with a release if it wasn't fully tested (whether or not it is customer facing). I understand maybe they "can't" do end-to-end testing because of whatever factors that exist, but if the tyrannical conquest achievement bug didn't happen in the PTR, then logic tells me they're making too many changes between their test and prod releases o_0
    Last edited by Chestbrah; 2013-05-23 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Agree. It doesn't really make sense to me. I work in IT for a fortune 25 corporation, and any serious business wouldn't go into production with a release if it wasn't fully tested. I understand maybe they "can't" do end-to-end testing because of whatever factors exist, but if the tyrannical conquest achievement bug didn't happen in the PTR, then logic tells me they're making too many changes between their test and prod releases o_0
    Yeah the patch seems like it was rushed with changes that didn't even make it to the PTR.

For example, Paladins are suppose to be able to use Divine Protection while stunned now. However, that wasn't actually on the PTR. And right now it can't be used while stunned because of some issue that needs to get a patch to fix.

So whatever they did between the last PTR patch and what we have now probably caused at least a few of the problems.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 05:29 PM ----------

Here is the most Recent update from Holinka's Twitter.

"This was primarily a problem in the US. The vendors should be back in other regions, but needs to wait for Tuesday in US"

So looks like we are going to need to wait 5 more days to get a fix.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-05-23 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully when I saw the mob of people at the vendor when the bug was active all I could think was "they should let it stay!" That as a player who has no gear left to buy.

I liked seeing so many people in the pvp area. Reminds me of Season 2 when so many PvP'd, even if just to get gear.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Agree. It doesn't really make sense to me. I work in IT for a fortune 25 corporation, and any serious business wouldn't go into production with a release if it wasn't fully tested (whether or not it is customer facing). I understand maybe they "can't" do end-to-end testing because of whatever factors that exist, but if the tyrannical conquest achievement bug didn't happen in the PTR, then logic tells me they're making too many changes between their test and prod releases o_0
    If you truly worked in IT you would understand the shear amount of code that sits behind a game like this. It is impossible to know what effect a code change could have on such a big code base.