Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Oh look, Horde fanbois crying.

    Amusingly enough, it's some of the same Horde fanbois that mock Alliance fanbois who cry.

    Delicious.
    Do you have any constructive to add to the discussion or are you simply acting childish due to an absence of anything of note to post? For the record, I'm no 'fanboi' of the Horde. In fact, I loathe both factions equally and find the whole 'faction pride' and faction model as a whole detrimental to the storytelling of individual races which matter to me more in the long run.

  2. #22
    Well the Shado-Pan army are a bit of a joke. I can't really see them purging anyone. Most of their greatest and most successful warriors still manage to kill themselves regularly enough with little effort when you quest with them.

  3. #23
    Ok, I guess I have to spell it out.

    Someone has to decide where the vicious cycle ends. An eye for an eye leaves the entire world blind, as much as the individual acts might make the people involved in getting their 'justice' feel better.

    It's actually funny, because that concept and people's general failure to understand that the scales do not always have to balance perfectly and that's OK mirror pretty closely.

    Trassk, I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree that this bit with the vale is just thinly veined horde-bashing to make the alliance feel better. The fact of the matter is that Garrosh is a warmongering, bloodthirsty, and racist tyrant. And instead of removing him, the Horde has allowed him to do his thing, despite all the evidence we saw through the revamped cataclysm 1-60 zones and elsewhere that this shit was coming. And like it or not, for choosing to remain part of that group, members of the horde are responsible. "I was just following orders" is the most naive saying ever. Things like this are just part of the price for ignoring his actions for so long, and it's nearly time to pay the debt.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Horde just dug a GIGANTIC crater in the middle of what is the holiest of places to Pandaren. And you expect them to brush it off and not be upset? Expect them to know enough about the political differences you are having to realise that *this* Horde isn't the same as *that* Horde? I think that's something noone would believe if it happened in the story. They are upset, and they do you the ENORMOUS courtesy of giving you the chance to make thiings right before they kick you from their holy ground.
    It's not that, it's more the fact that the Shado-Pan are a bunch of weaklings, thinking about purging the shrine of THEIR SAVIOURS. Taran Zhu is a majorly weak character who gets corrupted by some random sha, and then gets saved by 5 of the people who he was thinking about purging. Where would the Shado-Pan be without us? Dead most likely, like the useless weaklings that they are.

    I mean fair enough they're annoyed that the Horde dug a whole in the Vale, but thinking about PURGING? The Shado-Pan couldnt purge a blocked toilet using the worlds most powerful drain unblocker. Taran-Zhu probably couldnt even figure out how to take the cap off the damn bottle.

    Kinda annoyed how Blizzard portray the Shado-Pan as the "protectors" of Pandaria and yet paint them as highly arrogant, and what's worse, extremely weak. Even that Master Snowdrift or whatever his name is, the boss in Shado-Pan monastery, doubt our ability to help them and then says "You might be of help to us after all" when we kick his ass. Why doesnt he do anything against the Sha? Oh yeah he's also a major weakass.

  5. #25
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    And instead of removing him, the Horde has allowed him to do his thing, despite all the evidence we saw through the revamped cataclysm 1-60 zones and elsewhere that this shit was coming. And like it or not, for choosing to remain part of that group, members of the horde are responsible.
    Garrosh didnt become a villian until the end of Cataclysm

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Kinda annoyed how Blizzard portray the Shado-Pan as the "protectors" of Pandaria and yet paint them as highly arrogant, and what's worse, extremely weak. .
    Thats how WoW works though. Its not NPCs that are the heroes its the players.
    If NPCs were able to these powerful figures then that means less content for us to do
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    During the Dev interview/questions Blizz pointed out Dalaran when someone asked what the Alliance has done as "shady"
    There's a big difference between doing something, and doing something that has consequences. The Alliance could make a forest of babies impaled on spikes, but if nothing happens as a result, it doesn't matter.

  7. #27
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    The shado-pan, who acted like there the big bad shadowy protectors of pandaria against the sha, yet the moment any real conflict came to pandaria that would cause the sha to manifest, the shado pan become corrupted by the sha, and we, the outsiders, need to free them from it. Just do the shado-pan monastery to see it.
    Taran zhu become the most corrupted, and we save his ass from the sha.
    Its then us who come to fight against the sha in townlong steppes, obviously there forces arn't that powerful enough so they need the help of outsiders to take care of there problem.
    And on the isle of thunder its both horde and alliance forces fighting against the thunderking that weakens his forces, allowing the shado pan to have any form of victory against him.

    And yet, despite all this, despite us (in this case horde), showing the shado-pan that we are prepared to rectify any mistakes we've made, and even stick our necks out of the line to help them, after all this, all it takes is the goblins digging up the vale, and suddenly, nothing we say accounts for anything anymore, we're suddenly the outsiders again and told to leave.

    you know what F*** you taran zhu.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  8. #28
    Due to the thread of the Mantid,the Yaungol and the Mogu...The Shado-Pan needed to maintain an eye over the entire continent and to watch over a Wall that goes from the highest mountains(Kun'lai Summit) to the Sea. Imagine however their only purpose for a night would be to PURGE(think stealth attack) the Shrine of the Two Moons.Ez

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    And like it or not, for choosing to remain part of that group, members of the horde are responsible. "I was just following orders" is the most naive saying ever. Things like this are just part of the price for ignoring his actions for so long, and it's nearly time to pay the debt.
    Call me when my Orc can join the Alliance and remain an Orc.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Due to the thread of the Mantid,the Yaungol and the Mogu...The Shado-Pan needed to maintain an eye over the entire continent and to watch over a Wall that goes from the highest mountains(Kun'lai Summit) to the Sea. Imagine however their only purpose for a night would be to PURGE(think stealth attack) the Shrine of the Two Moons.Ez
    From what I gather, Pandas were getting slaughtered, no way they have numbers to even execute ambush.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Thats how WoW works though. Its not NPCs that are the heroes its the players.
    If NPCs were able to these powerful figures then that means less content for us to do
    You would expect their leader to be stronger though.

    I honestly cant think of a faction leader that's weaker than Taran-Zhu story wise. Is there anything he's actually been able to defeat WITHOUT being gravely wounded? In fact has he ever defeated ANYTHING without us stepping in to save his ass?

    Gamon would probably solo him with his little pinky...

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,468
    lol taran zhu

    if i wanted any shit out of him i'd beat it out of his fat ass

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-22 at 02:02 PM.
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

  13. #33
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    Really when you think about it Taran Zhu is now barking orders at the horde to leave the vale.. the same horde that just faught against the thunder king, well Taran stood on the sidelines bleeding...

    yeah, if there was any dam logic in story here, horde players would just kick it ass off the cliff into the sea.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  14. #34
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Ether
    Posts
    828
    As the OP, I must say I'm amused and somewhat dismayed by the responses - where did you see in my OP that this was a Horde vs Alliance whinefest?

    This isn't anti- either -- it's anti Shado-Pan, don't sidetrack.!

  15. #35
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,745
    Wait.....

    What are we even discussing here? Having Garrosh do an evil act is Alliance favoritism?
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire Dairyking101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh?
    Posts
    408
    It's funny that when they need help they will take it but when they don't need us they shove us off like idiots.

  17. #37
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,230
    Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    As the OP, I must say I'm amused and somewhat dismayed by the responses - where did you see in my OP that this was a Horde vs Alliance whinefest?

    This isn't anti- either -- it's anti Shado-Pan, don't sidetrack.!
    fair enough, though it does feel like another stab at the horde with its current problems with Garrosh. I mean what does it honestly achieve in doing this, in having the shado-pan bear down (ha...) on the horde in the vale, the same vale they have faught to protect, and yet Zhu now even listening, and dismissing the hordes political problem as nothing he cares about?

    Oh sure, apparently its good enough for the horde to help solve your political problems on pandaria with the mogu and the mantid, but when it comes to the problems we're faced in ours, thats nothing you give a shit about?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  18. #38
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Sorry but i don't understand this tragedy about. Calm down, relax and read it better. What Taran Zhu simply said is that IF the Horde (but could have been the Alliance too) wouldn't had any part in the fight against the Sha and the Mogu (and so basically pretending to enter in the Vale and quietly relaxing there all the time) after the "little" and good-looking hole Garrosh's goons made in a SACRED vale, they would have simply kicked out the Horde from the Vale.

    Seriously, what's wrong about it? If the Alliance would have made the same thing Taran Zhu would have gone to their shrine saying the same, identical things. And no, you cannot pretend that the Shado-pan sees all that huge distinction between the "Garrosh's Horde" and "the Horde", Garrosh and his lackies brought their ass in the shrine multiple times, with him acting as the big Warchief representing the Horde. When Dezco explained some detail to Taran Zhu, he becomes a little more understanding and will just wait for what we fucking do with Garrosh. They admit they have a debt to us, this is the whole reason for which they don't kick us away.

    Sorry, but i don't absolutely see anything terrible about it. Yeah is a punch in the face, but we all know who we must thank for it.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-22 at 12:24 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    fair enough, though it does feel like another stab at the horde with its current problems with Garrosh. I mean what does it honestly achieve in doing this, in having the shado-pan bear down (ha...) on the horde in the vale, the same vale they have faught to protect, and yet Zhu now even listening, and dismissing the hordes political problem as nothing he cares about?

    Oh sure, apparently its good enough for the horde to help solve your political problems on pandaria with the mogu and the mantid, but when it comes to the problems we're faced in ours, thats nothing you give a shit about?
    Typical Panderan BS, they preach controlled emotions and peace as well, but are constantly getting corrupted by sha and make zero attempt at peace with the yaungol.

  20. #40
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sorry, but i don't absolutely see anything terrible about it. Yeah is a punch in the face, but we all know who we must thank for it.
    Its not that it makes zero sense it just hurts from, oh hell idk i guess a Horde/national pride sense
    Even more so for me ...because...well thats obvious
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •