Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Doom issue in 5.3??!?!!?

Has anyone else noticed that the doom dot has had a nerf yet again by ~ 50% damage?
    With no indication in the patch notes about this I come to wonder if it's just a bug with the new patch. That nerf pretty much makes demo shit again i was gettin on average 220k crits with glyph of everlasting corruption on. now i get 120k. Half the damage of it is realatively like a 5m damage loss overall for me on a fight thats huge!!!

maybe youre insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    maybe youre insane
    Let's not insult people or make fun of them when they are reporting possible bugs on patch day, shall we? Stranger things have happened.

Anyone that can confirm this possible bug with a log or something that lets other's see what's going on? It might help people do the math to see if anything's off and also makes it possible for people that don't have the patch to help and see what's up.

What item level lets you get 220k crits with the everlasting affiliction glyph.

I was getting 220k doom cirts before... and have been worried about the affliction nerf being true so I have not tested the doom thing, any other reports? I need to know if I should grab a tissue box for my long night of tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctissquall View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the doom dot has had a nerf yet again by ~ 50% damage?
    With no indication in the patch notes about this I come to wonder if it's just a bug with the new patch. That nerf pretty much makes demo shit again i was gettin on average 220k crits with glyph of everlasting corruption on. now i get 120k. Half the damage of it is realatively like a 5m damage loss overall for me on a fight thats huge!!!

Must be something with you, I haven't had any issues on H Jin'Rokh....With EA glyph active I've had 417k Crits with a 257k Avg. What were you targeting? Could there have been a damage recuction on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to check Doom, but the Fire and Brimstone nerf is ridiculous. I don't know what they where thinking not only did they nerf the damage but they turned it into an aura.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    What item level lets you get 220k crits with the everlasting affiliction glyph.
    The opener doom with all procs and potion, +525ilvl is propably enough to get that high doom crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I'll have to check Doom, but the Fire and Brimstone nerf is ridiculous. I don't know what they where thinking not only did they nerf the damage but they turned it into an aura.
    When did they nerf the damage? Wasn't it always not full mastery?

Also, it's probably the best QoL thing ever. I had to mash my FnB modifier NONSTOP to get it to work a lot of the time.

Deleted
    FnB nerf, doom nerf... what are you guys talking about? AFAIK they only changed FnB to work like a stance, which is an AWESOME change. I can't see any nerfs anywhere in the notes or undocumented changes. If they DID stealth nerf anything about warlocks, then I am seriously going to cry a river. (patch will be up in 8 hours in EU btw, can't check)

It being a straight up QoL improvement is perhaps situational.
    Sure if you are generating embers at a sufficient rate when you can spam AoE then it is nice, but any time you simply firing off a single "spread" or single target spells during that then it may become less so.
    Time and vocal debate on this and other forums will no doubt tell in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like there has been no nerf then, and it's likely there's just been something the OP did or did not do that caused this percieved 50% nerf to Doom. I'll leave the thread open for speculation and help to figure out what might be up on OP's end. I am however going to change the title of the thread to something a little less panic inducing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    i love the FNB tweak no more tapping the button just spam aoe

FnB change is the greatest Destro buff since they ditched ISF. My Horridon dps went up a ton just due to no longer pitting my latency against the destro 1sec gcd against my naturally spammythefuckoutofthekeys dps style

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seems like there has been no nerf then, and it's likely there's just been something the OP did or did not do that caused this percieved 50% nerf to Doom. I'll leave the thread open for speculation and help to figure out what might be up on OP's end. I am however going to change the title of the thread to something a little less panic inducing.
    Not to discredit you though, but do the unofficial notes hold any merit?

Metamorphosis: Doom While using Metamorphosis, your Corruption spell transforms into Doom. Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 5,340 + 125% now [ 4,004 + 93.75% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 60 sec. When Doom critically strikes, a Wild Imp will be summoned to attack the target. Warlock - Demonology Spec.

Chaos Bolt (Destruction) Unleashes a blast of chaos, causing [ 2,682 + 279% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Power or 2,163 + 225% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.

Was the Chaos Bolt nerf an actual nerf or an odd tooltip change? Can someone do a number crunch to see if this doom nerf was just a tooltip from the 5.2 hotfixes or another further nerf?

I unfortunately quit some time ago but I am confused at these changes and concerned about the validity of forum echo.

For those of you who didn't use FnB macros before, this change is "quality of life" improvement, for us that have used them, this change brings 2 more button taps, so it can be dps loss, depending on how fast a person is pressing FnB button.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    For those of you who didn't use FnB macros before, this change is "quality of life" improvement, for us that have used them, this change brings 2 more button taps, so it can be dps loss, depneding on how fast a person is pressing FnB button.
    If you can press your buttons fast enough it's a gain compared to both 5.2 with FnB macro and 5.2 w/o FnB macro. Previously you were completely at the mercy of your latency in how fast you could apply the FnB buff before casting a new spell.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I always just used F and B on a seperate keybind entirely so looking forward to this being a toggle, but it really wasnt even that big a deal when using incinerate and immolate, the biggest pain for me was when i was trying to time it with conflag actually.

Deleted
    Weren't the patch notes just a reflection on the updated tooltips following the corruption/doom nerf at the beginning of patch 5.2?