Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If you can press your buttons fast enough it's a gain compared to both 5.2 with FnB macro and 5.2 w/o FnB macro. Previously you were completely at the mercy of your latency in how fast you could apply the FnB buff before casting a new spell.
    The supposed QoL change doesn't remvoe latency from the equation, it just allows you to only apply F&B once instead of on each cast.
    In 5.2, if you had the macro set up as such, you could just hold a modifier key (shift) and spam your Incinerate button to AoE. Letting go of the modifier would return you to single target. Using the same macro in 5.3, you have to release the modifier to continue AoE, then press it again to return to single target.

If you have a consistently bad connection, this change is good for you. Those of us with stable connections and a working macro are having to re-train our muscles to not screw up our AoE. There's also the accidental application of F&B below 1 ember, which does not automatically toggle off. Overall, bad change for many that we're having to adapt to.

Whole other subject though. This thread is for Doom. Thus far, there haven't been any conclusive changes, and the only mention of the spell has been a tooltip fix. Current logs show no difference.

Still, keep an eye on this, after the Soulswap stealthnerf I'd not be surprised to see a similar demo nerf (seeing as, well, demo is slightly crazy on certain fights with the proper trinkets).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    after the Soulswap stealthnerf
    It was fixed , not nerfed, there is a difference.

Deleted
    they actauly fixed that? never heard any one mention blizz was gonna fix that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Not to discredit you though, but do the unofficial notes hold any merit?

Metamorphosis: Doom While using Metamorphosis, your Corruption spell transforms into Doom. Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 5,340 + 125% now [ 4,004 + 93.75% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 60 sec. When Doom critically strikes, a Wild Imp will be summoned to attack the target. Warlock - Demonology Spec.

Chaos Bolt (Destruction) Unleashes a blast of chaos, causing [ 2,682 + 279% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Power or 2,163 + 225% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.

Was the Chaos Bolt nerf an actual nerf or an odd tooltip change? Can someone do a number crunch to see if this doom nerf was just a tooltip from the 5.2 hotfixes or another further nerf?

I unfortunately quit some time ago but I am confused at these changes and concerned about the validity of forum echo.
    afaik there has been no lock nerfs at all, it has just been tooltip updates for us, ofc we're talking about blizz here, they could have given us a stealth nerd but there is nothing to indicate nerfs in patchnotes or in game.

As someone who had FnB on my mouse scroll, I hate the new toggle. Either I leave it on too long or I scroll two clicks and lose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    As someone who had FnB on my mouse scroll, I hate the new toggle. Either I leave it on too long or I scroll two clicks and lose it.
    Reassign the key bind?

I like the new changes to FnB I did 1.3 million dps on Iron-Qon trash the other night it was insane!

Disregard, Im a dumbass who doesnt pay attention to his own numbers :3
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2013-05-24 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    when dom ticks and you are out of meta, it does x dmg, however when you are in meta during a tick, it will get your meta mastery bonus and tick a lot harder. My dooms tick crit for 230k if I am in meta (the original dooms cast during the initial burst that is) and out of meta they only crit for about 110k. I wish there was an addon that showed when doom is about to tick so you could meta swap for max damage. Not sure if it would be worth the gcd though to be honest. Just maximise your meta uptime and you will see your big crits.
    That's not how DoTs work with metamorphosis' damage buff.

Read up on HoG-weaving if you don't believe me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    when dom ticks and you are out of meta, it does x dmg, however when you are in meta during a tick, it will get your meta mastery bonus and tick a lot harder. My dooms tick crit for 230k if I am in meta (the original dooms cast during the initial burst that is) and out of meta they only crit for about 110k. I wish there was an addon that showed when doom is about to tick so you could meta swap for max damage. Not sure if it would be worth the gcd though to be honest. Just maximise your meta uptime and you will see your big crits.
    What? Doom doesn't work like that. It does the same damage in meta and caster form. Just go and test it on Dummy and you will see.

Yeah , dont mind my earlier post lol, I was looking at a different bit of dmg, misread an int buffed doom for a meta doom lol. And yeah brus, Ive been weaving since 5.0, I just realized how stupid my post was lol. Never actually paid attention to the reason behing the variable dmg in doom.

Yay, made myself look like a noob again!!! Mission accomplished... QQ
    Last edited by Hexotic; 2013-05-28 at 01:26 PM.