Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So if I'm understanding this right, you don't want post-apocalyptic, you want to see the actual "in process" apocalypse, or basically, something with lots of destruction, and you also DON"T want zombies...am I understanding correctly?

So, if Cloverfield counts as something like what you're looking for, why not watch some Godzilla? The original Godzilla/Gojira, and the "Heisei-era" Godzilla movies from '84 to '95 are the ones that basically present Godzilla as a destructive "force of nature" rather than a protector of earth, and have more of a "darker" tone, though there's plenty of destruction in most Godzilla movies, even when he's a pure "good guy". Same with the various other "Kaiju" genre movies, Rodan, Mothra, Gamera, War of the Gargantuas, and so on(and try to get them subtitled, if you can, rather than crappy dubs). Aside from the classic Japanese monster movies, there's Gorgo(giant monster in London), Yongary(kaiju in Korea), plus a lot of US sci-fi from the 50's such as Beast From 20000 Fathoms(which was a big influence on the original Gojira), It Came From Beneath the Sea, and The Giant Behemoth. All these sorts of movies have a lot of destruction(and would certainly be considered disasters).

If War of the Worlds counts as what you're looking for, I'm surprised nobody has suggested Independence Day yet. Also, you also didn't specify which War of the Worlds, the original, or the more modern but less entertaining version with Tom Cruise. You can put whichever one you weren't referring to on your list as well.

Of the 3 adaptations of "I Am Legend", Last Man on Earth is the best IMO, but you said you don't want POST-apocalyptic, you want to "see the destruction", which you don't really see in any of the versions. Also, LMoE is technically about vampires, but the vampires shown throughout most of it walk a little closer to the zombie line than you might prefer.
    Yeah, but thought last man on earth was humankind being destroyed and 1 guy survives but then they said it was about vampires...and I was ok with that...but...

The Core (I love this movie to death)
    Volcano
    Dante's Peak
    2012 (crappy movie in terms of plot, but lots of destruction)
    War of the Worlds (to some extent)
    Apocalypse How (documentary, on netflix, pretty awesome)
    Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Yeah, but thought last man on earth was humankind being destroyed and 1 guy survives but then they said it was about vampires...and I was ok with that...but...
    No, it's about what one lone surviving human does after humankind has been wiped out by a vampire plague(and no, they're not your super strong, super fast vampires like Blade or Twilight, nor shapeshifters with hypnotic powers like Dracula), it's based on the book "I Am Legend", same book The Omega Man and recent Will Smith "I Am Legend" was based on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The OP has mentioned at least twice in this thread that he doesn't want post-apocalyptic, he wants to see the destruction happening.

Rise of the Planet of The Apes sort of shows the destruction, or how it came to be. Monkeys on a bridge with a chainsaw etc.
    Hi

Definitely watch Children of Men.

Deleted
    I watched Twister on somebody's suggestion here.

Now for the rest.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 05:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Definitely watch Children of Men.
    Actually, that is a very good one, I saw the trailer once and I was excited for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano_%28film%29

Less cheesy and more scientifically accurate than 2012, despite being a made-for-TV movie.

I'm not sure that they're exactly "good", but Armageddon and Independence day were kinda fun