Vale corrupted and login screen!

Now when Vale is getting re-done, the statues that is on the login screen is destroyed.
    It would actually blow my mind if they remade it to the corrupted state, just to keep it up to date!
    It would also welcome it, because it would be cool (:, tho i doubt it will happen because of resources.

What would you think?

That would be a first and a cool touch. I approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be cool, but does it really matter that much? Like, I really dont think its worth bothering with, if you've already experienced or know what happens in the transformation of the Vale.

I dont know, its really not a big deal to me. Im more intrested in checking if the Vale will have some sort of Story based quests to go with it, to explain the aftermath. A log in screen really doesnt matter.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it stays as-is. So players who aren't at the cap think "this Vale is an awesome place" and then get there to see it ruined, and are then told "this is what Garrosh has done to Pandaria."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eghghhh I would applaud the attention to detail but I think they want new players to not know what they're in for. That might give away story elements that they want players to work through.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I hope it stays as-is. So players who aren't at the cap think "this Vale is an awesome place" and then get there to see it ruined, and are then told "this is what Garrosh has done to Pandaria."
    Garrosh will be dead by then anyway. Just like when you start your lvl 80 cata quests and see Deathwing's chin mounted already next to the initial questgiver in SW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Phasing for the log in screen, lol.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I'd prefer if the login screen was updated to reflect the real world. It'd be awesome to see the weapons and statuses smashed across the vale with the Sha residue glowing everywhere.
    And I imagine new players would like to see a destroyed/demonic hellhole rather than the sparkling/happy vale we have today, it would create a more mysterious and epic feeling, as if you (the player) are going to begin a journey and one day end up in that ravaged zone

Eh, for a single patch...? I'd think they'd leave it to further reinforce/remind us of what once was before Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    And I imagine new players would like to see a destroyed/demonic hellhole rather than the sparkling/happy vale we have today, it would create a more mysterious and epic feeling, as if you (the player) are going to begin a journey and one day end up in that ravaged zone
    You can't be more wrong there. Normal people prefer sparkling/happy landscapes. There are more than enough charred zones in the game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would totally be on board with login screen statue destruction. Plus, like, stormy skies, creeping Sha-corruption overtaking the mountains, ashes and sha-dust blowing in the wind... All of it.

The login screen has generally been gloomy and ominous anyway before MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You can't be more wrong there. Normal people prefer sparkling/happy landscapes. There are more than enough charred zones in the game already.
    Ahhh, well I do beg to differ. I just imagine that when people buy "World of Warcraft" they want to be engulfed by a game with fierce battles, enchanting magic and endless wars and not a sparkling/happy game. I do see where you're coming from but new players won't know about the other charred/destroyed zones, hence why I think it might seem so much more epic to them. Although, we may both be right or wrong in this topic, it just depends on opinion.