Malevolent 476 vs PvE 496+ Gear

Just wondering what people think would come out ahead between Malevolent 476 gear and 496+ PvE gear. The PvE gear has the benefits of higher stat values and usually extra sockets while the 476 Malevolent gear has lower stat values but has PvP Power.

Thoughts?

not counting certain set bonuses that would be unusually strong in pvp, they break down roughly equal with the pve gear having a slight edge due to its overall higher ilvl in instanced pvp that pvp power wouldn't be able to completely negate

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVE Gear with PVP Weapon I assume. Primary stats are much stronger, and more survivability from the higher item level. PVP Power is extremely low priority now in terms of sockets/gems and the overall priorities, and you should aim to gem Agility (Assuming you're a Hunter from the Sig). Not sure about Hunter secondary stats.

Also PVE Gear benefits from Two Piece and Four Piece set bonuses, which is better than 1000 PVP Power, which is around a 2.5% increase in PVP Power roughly if its around 400 PVP Power per Percentage.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Honor gear does not even come close to 496+ pve gear. Pve gear is superior in every way (damage, survivability, and usually even set bonus).

Deleted
    They'll be mostly similar with the nerf to pvp power scaling. On another hand 496 pve is the max allowed in bg and 476 pve is the "minimum"

Right now, the PvE scaled down gear is better than the 476 honor gear. Basically, if you have raid gear, use it. What a dumb patch, Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Right now, the PvE scaled down gear is better than the 476 honor gear. Basically, if you have raid gear, use it. What a dumb patch, Blizzard.
    Except honor gear is not meant to be a part of rated pvp, but tyrannical is and its better than pve. Only ones with the issues will be the bg gladiators.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Except honor gear is not meant to be a part of rated pvp, but tyrannical is and its better than pve. Only ones with the issues will be the bg gladiators.
    World pvp would like a word with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    World pvp would like a word with you.
    1:Hey, fellow pvp guild members, let's go gank pve-ers at dailies.
    2:Um...actually I gtg soon.
    3:Yeah, my gf is coming over
    1:You don't have a gf
    3:Oh, I meant my grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    1:Hey, fellow pvp guild members, let's go gank pve-ers at dailies.
    2:Um...actually I gtg soon.
    3:Yeah, my gf is coming over
    1:You don't have a gf
    3:Oh, I meant my grandma
    Heh. I chuckled a bit, and I agree that most ganking is pretty stupid. But you're missing the point.

One of the servers I play on is VERY heavily unbalanced pvp server. I play the outnumbered faction. So when I'm out doing simple things like mining ore or simply doing a daily or two, world pvp is a reality. Whether I want to or not. It's just the nature of the beast. When you are outnumbered constantly on a high pop realm, world pvp has a way of finding you in the simplest tasks. It was nice to be able to fight back using some pvp gear, but now I can't even rely on that. I love the high tension feeling of danger being out in the world and highly outnumbered, and I love playing on such an active pvp server... but I no longer even have a fighting chance to defend myself since all gear is normalized with resilience now and John Q Raider can destroy me in the blink of an eye without even putting on a single piece of pvp gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So you are saying that pvp players are able to earn full tyrannical pvp gear before entering rated pvp?

It's only been a few hours and I'm considering taking a break due to the PVP changes. I've been thinking of leaving for a while but I disagree with 5.3 PVP changes so much that it's only hastening my departure.