Need some opinions on whether I should get rid of Destro for Affliction yet

So I recently got my hands on UVLS and am loving it with Demo. I see its not THAT great with Destro. Just provides some extra ember generation and a harder CB if you get lucky. So I want to possibly start playing Affliction on fights I usually go Destro on. Such as Megaera or Primordius. So, my question though is, is my gear decent enough to make the switch? I am only 508 which makes me think that I will not have enough stats to be able to reforge the Haste Affliction needs to shine. I guess I could sim Affliction and see how that goes but I do not know. What do you guys think?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrene/advanced

Most likely the answer will be no.

From my sims, the time where affliction overtakes destro is about 520-525. Also, the legendary meta gem is very important because affliction benefits a lot more from it compared to Dest. Sadly, blizzard is using it to balance the specs. So, in terms of gearing, you are not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rubbishgames View Post
    Most likely the answer will be no.

From my sims, the time where affliction overtakes destro is about 520-525. Also, the legendary meta gem is very important because affliction benefits a lot more from it compared to Dest. Sadly, blizzard is using it to balance the specs. So, in terms of gearing, you are not there yet.
    Well as far as dpsing a dummy.. My destro dps SUCKS. And I'm doing it correctly. Where as Aff now is topping almost 200k if UVLS procs and ended up around 100k as time went on.

DPSing a dummy might not give you accurate results due to the lack of the necessary buffs.

Some quick questions to find out more.
    For Destro, are you casting an immolate within the Perfect Aim Proc?
    Did you Pre-Pot and Cast Summon Doomguard?
    Are you using Rain of Fire in the opening rotation?
    Do you monitor your buffs to ensure that Chaos Bolt is casted when all your big buffs are up?
    How long do you do your tests? Affliction has higher burst than Destruction at the start, so it might skew the results if you dps for less than 6 minutes.

Deleted
    i have a simmilair question as the op, my gear is a bit better 518. i got 4 t15 and meta. as for trinkets tho i got lfr trinkets of chi and and lei-shen and normal wush. was gonna upgrade two trinkets cant decide tho which ones.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Aqira/simple

addit:i wanna go affliction.

I sim for aff each time I get an upgrade and after cracking 530 I'm finally seeing aff inch past destro. I have norm tforged 2/2 lei shen, leg meta, and the shado pan trinket w' 2pcT15. Each spec offers different things to the raid so perhaps you may want to consider which spec serves the raid best first. Also never ever rely on dummy testing. Sim it first, then check out what parses look like and/or what other locks are using in a similar situation. If you want to play aff wush is fine but being it has a ton of hit its hard to swap in/out without buggering up your hitcap. Lei shen works fine for aff, less well for destro.