Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    We have several axes to grind with GC but we are talking abotu a problem we brought to him and he dismissed it directly and then the problem we stated happened.

    If you don't BG I don't know how much you should weigh in on this, yeah it is bad for a team to have 6 healers but do you think players that swap specs care?
    ..
    I guess it's all in what you consider being dismissive. To Me, The fact that he acknowledge it means he wasn't fully dismissing it. Maybe he had higher hopes for the player base not to be douchebags or maybe they semi expected it at first, but once teams start losing the people that are false queing will stop.

    Also, it's not like the playerbase is 100% correct all the time. Remember when they first announced Rare spawn tagging and that it would increase the health ? There was folks that said this would lead to nothing but griefing, that 3-4 people would tag the mobs and run on or stand around and do nothing. While the later might be true, it dosn't appear to be anywhere near the problem some predicted.

    I do think it's odd that they didn't offer a locked in spec, which I thought they should of had to LFR at the start. Maybe their numbers shows it's not that big of a problem.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I guess it's all in what you consider being dismissive. To Me, The fact that he acknowledge it means he wasn't fully dismissing it. Maybe he had higher hopes for the player base not to be douchebags or maybe they semi expected it at first, but once teams start losing the people that are false queing will stop.

    Also, it's not like the playerbase is 100% correct all the time. Remember when they first announced Rare spawn tagging and that it would increase the health ? There was folks that said this would lead to nothing but griefing, that 3-4 people would tag the mobs and run on or stand around and do nothing. While the later might be true, it dosn't appear to be anywhere near the problem some predicted.

    I do think it's odd that they didn't offer a locked in spec, which I thought they should of had to LFR at the start. Maybe their numbers shows it's not that big of a problem.
    I agree the player base isn't right 100% of the time, but this one was an absolute no brainer and the excuses he gave were on par with if you asked a random stranger who never played the game before.

  3. #63
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    617
    something is a little amiss, I think. Just finished eost where alliance eight fucking healers and horde had six... yay

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    something is a little amiss, I think. Just finished eost where alliance eight fucking healers and horde had six... yay
    Working as intended.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    So far all night I have seen horde entering the BG as DPS and then swapping to heals. Alliance are doing it as well.

    Most matches the horde will start with 3 healers and then go up to as much as 5 or 6.

    So far it seems the only thing it has done is inflate BG queue timers, the same problem is there...showing yet again GC was wrong.
    Everyone should take a chill pill. It's not even 2 days after the patch. Players will figure out that this behavior hurts them soon enough, and they'll stop doing it. Same way as eventually everyone figures out LFR wings . . .

    Just roll with it for a couple of days. Now, if this behavior gave some kind of benefit, then they'd need to fix it.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Everyone should take a chill pill. It's not even 2 days after the patch. Players will figure out that this behavior hurts them soon enough, and they'll stop doing it. Same way as eventually everyone figures out LFR wings . . .

    Just roll with it for a couple of days. Now, if this behavior gave some kind of benefit, then they'd need to fix it.
    The problem is you are wrong...has this playerbase in 8 years found out that fighting in the roads hurt them more than help them?

    Have they figured out that fighting in the middle instead of killing the EFC isn't a good idea?

    The answer is no...so why on Earth would you think they would magically figure this one out and stop doing it? GC Is that you?

    But in reality we told him this would happen, he said no it wouldn't....then it did...

    Idiots will be idiots and never change...

  7. #67
    Been PvPing a ton before and after the patch and I still can hardly recognize the difference. It's still completely random how many healers each team will have. I don't see any reason why people would pick now to complain about something that's been happening since the BG queue came in to existence. Some games I have no healers on my team and some games I have 7. Same way that it's been for years and years.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Been PvPing a ton before and after the patch and I still can hardly recognize the difference. It's still completely random how many healers each team will have. I don't see any reason why people would pick now to complain about something that's been happening since the BG queue came in to existence. Some games I have no healers on my team and some games I have 7. Same way that it's been for years and years.
    Did you even read the rest? This is about tards queue up as healer and switch to dps, or from dps to healer. The system makes 2 balanced groups. So its not random like you said, the people switching specs before start, and thats what focking up the balance.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    I agree the player base isn't right 100% of the time, but this one was an absolute no brainer and the excuses he gave were on par with if you asked a random stranger who never played the game before.
    Well, looking at the blue tweet, looks like there was a bug that was causing healers to be stuck in the que longer than they should have been, and thus why they were probably switching to DPS roles. Once they get this tweaked out, we'll see if it's really a problem still.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, looking at the blue tweet, looks like there was a bug that was causing healers to be stuck in the que longer than they should have been, and thus why they were probably switching to DPS roles. Once they get this tweaked out, we'll see if it's really a problem still.
    I don't know how much truth is in that blue post because for grins and giggles, I queued as tank, healer and dps all separately and giving 10 minutes between each queue for a new BG to form and all 3 queues took the same amount of time plus or minus a few seconds.

    Please Note: I did not take the queues and contribute to the problem.
    Last edited by oblongship; 2013-05-23 at 03:44 PM.

  11. #71
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,114
    Funny thing. CERTAIN players love to not be blamed for problems they may or may not cause.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Funny thing. CERTAIN players love to not be blamed for problems they may or may not cause.
    Yeah there are some people swapping specs who think they are making their team stronger when infact hey are really making it weaker...

  13. #73
    All they needed to do was put a tooltip in right before queueing explaining what role check for BGs meant,
    "Welcome to the new Battleground Queue system! This is in place to help balance teams. This will not affect queue times, but will help balance teams. Queueing as a healer and dps will have the same queue times. If you queue as a healer and you are not you are only hurting your team. QUEUEING AS A HEALER WILL NOT MAKE IT GO FASTER"

    and what it would do instead of all the hybrid dps (ret, ww, shadow etc) being "HUR DUR I'LL QUEUE AS HEALER AND ITLL GIVE ME A SHORTER QUEUE TIME"
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions


    BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

  14. #74
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and again there is not there final product. but its atleast better then it use to be. it need some fixing. but its good that blizzard keeps having some faith in there players. its just to bad people are spoiled like hell these days and can either be a d*ickhead and not play the role you signed up for(i mean no1 force you to sign up for a role. so why sign up for a roll you don't like?) or they go whine on the forum told you so blizzard you dumb fucks don't care you run a 8m+ sub mmo. and i know everyting better when i'm online. but i actualy need to mom to wipe my bud.

    where did they say it would never happen? because i say a blue post where they said they know it will probebly happen. and they will fix it when needed. but even if they abuse the system its better then having not a system at all.
    The thing is, it is the final product. They took it to release of 5.3; if it weren't the final product it wouldn't be implemented on live.

    It's not a bad thing that Blizzard have faith in their players - subjectively. For example, it's a great idea to put the Fire Kitty in the pet store to support charity, because players will buy it (if not specifically to support the charity, at least to get the pet). The net result of this is that money goes to charity, which is a good thing, so faith in players in this case is justified.

    When you're implementing a system whereby abuse of that system leads to better rewards for abusive players, you have a responsibility to assume the worst, and plan for it. Yes, sometimes it will backfire for those abusing the queue system, but in a scenario where say two teams are role-matched to have 1(+/-1) healer(s), and one team has two players queued as DPS that switch to heals, they then have 3-4 healers vs. 1-2. In a random battleground, this can make a victory-determining difference.

    Sure, they can say that they didn't anticipate this to be widespread. Well, it shouldn't be able to happen at all. I know it would be a boner for some players to be locked into a spec for the duration of their queue time, as they might like to do daily quests or other things while in the queue, but as other posters here have suggested, why not force a spec-change once they're in the BG, then lock them into using that spec for the duration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Keynesian theory.

  15. #75
    Player A : But blizzard, people will not play the roles they signed up for !!
    GC : Well in that case they'll have a weaker team, and since signing up as heal or dps won't shorten your queue there's no need to do so, apart being a dick.
    *Player A waits 5.3 tags as dps and switch to heal, then takes a screenshot of himself being a douche* : TOLD YOU SO BLIIZ !!! DERP !! U SUCK SO MUCH, Y U NO LISTEN !!


    Yea basicly that.
    GC told people multiple times there was no incentive/use to tag as dps and switch to heal or visa versa... yet people do it just to be asshats. Right now it's CLEARLY the community that is the problem.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolol View Post
    Player A : But blizzard, people will not play the roles they signed up for !!
    GC : Well in that case they'll have a weaker team, and since signing up as heal or dps won't shorten your queue there's no need to do so, apart being a dick.
    *Player A waits 5.3 tags as dps and switch to heal, then takes a screenshot of himself being a douche* : TOLD YOU SO BLIIZ !!! DERP !! U SUCK SO MUCH, Y U NO LISTEN !!


    Yea basicly that.
    GC told people multiple times there was no incentive/use to tag as dps and switch to heal or visa versa... yet people do it just to be asshats. Right now it's CLEARLY the community that is the problem.
    Someone in GC's position should know the community.

    The community warned him about this and he basically ignored it...gaming today has its fair share of "asshats" and there should be checks in place so that they don't ruin the experience of the other players...

  17. #77
    The tweets themselves are a proof that they didn't ignore it. The fact that they retracted it for the moment is a fact that they are not ignoring it.
    The fact that they are working on it is proof they didn't ignore it.

    They is nearly no one (compared to live) doing testings on features like this one on PTR. They should just take your word for it and not implement it ? Wait another patch to refine things... that will probably be whined on like...always ?

    It's really saddening that people are actually ASKING for blizz to give them less liberties...

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolol View Post
    The tweets themselves are a proof that they didn't ignore it. The fact that they retracted it for the moment is a fact that they are not ignoring it.
    The fact that they are working on it is proof they didn't ignore it.

    They is nearly no one (compared to live) doing testings on features like this one on PTR. They should just take your word for it and not implement it ? Wait another patch to refine things... that will probably be whined on like...always ?

    It's really saddening that people are actually ASKING for blizz to give them less liberties...
    When we warn this will happen and they don't listen that's when it becomes a problem.

    When they introduce a broken mechanic they were warned about by the community it isn't acceptable...Refine it with our feedback on the PTR not on live...

  19. #79
    Blademaster Avengex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    44
    And GC said:
    Why would people respec when they entered the BG?
    This is insane, lock the spec when you entered the BG. Heals will be heals and dps dps. Problem solved
    "-Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.*Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP
    - Cleaveage Warrior PvE/PvP

  20. #80
    If players believe they are gaining a personal advantage then they WILL and DO take actions which will screw over the rest of the team.
    They were already guilty of meter or scoreboard humping long before this.

    The only way this can be resolved is to remove the ability for players to do that.
    Have the spec automatically activated, and remove the player ability to change it.

    Whatever blizzard say, players will believe that then queueing as a different spec will get them quicker queues.
    And therefore will continue to screw over the rest of their team.

    The role check is fine, that is doing its job.
    The ability to change from that spec is where the issue lies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •