Guardian trinket procs quandary

I finally got my RoR last week but now I'm left in a quandary. I would guestimate that RoR and Rentaki proc simultaneously about 1/3 of the time putting me over 100% crit. Throw in a WS proc and Im pushing 110%.

Should I not worry about this since its not "every" time they proc or should I replace WS enchant with Dancing Steel?
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 08:20 AM.

Prioritizing haste over crit would just make you go even higher over the crit cap. Not really much to do about it.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Wasn't that the old model? The new model reads
    "Re-Origination converts the lower two values of your Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery into twice as much of the highest of those three attributes for 10 sec."

The way i read it now, your highest stat is automatically doubled regardless of the value of the other 2 stats. So if I stack a lil less crit and add more haste, then the proc will go down slightly because I'm reducing my highest stat.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 06:58 AM.

Rune's proc has worked exactly the same since 5.2 was launched.

3000 mastery, 6000 haste, 12000 crit = Rune procs, mastery and haste are reduced to 0, you gain (3000+6000)*2 = 18000 crit

If you shift some crit into haste:

3000 mastery, 8000 haste, 10000 crit = Mastery and haste reduced to 0, you gain (3000+8000)*2 = 22000 crit

In the first case you have 30000 crit during Rune, in the second you have 32000. The best way to keep the size of the proc minimized is by keeping your crit as far ahead of your other stats as possible.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-05-22 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    No.

Double the sum of your haste and mastery (your two lowest stats) and add it to crit. You dont double your crit (otherwise the trinket would simply state - chance on hit to double your highest stat). Hence, reforging to haste will net you more crit when it procs.

@ Dain, i see your point but becasue the doubling can be so large I figured they designed it to have some draw back which is why it took away your 2 lowest stats. Using it as a bear I know the proc alone gives me approx 31% crit. That type of proc is OP without some type of drawback.

@ Aggixx - So the when did the tooltip change from the 502 version used as an example on the Fluid Druid?

So the only option then is replace WS with DS or forgo using elixers and just use stam flasks.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 08:13 AM.

The tooltip was wrong for all of 5.2 and did not mention that it doubled the sum of your lower stats. The proc functioned that way for a good chunk of beta testing and for some reason they never fixed the tooltip before live.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm if it works like that, then that would mean if i have 2000 mastery and 2000 haste and 9000 crit, during proc i would olny have 8000 crit so i loose crit instead ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

@ Elundedra - We don't lose any of our highest stat, only the lower 2.

So you would have 17K (9k+8k) crit during a proc.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-22 at 08:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ah ofcourse
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE