add-on related sounds not working in raids

tonight in Tot we had multiple players having problems with dbm,bigwigs, weak auras and probably other addons not giving the audio alerts. some of us using the same addons and same version had no problems while others like myself were unable to get any audio feedback from alerts. both dbm and big wigs alerts, also custom sound effects we have tied to certain weak auras.

We ran some heroic scenarios afterwards and they were working fine, also in the open world no problem. but inside of raid something goes wrong.

I recommend checking and updating audio drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here with DBM, probably need to update your addons for 5.3
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

GTFO is also not working correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not your drivers. its a bug related to an in combat file not working or something to that effect. there was mention of it on the official forums. my raid lead tonight found the post, as we all had those same issues. i dont really feel like searching for the post. but its an issue that Blizz is aware of and is trying to fix.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-05-22 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

People on official forums were saying it was a sound channels/priority issue. According to them, if you mute your game sound, dbm/wa will go back to normal.

elitistjerks.com/f104/t132671-notice_5_3_dbm_sounds_combat/

More info on the sound problem with possible work arounds. I never play with game sound on anyway. Between needing to listen to Vent, and wanting my boss mod notices to stand out, it's just too much audial clutter. However, even with no game sound on, I only received maybe 50% of my normal DBM sounds. Going to check and make sure my master audio channel setting is on in DBM tonight and see if that works.

I have the same thing happening with PowerAuras, I have a chime-y sound set to a particular aura that does play, but only for a split second then clips out.

has anyone tried a raid today to see if it works now since they reset servers this morning?

Bugged in EU atm. Countdowns cutting off midway, wa sounds missing... bleh

It has been confirmed a bug and will be fixed, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Turning off your sound effects, ambient sounds, and music (leave master channel on) and making sure DBM, Weak Auras, GTFO, etc are set to play in the master sound channel (if they have that option) is the work around.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    even the looting sound is sometimes muted in raid (cleared all MC just to test it out)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they hotfix this today, so when I get home I can have my damn addon sounds back for raid. It was annoying as hell last night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

15+ Year Old Account
    My AddOn sounds work, but they're really bizarre.

DBM's "BEWARE!" was more like "BE"... "WAR"... "E!" over the course of 10 seconds. It was pretty hilarious actually. There was no accompanying in-game lag (neither connection or video).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    As was said earlier, it's a bug with other sound output having priority for available sound channels over addon sounds.