Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I have been loling around 12/12 normal mode past few weeks since we are gearing up a new raid team consisting of our old WotLK raid team and people that have no raided for years (Basically people were at 480 item level 2 weeks ago), so we are gonna start heroics next week. I was gone for vacation for the first months of 5.2.

DP > HA at 25% haste presumes you are tanking 100% of the fight and that the fight duration does not increase/decrease the uptime of HA. Like, say you got a fight with a heavy damage phase every 3 minutes, then you will use HA every 3 minutes instead of 2 minutes. If instead you have a fight that lasts 3 minutes (Jin'rokh hi), you can use HA twice making its uptime far higher than the average.

I still do not like HA as a cooldown. I prefer DP whenever I do not need a cooldown and SW whenever I need a cooldown. DP gives more dps. I like dps.

Yeah and if I recalled they said if you blow wings with HA it out weighed DP.

/shrug

Thanks for the help btw.
    Last edited by Bloodsoaked; 2013-05-23 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    Ofc presuming you use HA on cooldown. Dunno, never been a fan of HA, it is good in some situations, but that is just what it is for me, situational.

i use HA because its like a CD for me. I know that it will give me a DR buff for a very long time. Starting a fight w/ HA and hero is sweet as well. I was a big fan of DP but have been using HA alot.

HA is amazing if you use it properly. Been saying that all along, though I also use DP on more and more fights. Still not a fan, but it's "better" mathematically.

HA+wings is incredible burst DPS, burst HPS, and super (phys) dmg redux
    HA+Lust is around 35-40 seconds of shield wall.
    HA really shines on any tank swap fight, whereby it "artificially inflates" your ShotR EFFECTIVE uptime over any other option.

HA is subpar on static damage or standstill fights.
    HA is subpar on high magic damage fights.
    HA is subpar if you're an offtank primarily.

Gotta know when to use it and when to use DP (or SW if you're into that). JinRohk was mentioned as a great example of inflated uptime from HA. I use HA for Horridon, since it allows me to solo tank him AND Jalak at the end, for lolvengeance. I use it on IQ, so that I have a monster CD for when all dogs land. I wouldn't want to do HC Animus with anything but HA: I take 3 adds at the start, pop lust/wings/HA AND GoAK and still get a tight butthole. But, then I also get ~750k AP and start throwing shields for 2mil dmg, and all is forgiven.

But HA sucks on fights like Tortos, Primo, Council. I'm on the fence still for Twins HC, as I like HA's "burst" which lines up with wings a few times, but I often have to delay it more than I'd like, so kinda a wash. Not done LS HC yet, so abstaining from that commentary.

TL;DR - DP is easy, passive, and only gets better with gear. HA is situational, and either does quite well or quite poorly. Knowing when to use which makes a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...