Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Group setup for HC scenarios?

What's a good group setup for HC scenarios?
    Tank/healer/DD?
    2 DDs and 1 healer?
    Or would you say it doesn't matter?

i belief that its made for 3 dps.

We were doing 2 DPS with a healer tonight with no issues. Tank seems like overkill, since most of the stuff that really hurts can be avoided.

Like Theiea said, we rolled with Healer and 2 DD, myself as the Priest healer and a Feral DPS + Warlock. As long as everyone "stays out of the bad", cakewalk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    Or would you say it doesn't matter?
    It still shouldn't matter if you believe Blizzard. But I guess they botched this like everything else, so you probably will need at least a tank or a healer.

The bonus VP is much easier to get with 3 DPS in my experience. 2 DPS and a healer works but the DPS have to be decently geared to make the timers.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    It still shouldn't matter if you believe Blizzard. But I guess they botched this like everything else, so you probably will need at least a tank or a healer.
    No. It really doesn't matter. Tanks are actually kind of bad for these.

All I have tried so far on the PTR were easily doable with 3 dps, but it takes some tries until you know all skills and how to avoid them. The mobs don't hit too hard, it is their special attacks that do the damage, so as a tank you hardly get enough vengeance to contribute damage to the group.

They get even easier with a healer, but if you are looking to beat the time runs you are gonna have a hard time with a 100% healer. You can easily beat the clock though with two dps and a fistweaver (probably with a disc, too).

Deleted
    2dps+healer is how I just did a few. healer is handy simply cause some damage is a bit high if you slip up and 2 dps is easily enough to steam roll it.

I doubt a tank would help much at all, since most of the damage is random aoe.

I did one with two guildies last night (the one with all the Saurok and the beer brewing at the beginning). We had a Hunter, a Bear, and me (a Warlock). Had no real issues other than the hunter and sometimes myself not being able to see the red indicators on the ground a couple of times for the fire/poison. Took us around 25 minutes.

Deleted
    Would it be possibly to solo them (minus the timers) with let's say a warlock? Haven't tried it yet, but since the regular scenarios are a complete cakewalk...
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-05-22 at 11:46 AM.

This all depends on gear level.

We went in with Prot Pally, Arms Warr, Feral Druid, and stomped all over "A Brewing Storm". Our avg ilvl was around 510 though, so that may have played a large factor.

The best comp in general is probably 3 DPS with cross healing, some combination of Ret Pally, Enh Shaman, Ele Shaman, Shadow Priest, Moonkin, Windwalker Monk ... even a Disc Priest Atonement healing would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it 1 tank+2 dps, found that worked best for letting the dps go all out without them having to worry about survival. Though our avg ilvl was around 515 so that did result in them being very easy (pretty fun though). If you're running 3 dps I suggest having 2/3 of them be hybrids so that healing is manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I did some as 1 healer + 2 DD now (disci, frost-DK, owl). Worked pretty well.

The mobs hit like wet noodles... most of the damage looks avoidable (don't stand in bad stuff / look at buffs&debuffs etc).
    Sometimes the damage got a bit scary, but it was mostly because we didn't know wtf to do.
    Last edited by Lil; 2013-05-22 at 12:57 PM.

I did the storm brew (w/e it's called) heroic with a protection paladin (me), disc priest and a ret paladin. When I pulled the last boss our ret paladin DC'd and we were still able to kill him timed.

I did Dark Heart of Pandaria last night w/ another dps & healer. Most of the scenario was fine - I was expecting it to be a lot worse. We didn't get the bonus reward, but I wasn't even sure how long we had - it just said "failed" when we missed it.
    It really would've been nice to see an actual timer. It doesn't start until you engage the last guy though so you don't have to rush before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 DPS is fine, but 3 melee might be hard since you might have to move out of range in order to move out of stuff on the ground.

You can run different comps but you really don't need dedicated heals for the most part and it just makes things go more slowly. I did the High Seas one on my hunter and didn't die once simply by moving out of things. Of course, I had a tank pet out, so that's kind of like having 3 dps and a tank.

What you SHOULD do though is to have some health pots on you and keybound so that if you do get caught short, you can heal up. Same for any self heals that you have.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadrogue View Post
    I did Dark Heart of Pandaria last night w/ another dps & healer. Most of the scenario was fine - I was expecting it to be a lot worse. We didn't get the bonus reward, but I wasn't even sure how long we had - it just said "failed" when we missed it.
    It really would've been nice to see an actual timer. It doesn't start until you engage the last guy though so you don't have to rush before that.
    The timer shows up on the bonus thingy that lists the objective(s) when it starts. I didn't notice it until like my 3rd heroic when someone else pointed it out so it's possible it's buggy and not always there, but I definitely saw it on at least one heroic scenario. Even still, it would be nice to know ahead of time how long the timer is, though if you run enough and pay attention I'm sure it's just something you'll learn over time.

3 DPS is totally doable to other people's comments, the trick is just learning the boss fights and how to handle the mechanics.

If you can run a Disc or MW that heals while putting up good DPS numbers, do that. If you have a tank that knows how to actually do damage, bring them. Otherwise just run DPS.

Bringing a healer just makes it easier, but the bonus objectives could be tighter if you don't use them to pull more groups. Bringing a tank makes it faster as long as they know how to do damage because you can pull many groups and AoE. Multiple groups will give them decent vengeance for more DPS as well. If you're only running DPS, you probably need at least 1 hybrid that can heal. People need to know how to use their defensive cooldowns too.

Deleted
    1anything + 2 afk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Would it be possibly to solo them (minus the timers) with let's say a warlock? Haven't tried it yet, but since the regular scenarios are a complete cakewalk...
    So, I've just tried Battle on the High Seas. With an iLvl of about 514, they are indeed soloable.