10+ Year Old Account

And now I have lost it with the gems in PvP.. (Arms Warrior)

Hello all,

Now that 5.3 is out what do you guys think are the best gems to use now? Before the patch I had 54% pvp power and also many pvp resi. But now with the change I have only 39% PvP power!

So what gems should warrior use now more?

Like for the blue: Stormy River's Heart Red: Tense Imperial Amethyst and for yellow: Mystic Sun's Radiance

or!

for red and blue: Tense Imperial Amethyst and for yellow Mystic Sun's Radiance?

I just lost it a littel bit haha

Strength = pure damage
    PvP power = less dmg than strength but the only way to increase healing from second wind/victory rush/enraged etc... all your heals.
    Resilience = pure survival.

Adjust for what's best for you. Maybe find a balance? I think strength in red, tense(str/pvppower) in blue and resplendent(str/resi) in yellow.
    Meaning strength oriented.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-05-22 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I think PvP power in gems is pretty much worthless now. MAYBE for getting a socket bonus for blue sockets (use purple gem), but that's it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm with Osmeric - the only reason to use a PvP power gem is to match a socket (such as in gloves).

Balancing Strength vs. Resilience is an individual case thing. Are you running a comp where you get focused? Is your healer struggling to keep you up? Is your healer exceptionally good at keeping you up? Is it a burst comp? Etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    My world has been turned upside down and i am now forever lost...

I want to say str/crit and pvp powa when needed for socket but idk yet haven't had a chance to check everything

Hello, here's a good post about warrior gemming in 5.3 (spreadsheet):
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...-gemming-in-53

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Strength = pure damage
    PvP power = less dmg than strength but the only way to increase healing from second wind/victory rush/enraged etc... all your heals.
    Resilience = pure survival.

Adjust for what's best for you. Maybe find a balance? I think strength in red, tense(str/pvppower) in blue and resplendent(str/resi) in yellow.
    Meaning strength oriented.
    This is correct. However, with D stance being 25% and our self-heals being god-awful I see no reason to not just gem pure strength and neglect pvp power and resil.