Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hmph, i had the same issue, on every single boss last night as survival, using either DB or TotH and crows. Just like Esoth, Horridons adds were ok, Horridon itself was not.

Comparing last weeks Megaera for example, 128 claws vs 20 last night.. sad times.

From my yesterday's logs, normal modes, pet's Claw/Bite on autocast.

As SV w/o Blink Strikes:
    • Jin'rokh: 30 Claws, was 72 last week
    • Horridon: 5 Claws, pet was parked on the boss; 97 last week
    • Council: 96 vs 134 last week
    • Tortos: 3 vs 99 (while parked on the boss)
    • Megaera: 0 (yes, there were none) vs 155
    • Dark Animus: 18 vs 28

As BM w/ Blink Strikes:
    • Durumu: 170 vs 176
    • Primordius: 114 vs 110

Has anyone tweeted GC about this?

Deleted
    Posted on customer support forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bug I've encountered regarding pet battles have been when battling NPC trainers, without finishing off their 3rd pet, I automatically win.

As this is the hunter forum, we were talking more about hunter pets not autocasting their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    From my yesterday's logs, normal modes, pet's Claw/Bite on autocast.
    The BM numbers look to be perfectly fine, as you'd probably surmised. For SV, Council and Dark Animus look low-ish, but could still be a result of random variance. The rest are fairly evidently low as a result of something other than chance.

Have you tried running with SV specced into Blink Strikes and see what happens?

Edit: I still haven't seen this occur on bosses, and I just did Jinh'rok through Council in LFR. No issues as far as I could see. I wasn't watching it like a hawk, but it was working every time I checked, and my DPS seemed to be in the right ballpark.
    Last edited by Yuyn; 2013-05-23 at 07:33 PM.

Ghostcrawler was asked on twitter about this:

@Ghostcrawler I think 5.3 broke pets bite/claw autocast. On Megaera my pet didn't use it once, its focus stayed at 100 for the whole fight.

@KxWilson Hmm. Haven't heard that. We will investigate.

With Crows, my pet wouldnt use claw properly, sometimes not at all.

Switched to BS, no problems at all. Ill check some more.

Edit:

Ok so i checked some more.
    Tested this on the Shao-Tien Behemoth, the big guy in the first daily zone for Golden Lotus.

With Crows, my pet would Dash in and use 1 Claw, then nothing for 1 minute.
    Changed to BS and it worked fine.

Can someone else try this out aswell?

My bet is that they changed some coding on claw\bite to make BS work and then broke it if you're not using it.
    Last edited by Hoofey; 2013-05-24 at 01:04 PM.

What I also noticed about my pet is that sometimes it was really slow. It didn't have any debuff. But couldn't keep up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    With Crows, my pet wouldnt use claw properly, sometimes not at all.

Switched to BS, no problems at all. Ill check some more.

Edit:

Ok so i checked some more.
    Tested this on the Shao-Tien Behemoth, the big guy in the first daily zone for Golden Lotus.

With Crows, my pet would Dash in and use 1 Claw, then nothing for 1 minute.
    Changed to BS and it worked fine.

Can someone else try this out aswell?
    Same here, with Crows pet didn't use its auto cast attack, once I switched to Blink Strike it started using it again. That was as SV.

Quote Originally Posted by Frippe View Post
    What I also noticed about my pet is that sometimes it was really slow. It didn't have any debuff. But couldn't keep up with me.
    I noticed this as well doing Isle of Thunder dailies. I'd be running through a cave with Cheetah and Camouflage and my pet could never keep up. To make it worse pets don't seem to be despawning when you go far from them like they used to so I just had to sit there for ages waiting for him.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-05-24 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I noticed this as well doing Isle of Thunder dailies. I'd be running through a cave with Cheetah and Camouflage and my pet could never keep up. To make it worse pets don't seem to be despawning when you go far from them like they used to so I just had to sit there for ages waiting for him.
    Yep, they don't despawn anymore, what's worse, they get stuck. My pet was stuck on Tortos when I jumped down where the boss is. Had to dismiss it and summon it back.

Yeah me too, i had to use dash.

I had all bugs :/
    -No autocast
    -Slowness without any debuff
    -Stuck in some situations (like stairs in front of Tortos)
    -No frenzy (the worst one)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    My bet is that they changed some coding on claw\bite to make BS work and then broke it if you're not using it.
    They did, it's a ranged attack with a short (5 yard) range untalented now, rather than a true melee range attack. This changes how it interacts with line-of-sight and... Well, I guess it changes how it interacts with some of the weird hitboxes you find on large and static bosses more than I would have expected

But I've also seen people claim to have this problem with Blink Strikes specced. Though they weren't very explicit about it, and I was just guessing from that being their armory talent choice at the time of the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Alethebeer View Post
    -No frenzy (the worst one)
    Frenzy and autocast are the same issue. Frenzy can only stack if Basic Attacks hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if same bug or not, but my pet was acting weird in pvp earlier, with blink strike talent the pet was walking really slow to targets, then going back to normal speed once he reached them. really annoying :P

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 04:03 PM ----------

yes this is what im talking about, i dont think its same bug though. but only happened to me in battlegrounds so far, tiger was just walking really really slow sometimes.
    dragonmaw - EU

It's amazing how a small minor-ish patch could break so many things for one class. :P

Deleted
    Thing I noticed is my pet is barely able to hold aggro against me anymore - seems it doesn't use Growl on cooldown.

And it's slow as hell, having to wait for it crawling up to me while farming old raids

Deleted
    Respec your pet, then change it back, that seems to fix this issue.

Deleted
    -Lets buff hunter
    -Yeah, but they can't be too good
    -I know! Lets add in some bugs to make it an actually dps loss instead.
    -Brilliant idea!