Help with my DPS

I honestly cant believe I am making a post like this. In the 8 years of playing I have never had to write a post like this but after last nights raid something isn't right at all with my DPS. I am going to post some a kill log for heroic Jin'Rok below, the only thing I can see wrong is that I was using barrage for the fight because when i tried to respec my UI kept giving me an error and wouldn't let me put glaive on my bars until later in the instance.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zh06x...?s=1988&e=2212

Above is the log, any feedback both mean and nice would be appreciated. Like I mentioned i've never had any problems with either of my dps toons, and have always did pretty high numbers until now.

Currently my armory has me wearing only 2 pc but fot that fight I did wear 4pc.

Help me fix this.

Thank you

Serpent sting uptime? Just a guess....

1. You have about half the amount of Explosive Shots as you should. Explosive shot is your signature shot, just like Kill Command for BM and Chimera Shot for MM, and the primary focus of any hunter spec is to always keep your signature shot on CD. I don't know if you're focus starved, or if you're just not pressing Explosive Shot enough, but you simple need to use ES more. This is huge for mastering any hunter spec.

For reference, your personal breakdown should look something like this:

Explosive Shot -- 23-25%
    Auto Shot -- 10-12%
    Arcane Shot -- 10-11%
    Serpent Sting -- 10-11%
    Glaive Toss -- 6-7%
    Black Arrow -- 6%
    Kill Shot -- 4-6%
    A Murder of Crows -- 5%
    Cobra Shot -- 4-5%

2. You let Serpent Sting fall off without immediately reapplying it: this happened three times throughout the fight. Frankly, 38.4% uptime on Serpent Sting is atrocious. You should aim for 95%+. You need a way to track it, or, if you already have something to track it, you need to pay better attention to it.

3. Thrill of the Hunt is a bad talent. It is probably why your serpent sting falls of so much and why you have so many Arcane Shots. Fervor is always a better choice.

4. You should take Glaive Toss for Jin'rokh since it's a single target fight.
    Last edited by Kennyloggins; 2013-05-22 at 12:45 PM.

1) Your serpent sting uptime should be close to 100%. Yours is less than 40%.

2) Your BA uptime should be closer to 80%. Yours is just above 60%.

3) Biggest thing is your lack of explosive shots and your overuse of arcane shot. From a parse of mine a month ago, my ES was 29.6% of my damage and AS was only 11.6%. For you, it's 25.6% AS and 15.5% ES. Arcane shot is a focus dump when everything else is off of cooldown. Explosive Shot is our signature shot and should almost always be cast on cooldown.

4) Barrage isn't quite as good as GT for single target, but believe me, this wasn't your problem.

5) Fight specific, idk if you were doing this or not, but you need to hop into the pool as soon as the tank comes down and stay in it until the storm comes, only hopping out if you get a lightning orb chasing you or if you get ionization dispelled (though you can deterrence it as it's cast to avoid it altogether).

ETA: Oh yeah, I was assuming that you had TotH for that fight since you had so many AS's. It's generally only worth using for aoe fights imo. However, if you do run with it, you need to realize that your priorities still stay the same: AS is still not as important as ES or your other CDs. Don't worry about making sure you use every proc of TotH. Also, if SrS is falling off and you're going to focus cap if you use Cobra, just use MS if you do have a TotH proc up.
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2013-05-22 at 12:54 PM.

Wow... my sting...wth. i need to readjust my tracking addon, because yea 40% is bad.

I will get fervor and start spamming more cobra and explosive and only use arcane as a dump.

Thx for the tips, i feel like a baddie LOL, but will make the corrections, and reply with an update after tonight hopefully.

It's cool, man. Nothing wrong with seeking correction and adjusting to fix it.

Btw, just to make sure we're clear, I wouldn't say you need to "spam" cobra shot more. Spam ES by all means. Cobra is more about focus management than it is damage though. The idea is you use certainly abilities on CD (like ES, BA, or your 60/75/90 talents). When those aren't available, Cobra and Arcane are your two main options. Cobra if you are low on focus, arcane if you're high on it. Part of getting better is learning to think several GCDs in advance. For instance, you don't want ES to come off of cooldown and you're just starting a Cobra Shot or don't have the focus to cast ES.