Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Getting Ahoo'ru is all about A) having most or all the raid buffs and decent enough gear (anything 520+ with a 530 (upgraded) weapon should be fine, below will be rough), and B) handling the first phase properly. Try to get all 3 adds active as quickly as possible and don't overDPS one if it's going to charge soon. It's helpful to let sting/black arrow/pet damage trigger the charge while you attack the next one as long as you're in a position to not be killed by the charge.

In phase 2 deterrence will completely negate the divine orbs; just pop it, run through, cancelaura. Save readiness until after the first set of orbs and you can deterrence the second set too. Don't forget that he casts the aptly named Complete Heal as well, make sure you interrupt it. I didn't even bother trying to get threat on my pet and just face tanked it; spirit bond and a healthstone was more than sufficient. Glyph of liberation can help too if you need it.

Oh also, don't attack him when he spawns at the very start. He automatically heals to full while in his shield so attacking him, even if you aren't using any focus, will just waste your trinket and set bonus procs.
    Alright and does the charge just have to go through the boss? or do the angels actually have to charge and be on/near his hit box to count? but thanks for the helpful tips i think i will be able to get this fight down really soon

I Just Downd it today and got my mount thanks everyone for the help and ill think about doing a guide and posting it because I know people were asking for one :P

I consider myself a average at best hunter and ahroo'ru didn't seem that bad. p1 parked my pet on the boss and md'd the angels to it so they would charge the pet. p2 didnt seem much of a problem. went surv for it

I'm having major trouble with Nibbler as Surv. Keeping him out of the green isn't the problem, the problem is his Acid Spit attack, it keeps killing me. I've tried Spirit Bond and Exhilaration, but it always ends up killing me at around 50%. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Wamogri View Post
    I'm having major trouble with Nibbler as Surv. Keeping him out of the green isn't the problem, the problem is his Acid Spit attack, it keeps killing me. I've tried Spirit Bond and Exhilaration, but it always ends up killing me at around 50%. Any tips?
    For this I went BM you could use a spirit beast and make sure you have lock cookies and hp pot but itd help to be able to use a core hound so you have hero and taking him out really quick but if you're taking to much damage then go with the spirit beast and make sure you aren't kiting him into the puddles he spits out randomly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamogri View Post
    I killed him as survival with Spirit Bond, a Healthstone and a normal hp pot - don't use brawlers hp pot since it gives you half the heath of a normal one.
    Did this in 512ilvl so gear shouldn't be a big problem.

Ahoo'ru on the other hand gives me some problems with this ilvl, think i need an upgrade for my lfr taoren as my burst in p2 needs to be a bit higher than what i do atm unless i get perfect angel spawns and double trinket procc at the start of p2 this will be very hard fight otherwise.

I found that it is way easier to let your pet tank him in p2 and eliminate the orb damage.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I've gotten Ahoo'ru in my gear to 1% on my best attempt but it was pretty tough without 2 rppm trinkets, I might just wait until I get my 4 set or a better weapon or something before trying him again. Like Tehstool said, I MD'd to my pet as soon as he was out, did a FD when I ripped, did readiness for my cds and saved FD for the second time I rip then third time I ripped used detterence and went through orbs without taking dmg but at this point he should be close to dead or already dead if you have decent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerxeskrogg View Post
    I've gotten Ahoo'ru in my gear to 1% on my best attempt but it was pretty tough without 2 rppm trinkets, I might just wait until I get my 4 set or a better weapon or something before trying him again. Like Tehstool said, I MD'd to my pet as soon as he was out, did a FD when I ripped, did readiness for my cds and saved FD for the second time I rip then third time I ripped used detterence and went through orbs without taking dmg but at this point he should be close to dead or already dead if you have decent gear.
    So in other words...you ripped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    So in other words...you ripped.
    Indeed, I did as SV and always ripped on all the attempts I got him real low (also used Blink strikes for my best attempts, tried a few with crows but BS seemed to do more dmg for me). I didn't use the MD glyph, this was basically what I thought about to keep myself alive since if you get hit by the holy circle thing he does - you will take quite a lot of dmg.

I did Ahoo'ru as BM (526ilvl). Used Exhilaration, fervor and blink strikes as talents.
    As pet - core hound with growl on. My tactic was to get 1st angel, dpsed him to ~50% and moved my pet to the boss, while i was moving to next angel (poped 2 at same time). And again, dps one to ~50% and moved pet to boss, same for 3rd. Your pet might die due to charges, but who cares. This is the safe way, you not even need to run to the middle and save time/HP.
    P2 is simple ofc, just remember to interrupt heal
    Got him with 25seconds left on enrage.

Deleted
    have ur pet "move to" boss with growl and when u KC it gets agro and always charges him so u can avoid the centre at all times.

Indeed, I did as SV and always ripped on all the attempts I got him real low (also used Blink strikes for my best attempts, tried a few with crows but BS seemed to do more dmg for me). I didn't use the MD glyph, this was basically what I thought about to keep myself alive since if you get hit by the holy circle thing he does - you will take quite a lot of dmg.
    AMoC should be better than blink strikes due to the fact blink strikes is balanced around AMoC having a CD. You can have crows basically up the entire second phase.

Deleted
    Finally managed to nail him, I was using a haste pet+crit buff pet before going in and went in with a mastery pet, was also unequipping my shado pan trinket so it procs during the last phase. Pretty much saved stampede+second agi pot for when my shado pan trink proc'd and it was a kill, 518ilvl with a 504 sha weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    have ur pet "move to" boss with growl and when u KC it gets agro and always charges him so u can avoid the centre at all times.
    Yeh, thats why i did not used KC during angel charge. While first angel charges, i was using GT + serpent + few arcanes on new angel. When first angel done with charge its same again, let pet get agro with MD + KC (or even w/o MD, since one growl is enough for pet to be 1st on list). Thats all about practice, but worked like a charm.
    In total i had 5tryes. At few tryes i have killed angels by mistake (lol...) and other tryes i died to enrage.

Finally managed to nail him, I was using a haste pet+crit buff pet before going in and went in with a mastery pet, was also unequipping my shado pan trinket so it procs during the last phase. Pretty much saved stampede+second agi pot for when my shado pan trink proc'd and it was a kill, 518ilvl with a 504 sha weapon.
    Grats, that's a pretty huge accomplishment at 518 ilvl. I've seen people kill it at my gear level (~530) almost before dying to enrage.

Deleted
    Guides for rank 8 and 9 (hunter pov)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2G9koAOOJc - Rank 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFZub3jBEU4 - Rank 9

I've killed this boss twice now as a hunter, the first kill I found was very tight with the enrage. The second kill I found if you spec into Glyph of Mirrored Blades you are able to deflect the bosses Divine Orbs onto him, in my attempt I was able to deflect a total of 12 orbs on him which ticked 3 million of his health away meaning I only had to burn 7 million as opposed to the actual 10 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickPimp View Post
    I've killed this boss twice now as a hunter, the first kill I found was very tight with the enrage. The second kill I found if you spec into Glyph of Mirrored Blades you are able to deflect the bosses Divine Orbs onto him, in my attempt I was able to deflect a total of 12 orbs on him which ticked 3 million of his health away meaning I only had to burn 7 million as opposed to the actual 10 million.
    the reflect thing got me the kill thanks dude

Can I not misdirect angels to my pet standing at the middle? it didn't knock his shield down at all