Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brawler's Guild Rank 9 Last Fight Ahoo'ru Please Help, Tricks/Tips are welcome.

So Yeah I made it to Brawlers Rank 9 Last fight Ahoo'ru Just trying to figure out the best/easiest way to do this fight so if you have any helpful information or tips/tricks that would help a lot of this fight would be awesome. I am having trouble getting him to phase 2. I end up dying to all the light balls so yeah any useful information would be great thanks everyone for your time.

Grats in getting that far so quick I'm working on hex still but only tried once wasn't much for the 45 min wait. Got any tips to get where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by abbottrabbit View Post
    Grats in getting that far so quick I'm working on hex still but only tried once wasn't much for the 45 min wait. Got any tips to get where you are?
    Thanks, and honestly once you get Hex down the rest of the fights are pretty easy well I have an ilvl of 525 but the next harder ones will be Bomb guy and snake dude depending on your ilvl imo at least. and For Hex honestly just keep doing it over and over and you become familiar with the maze patter and make sure your turning with your mouse and are zoomed all the way out with the camera over looking down on the maze. But gl man

Perhaps you could give a semi detailed guide on the rank 8 and above bosses? Icy Veins only has them up to 7, and it would definitely be a great contribution to the hunters on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    Perhaps you could give a semi detailed guide on the rank 8 and above bosses? Icy Veins only has them up to 7, and it would definitely be a great contribution to the hunters on these forums.
    I could possibly do that but im not the best at explaining things over text so it might not come out how people would expect.

But anyway back to the post anyone that's got tips or helpful information ive been looking around and there isn't anything at all really Except for one or two youtube videos.

I saw one video for one live kill from a hunter. I don't Brawler's Guild, but here's my suggestions:

1. Go BM.

2. He casts Divine Circle on his main aggro target, so maybe spec a pet tenacity, or have a Stampede pet be tenacity. Barring a tenacity pet, maybe feign right before the timer for circle. Any way you slice it, get him to cast it on your pet.

3. For p1, I'd say just be quick in burning the angels. Each ball hits for 200k, so you can only realistically soak 2 of them. If you can do Hex or Durumu's maze or H-Jin'rokh, I think you should be able to navigate those balls of light. Spirit Bond may be good for if you hit 1 and need to recover. You can deterrence through them. Multi-DoTters are pulling all 3 at once and killing them, which may be viable with blink strikes and improved beast cleave buff now. Burn them far from the boss, so that when they get to 50% and start charging, you can get to the boss, get him to charge to the boss, you get out, and he loses a stack of his bubble. If they hit you with their charge, they one shot you.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I saw one video for one live kill from a hunter. I don't Brawler's Guild, but here's my suggestions:

1. Go BM.

2. He casts Divine Circle on his main aggro target, so maybe spec a pet tenacity, or have a Stampede pet be tenacity. Barring a tenacity pet, maybe feign right before the timer for circle. Any way you slice it, get him to cast it on your pet.

3. For p1, I'd say just be quick in burning the angels. Each ball hits for 200k, so you can only realistically soak 2 of them. If you can do Hex or Durumu's maze or H-Jin'rokh, I think you should be able to navigate those balls of light. Spirit Bond may be good for if you hit 1 and need to recover. You can deterrence through them. Multi-DoTters are pulling all 3 at once and killing them, which may be viable with blink strikes and improved beast cleave buff now. Burn them far from the boss, so that when they get to 50% and start charging, you can get to the boss, get him to charge to the boss, you get out, and he loses a stack of his bubble. If they hit you with their charge, they one shot you.
    Do you have the link for the video that you saw of the hunter doing it if so please link and ty for the help

Yeah I'm on this guy as well, and having all kinds of trouble with the balls of lights. Spent a lot of time sitting in the arena in queue over the past couple days so I'm pretty burned out on the guild right now. Don't have any insight into him really, but would love to get some as well for when I get back at it.

Here is my quick, quick write up for rank 8/9 fights.
    Hexos - You get moved to the center of the arena and locked in place, with Hexos attached to your front. You need to hold right click and weave him through the openings in the hexagons, all while pulling off your rotation.
    Chicken Guy - Basically just run around the edges of the arena dpsing the main guy. Watch out for exploding chickens.
    Robot Guy - DPS from range until ~15-20 stacks, move into melee for a sec then back to range. Repeat.
    Anthracite - You need to turn your back to the boss, and be close to him and use your extra action button to remove his buff which reflects damage to you. This only lasts so long, so you need to kill an add to get the extra action button and use on him again. Repeat. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but as of last night people outside the arena could damage him so that's how most people have been beating him.

Rank 9
    Bomb Guy - Pretty basic fight overall, but I found it very difficult to actually beat because of the damage going out.
    There is 1 big bomb at the beginning, and when you get him to 75% he splits into 3 smaller bombs. Then when you get each of those to 50%, they each split into 3, so 9 medium bomb guys. Then when you get those to 25% (I think), they each split into 3, giving 27 small bombs. Then you need to kill those. And they do barely any damage, just use the MD glyph and keep them all on your pet the whole fight. (I specced tenacity, damage isn't a big issue here). Sounds easy right? Well, not so fast, each time a bomb dies it does an aoe for 35k damage. That's 1.4 million damage on you over the 2 minute fight. I used a stam flask, stam food, 120k healing pot, health stone, double exhiliration, and double deterrence, and still died right as the last bomb died.

Snake Guy - He starts in the top right corner as you spawn (as Horde), and places a blob of poison on the ground every second or so, and if he touches any of the pools, he gains a stacking 500% damage done buff, and it's a wipe. You need to get close to him, and back peddle around the around while pulling off your rotation, and make sure he never touches a poison pool. He does a bit of melee damage which I wasn't expecting too, and if I didn't have a healthstone I would have died since I took iron hawk for the fight.

Mr Fist - To be honest I totally screwed up this fight. He does some moves like the Will of the Emperor bosses, ground effects which you need to move out of. I got hit by like half of them and still beat him so it's not that hard.

I was going to link my video but someone already did, one problem I had was figuring out if the charge was going on me or on the pet, so I just stacked on the boss with my pet next to me in way that doesn't matter if the angel will charge on me or on the pet he will still hit the boss. If you miss 1 charge u can FD and reset the fight becouse u will not beat the enrage.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

How do you beat Big Bada Boom on a hunter? I have so far been doing my brawling on my alt ele shaman, and I had to do a lot of healing to survive. Healing that I cant pull off on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    How do you beat Big Bada Boom on a hunter? I have so far been doing my brawling on my alt ele shaman, and I had to do a lot of healing to survive. Healing that I cant pull off on my hunter.
    As I said in my post above, I tried it 5 or so times and just couldn't see myself beating it. What worked for me was to get as much health as possible, and as many healing things as possible. This means I used a stam flask and food, and had a 120k health pot, and a health stone. I took exhiliration as well, as that provides more healing than spirit bond.

The biggest thing for the fight though is just getting lucky and having a lot of them explode during your (twice used with readiness) deterrence.

edit: and make sure they're stuck on your pet the whole fight. Any extra damage on you hurts a lot. Use the MD glyph and use MD on cooldown pretty much.

For Big Badda Boom, go BM with spirit beast, keep all bombs on the pet, when they're at the last add don't burst aoe, aoe slowly and heal yourself over it, when low health you can make your pet stop dpsing, FD and bandage, also Healing Potion, healing potion and bandage do 120k healing each.
    When there are only Small bombs I suggest aoeing to kill half (with deterrence up) bandage, then aoe more with another deterrence and a health potion. Stam food and flask helps a lot too.
    Take Spirit Bond as healing talent, Animal Bond, MD and Deterrence or Liberation as glyphs. Also Glyph of Stampede for 5x Spirit Mend Helps a lot.
    Last edited by Thamyor; 2013-05-23 at 08:07 PM.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

Ahoo'ru is simply a gear check and not much else, my pet killed the first angel on accident and I still beat enrage. I do have a couple of tips though.

The angels charge does NOT have to land on the boss, it will remove a stack even if he charges through him.
    Definitely use a core hound and bloodlust and burn him once you get to p2.
    The stars of light do the same pattern around the room over and over so if you are dying to them, try to remember their pattern.

Also for the Bomb boss, glyphing stampede and using it near the end with a spirit beast will help.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2013-05-23 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Those bomb tactics seems a bit... difficult to me. What I did was simply going Survival with Barrage, AoEing the hell out of them, and when there are lots of little bombs I would Multi-Shot till they are almost dead and then Deterrence. You don't take damage through Deterrence and Serpent Sting will finish them all off. One shot without knowing the fight for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabloks View Post
    Ahoo'ru is simply a gear check and not much else, my pet killed the first angel on accident and I still beat enrage. I do have a couple of tips though.

The angels charge does NOT have to land on the boss, it will remove a stack even if he charges through him.
    Definitely use a core hound and bloodlust and burn him once you get to p2.
    The stars of light do the same pattern around the room over and over so if you are dying to them, try to remember their pattern.

Also for the Bomb boss, glyphing stampede and using it near the end with a spirit beast will help.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I am doing BM core hound and what was your ilvl at when you finished him off? my current problem is I am taking to long in the first phase I think I just need to get it down quicker and ill be ok in phase 2 but as far as I am aware deterrence doesn't negate the damage of the balls so sometimes I get in a bad spot its pretty much over. Also in phase 2 is it possible for the boss to target your pet and do the whole ring of balls around your pet and not you? But thanks for the help.

And for Big Badda Boom I went BM Used spirit beast used barrage made sure I had a hp pot and lock rocks and you want to single target the bombs down until they're the smallest ones then use barrage get them all low throw a multi shot or 2 so beast cleave kicks in then pop deterrence and your pet will kill a lot of them while in deter then when you come out you can pretty much finish the rest off and use your cookie/pot/spirit beast to heal through it and ofc you can use readiness and deter again.

Deleted
    You shouldn't be getting the balls in the first place, just feign death so he starts attacking your pet. Once he's on your pet you can just focus on killing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eutyr View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much what I am doing BM core hound and what was your ilvl at when you finished him off? my current problem is I am taking to long in the first phase I think I just need to get it down quicker and ill be ok in phase 2 but as far as I am aware deterrence doesn't negate the damage of the balls so sometimes I get in a bad spot its pretty much over. Also in phase 2 is it possible for the boss to target your pet and do the whole ring of balls around your pet and not you? But thanks for the help.

And for Big Badda Boom I went BM Used spirit beast used barrage made sure I had a hp pot and lock rocks and you want to single target the bombs down until they're the smallest ones then use barrage get them all low throw a multi shot or 2 so beast cleave kicks in then pop deterrence and your pet will kill a lot of them while in deter then when you come out you can pretty much finish the rest off and use your cookie/pot/spirit beast to heal through it and ofc you can use readiness and deter again.
    My ilvl was 535.

Today i decided to try out rank 9bosses (had no chance before, due to on my server queues as minimum 30min to 1hour, ANY TIME )
    So Hexos, first try to 19%, 2nd try ~45%, 3rd try 0.3%. When i died boss had 42000 hp left (recount shows 49000hp). Of course i'll kill him, but not with this retarded queues, still fun fun.....

http://i.imgur.com/ovkaf8p.jpg

Getting Ahoo'ru is all about A) having most or all the raid buffs and decent enough gear (anything 520+ with a 530 (upgraded) weapon should be fine, below will be rough), and B) handling the first phase properly. Try to get all 3 adds active as quickly as possible and don't overDPS one if it's going to charge soon. It's helpful to let sting/black arrow/pet damage trigger the charge while you attack the next one as long as you're in a position to not be killed by the charge.

In phase 2 deterrence will completely negate the divine orbs; just pop it, run through, cancelaura. Save readiness until after the first set of orbs and you can deterrence the second set too. Don't forget that he casts the aptly named Complete Heal as well, make sure you interrupt it. I didn't even bother trying to get threat on my pet and just face tanked it; spirit bond and a healthstone was more than sufficient. Glyph of liberation can help too if you need it.

Oh also, don't attack him when he spawns at the very start. He automatically heals to full while in his shield so attacking him, even if you aren't using any focus, will just waste your trinket and set bonus procs.