View Poll Results: What do you prefer?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5.3 PvP

    66 58.41%
  • 5.2 PvP

    47 41.59%
Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Common Sense Nation
    Posts
    585

    5.3 PvP vs. 5.2 PvP

    What do you prefer?

    Just curious. Do you like the longer fights and less burst more than what we had before?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,497
    5.3 so far. Less burst, longer fights that mean you have time to plan and react vs the gear disparity that meant brick walls and insta-kills



  3. #3
    Far too early to tell.

    A lot of undergeared / alts / PvErs are joining Deepwind Gorge at the moment just to see what it's like, so it's hard to get a gauge on PvP as a whole. Most people also haven't sorted their gemming out properly (at least on EU, being the first day). I like that Ret/Enh/Feral/Monks are slightly more scary now (comparable to rogues/hunters/mages).

    Voting 5.3 for now, although I reserve the right to change my opinion.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-05-22 at 03:55 PM.

  4. #4
    I didn't PvP a lot in 5.2 (only hit 90 last night on my new pvp toon) so won't be able to compare massively. But if 5.3 has done what its supposed to I should prefer that play style (though I will be sad I missed out on rogues being super OP =p

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    5.3 so far. Less burst, longer fights that mean you have time to plan and react vs the gear disparity that meant brick walls and insta-kills
    longer fights that what ppl hate, do u play arena with healer, where u just running around chasing healer to kill and he not go further then 80%, and then time ends no1 win - 20min wasted to nothing
    same will be now with bg, this patch is fucking halirious, any healer now is godlike, no ppl wanted to waste time in game where no1 die, they want to see damn crits and HK poping up, even if now ppl saying `if u want pvp go pvp kill smth, not just for gear, rewards` then how the fuck I kill anything if healers not just dieing and healing up their team, especially now at low levels, use cc? great then after he heal full up, and burn healers mana is 10-20 min mindless `like on target dummy` dpsing on which I just better press `leave battle` button
    worst pvp patch ever

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    longer fights that what ppl hate, do u play arena with healer, where u just running around chasing healer to kill and he not go further then 80%, and then time ends no1 win - 20min wasted to nothing
    same will be now with bg, this patch is fucking halirious, any healer now is godlike, no ppl wanted to waste time in game where no1 die, they want to see damn crits and HK poping up, even if now ppl saying `if u want pvp go pvp kill smth, not just for gear, rewards` then how the fuck I kill anything if healers not just dieing and healing up their team, especially now at low levels, use cc? great then after he heal full up, and burn healers mana is 10-20 min mindless `like on target dummy` dpsing on which I just better press `leave battle` button
    worst pvp patch ever
    Healers are not god-like. They take focus but they will eventually run out of mana trying to keep up provided you're doing your job right.



  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Far too early to tell.

    A lot of undergeared / alts / PvErs are joining Deepwind Gorge at the moment just to see what it's like. Most people haven't sorted their gemming out properly (at least on EU, being the first day).

    Ret, Enh, Monk and Feral are all now as scary as Rogues/Hunters/Mages are it seems though, which is a good change. Voting 5.3, although I reserve the right to change my opinion.
    I lol'd. Enh shammy stormblast: 48k MH -HIT!- 52K OH -CRIT-. 1 global. fucking 1 global. My mage never critted -and the first one was a hit that much -at high ratings-. And it seems like even a person with no arms can play a hunter and succeed.

    My full tyrannical mage doesn't even last 10 seconds against a dpri/enha/x combo -because it's easy to predict IB, they just mass dispell-
    Okay, some of you will say "but you're a mage you're op revenge bitch" and I have nothing against those guys, gl at 1750 -unless if you're a hunter, then grats on glad-

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiul View Post
    I lol'd. Enh shammy stormblast: 48k MH -HIT!- 52K OH -CRIT-. 1 global. fucking 1 global. My mage never critted -and the first one was a hit that much -at high ratings-. And it seems like even a person with no arms can play a hunter and succeed.
    I got stormblasted for 180k the last BG I was in, and my Druid is still reforged full Resi (67% + 15% dmg reduction from Moonkin form). I'm actually glad that 'weak' specs are hitting this hard now.

    I stood there and didn't use defensives while the Shaman popped everything into my face and nearly 1shot me. No different to a Rogue, Hunter, Mage or Warlocks capabilities if you don't stop them doing damage. Overall balance seems better.

  9. #9
    5.2 by far, played as a rogue, mage, warrior and shammy and its just PVP is dead to me now with 5.3 and by dead i mean virtually unplayable.
    I die just as easy now as then on the mage and the rogue, warrior can hold out abit longer but only because of def stance and Second wind...shammy is a healer so he never dies and that still hasnt changed.
    Im only gonna give this a few more tries and then im gonna quit this game, makes no sense to spoonfeed them money when i get nothing in return.

  10. #10
    So far, 5.2 by a lot.
    Rogue hits very weak and has no mobility.
    My feral druid with crafted/malev gear pops cds and 4 shots people.
    Paladin still has the stupid burst with defensive feeling a bit better but only played 3 bgs.
    Heal druid i pretty much lol at people in bgs, don't know about arena.

  11. #11
    Burst seems terrible to me with the patch. Never died so fast before against mages, enh shamans, and rets. Their burst seems way worse than rogues were than last patch and i hated rogues... Even pressing defensives correctly with their offensives cds and my healer free healing as a pally it seems unhealable.

  12. #12
    Frost DK is what it should be now

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,414
    5.2

    Blizzard didn't have to nerf PvP power and PvP resil THIS badly. I feel like I'm hitting like a wet noodle on my mage, while being shot at by 13k arcane shots, 90k powershots, 60k chimera shots.

    This patch favors some classes so extremely well, mainly melee it seems. I mean, while I'm doing my almighty 50k FoF ice lances, the warrior next to me is critting me for 80ks.

    The game has far too many defensives currently for the damage to be this low. The lowest ice lance I did was a 12k ice lance non crit....

    Blizzard shouldn't have made pvp resil 65% baseline. It's not enjoyable for anyone to fight someone with 300k hp while you have 380k hp and see your low damage. Heck, I was being hit by a 9k frost bomb and 2k ice lance by an enemy mage. Do you honestly think they're having "fun"? Fights lasting long is really boring simply because of the amount of defensives, escape tools etc.

    Also, I don't think warlocks have gotten the memo for patch 5.3, seeing as they're still doing mighty fine damage while literally being unkillable. Fighting locks with 550k hp ain't fun.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Far too early to tell.

    A lot of undergeared / alts / PvErs are joining Deepwind Gorge at the moment just to see what it's like, so it's hard to get a gauge on PvP as a whole. Most people also haven't sorted their gemming out properly (at least on EU, being the first day). I like that Ret/Enh/Feral/Monks are slightly more scary now (comparable to rogues/hunters/mages).

    Voting 5.3 for now, although I reserve the right to change my opinion.
    As far as gemming goes this patch seems to make mindless primary stat stacking absurdly good for a lot of the agi based classes. Both my rogue (sub and mut) seem to do really good with almost straight agi gems because of passives like trueshot aura.

    My hunter had around 31k ap prepatch with 15% crit. He is now rocking 40k ap with 20% crit, with the reforge priority Mastery > Crit. The scaling is just awesome.
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-05-22 at 10:02 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    Frost DK is what it should be now
    So you want them to stay OP i still face roll (I am a frost death knight)

  16. #16
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    61
    as a RBG player i dont like it but when doing normal bg's i love 5.3 changes. but after todays RBG's o must say this change was pure fore "casual" and to get more "casual" in to rbg. we ran a few RBG's tonight and i think that will be the last of the core group.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by skiff91 View Post
    as a RBG player i dont like it but when doing normal bg's i love 5.3 changes. but after todays RBG's o must say this change was pure fore "casual" and to get more "casual" in to rbg. we ran a few RBG's tonight and i think that will be the last of the core group.
    What a lazy statement. You found something you didn't like and instead of including why you think the way you do you was just say it sucks, or I don't like it. Isn't it a bit early to jump on the WoW general forum bandwagon? You act as if you don't like this casual shift that so many players claim is occurring, yet your attitude toward the subject is quite lazy, or casual.

    If you don't get that, let me simplify, mindless complaining doesn't help a dam thing. Provide evidence of why you think things are bad so the rest of us can see the ideals behind your opinion.

  18. #18
    5.2 by far, the last 3 resets before patch i got my 2's cap with randoms 10-0 for 2 weeks 10-2 last cap b4 reset , tryed some last night 6-8 b4 i stoped

  19. #19
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    808
    People who suffer from it: 5.2
    People who gain from it: 5.3

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    People who suffer from it: 5.2
    People who gain from it: 5.3
    Is this where we say; "No shit, sherlock?" ?

    Healing is hardar and Dpsing is easier.
    Thats 5.3 in a nutshell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •