Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Heroic Scenarios

Anyone else feel like blizzard got lazy, They say everyone prefers scenarios, but every person I encounter in them hates them, and these so called heroic scenarios are supposed to be a bit more challenging, A few friends and me went in and demolished it in probably 13 minutes or so? I was just wondering what everyone else feels about scenarios over more dungeons.

It felt like artificial difficulty, like a simple numbers game, interrupt this, don't stand in that, and try not to fall asleep killing named elites. But on the other hand, I'd rather do slightly shorter heroic scenerios than Cata's heroics for quick gearing up.

I like Scenarios.

Ta da.

I don't recall a Blizzard statement saying "everyone prefers scenarios". They did say that scenarios take much less development time than dungeons.

Personally I like the heroic scenarios, they are a quick way to get 150 valor and potentially a way to get some 516 loot on my alts that I don't raid on. Decently amusing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    Anyone else feel like blizzard got lazy, They say everyone prefers scenarios, but every person I encounter in them hates them, and these so called heroic scenarios are supposed to be a bit more challenging, A few friends and me went in and demolished it in probably 13 minutes or so? I was just wondering what everyone else feels about scenarios over more dungeons.
    Alot of people like them, including me.
    Heroic Scenarios are just a feature for those who think they are better then just the regular ones, and that is good.
    If you don't like them, don't do them.

And no blizzard didn't get any lazyer, or else we didnt get 1 patch each 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

What's so annoying about them? They are much more interactive than normnal dungeons, and doesn't require Tank/healer but having one is not bad either

I'd like to see a source on where Blizzard states that everyone prefers scenarios.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    What's so annoying about them? They are much more interactive than normnal dungeons, and doesn't require Tank/healer but having one is not bad either

I'd like to see a source on where Blizzard states that everyone prefers scenarios.
    I only run dungeons/raids for gear to improve my character. I know from the loot tables which bosses drop what I need. I can therefore plan around my gear choices with these particular drops in mind.

Scenarios only drop loot sometimes and when it does it may not be useful. This is what doesn't appeal to me.

I also prefer the tank/healer/dps setup.

I think they are the evloution of things like the last 3 heroics in cata. Quick gearing. I like how they can be implemented to tell a side story too. It's like an epic version of follow quests.
    Over all I like to see them crank out 1 heroic 5 man and 3 scens every few months. It's a great story telling tool, and like them or hate them, it fleshes out the options for shit to do in the game, and that is never bad.

IT COULD be a test to see if we can break the Trinity mentality (funny how you need 3 in them eh?) and if they like what they see, we might end up with larger scale stuff that breaks the pattern.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I only run dungeons/raids for gear to improve my character. I know from the loot tables which bosses drop what I need. I can therefore plan around my gear choices with these particular drops in mind.

Scenarios only drop loot sometimes and when it does it may not be useful. This is what doesn't appeal to me.

I also prefer the tank/healer/dps setup.
    Scenarios tells the lore of that area we are at.
    That makes them good.

Dungeons are just some random places where we just nuke the place down in less then 15mins.

Scenarios on the other hand has faster que, is more fun and has actually some good lore telling.
    Scenarios are a big improvement to the game itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That makes them good.

Dungeons are just some random places where we just nuke the place down in less then 15mins.

Scenarios on the other hand has faster que, is more fun and has actually some good lore telling.
    I am glad that you enjoy them and the lore that they offer. Personally, I could care less about the lore. Just offering a different perspective.

Deleted
    I personally love the new scenarios, found it a bit confusing horde started with an alliance one killing trolls though.
    Overall found the heroic scenarios challenging, especially rage fire, not tried battle of high seas yet.
    Personally I'd take a 3man scenario that can go deeper into the lore, rather than an enter dungeon, nuke it, loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    They say everyone prefers scenarios.
    When did they say this?

They said scenarios are much quick to develop than new 5 mans.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That makes them good.

And I agree with this as well.

Even though I would prefer some balance, and actually some new 5 mans would be nice (as long as they don't raid raid quality epics).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not super excited about scenarios in general -- some I like better than others -- but I like heroic scenarios. They're not hard, but you do need to play smart. They don't take a lot of time, but they have good rewards relative to that time. I think the addition of heroic scenarios was a good choice.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Personally I'd take a 3man scenario that can go deeper into the lore, rather than an enter dungeon, nuke it, loot.
    how is a dungeon any more restricted then what a scenario can do as far as lore ? in fact, i don't really see any of the "lore" people keep talking about in the orginal scenarios... except that apparently there's some evil monsters trying to stop pandas from brewing alcohol.

in regards to the 'quicker queues', how is that at all relevant to heroic scenarios (and their sister challenge mode dungeons) ? of course its gonna be 'faster queues' if you're required to go with a full party made beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with them if they kept releasing heroic dungeons at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I like Scenarios.

Ta da.
    me too~ ta dadadadada!

10+ Year Old Account
    Making dungeons requires designing and developing new assets, taking resources away from raids (which they've admitted to be the mistake with 4.3). Scenarios use existing assets and my guess is that they are developed by the quest team.

Not a huge fan of scenarios but can't complain about 120/150 easy valor every day, especially if you have the Valor buff making it 180/225.

Deleted
    i like scenario's. they are a quick fun way too spent some spare time.
    especially since the longest scenario queue i ever had was 1m 30+ sec. which blew my mind cause im used 1-10sec scenario queue's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are garbage content. Not difficult, the lore in most of them is flimsy to non-existant and you can't rely on them for drops. They aren't engaging and I don't care what happens to the npcs were are supposed to be working with. 5 mans have been the reason I enjoy this game since vanilla and MoP has been shitting on my playstyle. So no, I don't like scenarios, nor will I ever. I resent them more than anything.