(holy pally) Healing Tortos with Nerf

Hi there,

My healing and heals per sec has dropped significantly on normal 25man Tortos (I use the tier 15 2 and 4 set bonus by the way).
    *I stopped using the tier 14 4 set a few weeks ago to get ready for the cooldown nerf.

--I thought we were losing only 2% mastery. However, when I logged on Tuesday it went from 22.4% to 19.01%, thats 3.39% - so I am wondering if it's only scalling up 1.25 rather than 1.5??

--Previously any piece of gear with crit instead of spirit i had it reforged to spirit.... but changed that to mastery to get my mastery up to 20%.
    *It turned out that 20% wasn't enough for Tortos. during break I went back and reforged some spirit into mastery (as I am not having mana issues). I got my mastery back up to 22% Didn't really see I huge difference though.

--I am wondering if the buff Resto druids (and other healers got) is causing my healing to look worse?

Example 1

25man ZinRok Normal (Before Nerf to holy pallys)
    1. Silverlust (Holy Pally) 110k heals per sec (with tier 14 4 set bonus)
    2. Another holy pally 106k (with tier 14 4 set bonus)
    3. Resto Shammy 102k
    4. Monk 98k
    5. Disc Priest 75k *our disc priest is not the strongest
    6. Resto Druid 72k

25 man ZinRock Normal (After Nerf to holy pallys)
    1. Monk 116k heals per sec (ranked on logs)
    2. Resto druid) 102 (ranked on logs)
    3. Silverlust (Holy Pally) 101k (with tier 15 4 set)
    4. Another holy pally 99k (with their 15 2 set)
    5. Resto Shammy 99k
    6. Disc Priest 78k

~Example 2

25 man Tortos Normal (before nerf to holy pallys)
    1. Silverlust (Holy Pally) 68k heals per sec (with tier 15 4 set bonus)
    2. Another holy pally 64k (with tier 15 2 set bonus)
    3. Monk 59k
    4. Disc Priest 57K
    5. Resto Shammy 56K
    6. Resto Druid 55k

25 man Tortos Normal (after nerf to holy pallys)
    1. Monk 67k
    2. Resto Druid 66k
    3. Silverlust (Holy Pally) 61k heals per sec (with tier 15 4 set bonus)
    4. Another holy pally 58k (with tier 15 2 set bonus)
    5. Disc Priest 57K
    6. Resto Shammy 57K
    Last edited by Silverlust; 2013-05-23 at 11:56 PM.

Yes, there was a scaling nerf on top of the 2%. Count yourself lucky you were already on low mastery. Mastery stacking Paladins have lost almost 10% mastery.

thanks, i stacked a wicked lot of mastery and i am doing 74k heals per sec now on 25 man Tortos

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Yes, there was a scaling nerf on top of the 2%. Count yourself lucky you were already on low mastery. Mastery stacking Paladins have lost almost 10% mastery.
    I've gone from 42% to 36%, although it's a nerf I wouldn't say it was as significant a nerf to make us look at other stats more. But I did notice our tortos heroic (10) kill seemed harder to heal this week....not sure whether that's to blame or people not avoiding rockfalls/spinning shells properly :P

So, 2 things.

First, I agree with Hypasonic. I went from 40% to almost 35% and haven't really noticed it.

Second, Silver, without looking at logs, I would assume that your healing group is overhealing a ton. Try 5 healing those fights. It gives you more to heal and you'll see you numbers improve. With this far into the tier and item upgrades now available, I would talk to your raid leader about dropping a healer on those fights.
    Last edited by Verdell; 2013-05-24 at 02:44 PM.