Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There was about 50 people flying around Barrens yesterday, zerging commanders and protecting the caravans, so I got the whole thing done within the hour. 200 extra valor is nice, but they should realy make the Radical Mojo BoA so I can actually use it fomr something else than a filler in my bags..

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    It's great valor and it's convenient for skipping LFR on alts. If you don't care about either, then yes, you are done.
    pretty much this.

i'm stuck in MSV on my warrior because i cba to grind out rep dailies, however, i can now grind out 489 epics in my own time at my own pace - either by grinding mobs, tracking down the crashed carts or by teaming up with the huge swathes of people killing the commanders.

it's a much faster way of bridging the gap between hitting 90 and hitting ilvl 470 to get out of MSV. if only for the sake of variety - i ran MSV 6 times last week, 18 bonus rolls, 6 normal rolls, 2 pieces of loot

i'll probably do it for quick valor on my main at peak times, by killing the commanders - but i will grind it out on any alts that dont yet qualify for HoF/ToeS. also, the quest to go up mount neverest that rewards 502 boots comes off the back of this questline, which is well worth doing on alts (even if you dont grind out the weekly).

it was also nice to see people cooperating in barrens chat to track things down and kill them faster.

to poster above: radical mojo BoA would be nice tbh - it's 1 per week per toon, so it's not like you can get a full set of gear in a week without putting in an assload of effort to grind all the mats. it's doable, but you'd need a bunch of level 90's for starters and a lot of spare time.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-05-23 at 09:18 AM.
    <insert witty signature here>

you get free 489s for doing pretty much nothing, why would you want higher ilevel on that loot?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If SoO LFR starts at 490, then with a few upgrades (using VP from BF:B) you can get into that quickly as well.
    my guess puts SoO LFR at 500 req.

HoF/ToES drop 483, next LFR needs 480.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    this gear can also be used for transmog if you like oldschool style.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    pretty much this.

i'm stuck in MSV on my warrior because i cba to grind out rep dailies, however, i can now grind out 489 epics in my own time at my own pace - either by grinding mobs, tracking down the crashed carts or by teaming up with the huge swathes of people killing the commanders.

it's a much faster way of bridging the gap between hitting 90 and hitting ilvl 470 to get out of MSV. if only for the sake of variety - i ran MSV 6 times last week, 18 bonus rolls, 6 normal rolls, 2 pieces of loot

i'll probably do it for quick valor on my main at peak times, by killing the commanders - but i will grind it out on any alts that dont yet qualify for HoF/ToeS. also, the quest to go up mount neverest that rewards 502 boots comes off the back of this questline, which is well worth doing on alts (even if you dont grind out the weekly).

it was also nice to see people cooperating in barrens chat to track things down and kill them faster.

to poster above: radical mojo BoA would be nice tbh - it's 1 per week per toon, so it's not like you can get a full set of gear in a week without putting in an assload of effort to grind all the mats. it's doable, but you'd need a bunch of level 90's for starters and a lot of spare time.
    tips:
    1. farm zandalari for rep tokens and keep sunreaver onslaught/the other faction rep tokens
    2. give them to your alt
    3. get free 476 belt, 489 neck, 489 ring and 502 boots from fresh new quest
    4. stop QQing you dont have 470 ilevel

You can farm the equipment on a main, and just do the weekly quest for the mojo on the alt that requires the equipment.
    Certainly I would say there is a case for the Mojo being BoA, since it is likely to get similar gear at a much quicker rate via other means.

Deleted
    getting 300vp on alts for one quest is awsome! even if it takes some some time to get the mats but now that the commanders are cross-faction its rather quick!
    Last edited by mmoc9b6e6339ec; 2013-05-23 at 04:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the resource gathering, closest thing they have done to the AQ gate. What would be cool, is to have this tie into something along the lines of Isle of Thunder, where different things unlock as you "level" the zone. I thought Isle of Thunder was a bit boring due to only doing dailies to level it up. A combination of this and Isle of Thunder progression would be so much fun.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello,

Don't get me wrong, I like that Blizzard have added a slightly new way to get rewards and I don't think it's all that bad but, is that it? I went and got an item from the quatermaster only to find it's ilevel 489? What's the point? I don't care too much about getting the cosmetic items, so am I done Battlefield: Barrens already after only 1 session?
    The rewards a meah at best

i ran my main through it and have no intention of running my alts through except to get the boots for my alts

The whole gathering lumber and stone is a joke with no real reward if you dont need 487 gear

So it looks like im done with 5.3 but i will have fun farming for those new pets in the bc instances

5.4 better blow my balls off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I finished the weekly in about an hour killing the commanders with a pack of people who flew around.

You just made me think of this...Start at 1 minute if you wanna skip the unrelated part...Also this could actually be the theme for 5.3 and maybe even 5.4 LOL.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 04:50 PM ----------

s well as the badass new DK look..Yes i have all the pieces lined up for my fresh 90 DK....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I quite like it, as pointed out its a nice alternative way to gear up alts.
    My only gripe with it is trying to kill mobs that are generally stolen mid cast, or Druids swooping down in flight form to steal the supplies that your killing the mob that was guarding it.
    It's just rude and bad manners.
    Players having absolutely no consideration for others was around far before this patch.

I'm wondering why Cata elementals are hanging out at some of these areas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Hey friends! Got a pain in your alt? Need some mojo, to get your toon to gojoe?
    Then hop over to battlefield barrens, where the loot is a slug, but your alt will give you a hug!
    Yay Team!

(man, I should write commercials and slogens for a living...)

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You just made me think of this...Start at 1 minute if you wanna skip the unrelated part...Also this could actually be the theme for 5.3 and maybe even 5.4 LOL.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 04:50 PM ----------

s well as the badass new DK look..Yes i have all the pieces lined up for my fresh 90 DK....
    So the theme is 80's hair metal? Complete with falsato operatic vocals of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahhahhahahhahhahah with way too much warble on the chorus effect?
    Yah....where do i sign up? (Sorry man, I just don't see it)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Hey friends! Got a pain in your alt? Need some mojo, to get your toon to gojoe?
    Then hop over to battlefield barrens, where the loot is a slug, but your alt will give you a hug!
    Yay Team!

(man, I should write commercials and slogens for a living...)

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 10:07 AM ----------

So the theme is 80's hair metal? Complete with falsato operatic vocals of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahhahhahahhahhahah with way too much warble on the chorus effect?
    Yah....where do i sign up? (Sorry man, I just don't see it)
    DUDE we're literally flying around kicking ass and seeking veangeance..What the song is all about.

My only issue is where is the story? I get to the village south of Org. I meet up with the good guys. Some enemies come barreling into the town.

Kill them. Go collect some wood. Done?

Only neat thing was talking to the pandaren guy in the mountains, with the bit of lore he talks about.

nm, i found the weekly quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm quite confused about what this area is supposed to provide/offer.

I did the lead in stuff, completed the weekly quest, got the Hordebreaker achievement....now what? Am I supposed to come back to this area from time to time just to farm more materials and get vanity items? Is the area going to randomly open up into larger events down the road? There are a lot of unanswered questions, and aside from the weekly 200 valor quest, it appears as though this entire area is useless for anyone who doesn't need the 489 gear.

A little more information on what is supposed to be happening there should have been provided in game.
    yeah im wondering too, i completed that weekly quest in about an hour, now i have no reason to go there. i can only get one mojo think a week it seems, so no point farming all those mats, doesn't seem there is much to do there or much reason to kill stuff there.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    I love the resource gathering, closest thing they have done to the AQ gate. What would be cool, is to have this tie into something along the lines of Isle of Thunder, where different things unlock as you "level" the zone. I thought Isle of Thunder was a bit boring due to only doing dailies to level it up. A combination of this and Isle of Thunder progression would be so much fun.
    yeah would be good if the battle in the barrens got worse as the weeks go on building up to orgrimmar raid. but it seems its just a single weekly quest?
    dragonmaw - EU