New frost AOE rotation after patch?

Just curious how frost mages are doing their new AOE rotation after the AOE buffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use flamestrike more and that's about it. Blizzard still isn't worth using unless there's a lot of targets.

Always remember to use glyphed CoC as it does a huge amount of damage.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Go mastery arcane and spam AE. Huge dps on multiple targets, then arcane barrage when u hit 4 stacks and repeat. I find flame strike useless, blizzard is good if you can't be bothered pressing your keys

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaz View Post
    Go mastery arcane and spam AE. Huge dps on multiple targets, then arcane barrage when u hit 4 stacks and repeat. I find flame strike useless, blizzard is good if you can't be bothered pressing your keys
    You find something that does double damage and takes 33% longer to cast as AE useless.. ok then

10+ Year Old Account
    You can shatter flamestrike too. Makes the DoT part crit nearly every time.

Flamestrike, frost bomb, CoC shatter does amazing damage.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You find something that does double damage and takes 33% longer to cast as AE useless.. ok then
    Well I can cast 2 AEs in the time it takes to cast flamestrike, so given AE has a larger radius of explosion and is instant cast, yes I do find flamestrike useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaz View Post
    Well I can cast 2 AEs in the time it takes to cast flamestrike, so given AE has a larger radius of explosion and is instant cast, yes I do find flamestrike useless.
    No, you can't.. Arcane explosion has a 1.5 second Global cooldown and Flamestrike has a 2 second cast time. 2/1.5=~1.33

So you can cast 1.33 AE's in the time it takes to cast Flamestrike.

And with enough haste your GCD drops down to 1 second, so you can cast exactly 2 AE's in a 2-second timespan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruak View Post
    And with enough haste your GCD drops down to 1 second, so you can cast exactly 2 AE's in a 2-second timespan
    And at that level of haste flamestrike only has a 1.33 second cast time :P
    Armory

Blizzard should be very good in a situation where you have a silly amount of haste (trinket, meta, icy veins, ...) and it's especially good if you use it just before your haste buffs expire.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    And at that level of haste flamestrike only has a 1.33 second cast time :P
    Its almost like haste affects all our spells

One thing to note about Flamestrike is that it scales with haste twice: once for the cast time and then you can also gain extra DOT ticks at certain haste breakpoints. At 100% haste, Flamestrike is a 1 second cast and the DOT damage has doubled, so it does more than twice the damage of a non-hasted FS. Arcane explosion on the other hand caps at 50% haste and doesn't improve from there on.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    You can shatter flamestrike too. Makes the DoT part crit nearly every time.

Flamestrike, frost bomb, CoC shatter does amazing damage.
    Sorry for stupid question but maybe I am not utilizing shatter enough. My DPS is great but this could add to it. I use shatter but what is the exact cast sequence to make this happen? Freeze with water ele or frost nova?

Quote Originally Posted by antiscian View Post
    Sorry for stupid question but maybe I am not utilizing shatter enough. My DPS is great but this could add to it. I use shatter but what is the exact cast sequence to make this happen? Freeze with water ele or frost nova?
    You'd have to use pet Freeze to make it work. You'd cast frost bomb first, you'd start casting flame strike so that it would finish just as the bomb was about to explode. Just before you finish Flamestrike cast, you hit pet Freeze since its off the GCD, at the same time you queue CoC to cast right after flamestrike.

Flamestrike and bomb should both go off at the same time with everything frozen, and if ur lucky CoC will still catch em before the freeze breaks. Very large burst aoe but its a fair amount of set up - obviously only works on trash/mobs that are rootable.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-05-23 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the easiest thing to do but its good fun on the trash in HoF and the trash before qon (kill the 2 big guys first then pull all the quillen at once).

Without pet freeze you can really only do a frost bomb, frost nova shatter and if your lucky you can CoC before the nova breaks.
    Armory

Thanks guys big help