Deleted

Has anyone a working Fire and Brinstone macro?

Hy.
    Anyone a working F&B makro?
    I would like to cast e.g. incinerate with F&B when I use the macro and it should turn the aura off each time I cast the macro

Deleted
    I have
    im using 6 keybinds for my firespells. 3 single target, 3 aoe.

Aoe:
    #showtooltip immolate
    /cast !fire and brimstone
    /cast immolate

#showtooltip incinerate
    /cast incinerate

#showtooltip conflagrate
    /cast conflagrate

Single target:
    #showtooltip immolate
    /cancelaura fire and brimstone
    /cast immolate

#showtooltip incinerate
    /cast incinerate

#showtooltip conflagrate
    /cast conflagrate

This way, you dont have to worry about removing fire and brimstone when you want to single target
    yes, its that simple.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a condensed version of that:

#showtooltip Incinerate
    /cancelaura [nomod] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast [nomod] Incinerate
    /cast [mod:shift] !Fire and Brimstone
    /cast [mod:shift] Incinerate
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Incinerate

Nomod for non AoE, Shift to AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilyx View Post
    /cast [nomod] Incinerate
    /cast [mod:shift] Incinerate
    I would modify ur macro like this:

#showtooltip Incinerate
    /cast Incinerate

You dont need to write "/cast Incinerate" with both modifiers, just without any.
    -> make this macro with every fire spell -> spammable aoe buttons!!
    Last edited by mmocdaa1b3e67c; 2013-05-23 at 10:40 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Works good, thanks for the update!

Thank you very much! I thought [nochanneling] only worked with actually channeling spells like mind flay, drain life etc. Didn't know it worked for hard casting! I will test it when I get home!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Thank you very much! I thought [nochanneling] only worked with actually channeling spells like mind flay, drain life etc. Didn't know it worked for hard casting! I will test it when I get home!
    #showtooltip Incinerate
    /cast Incinerate

After some additional testing I think you are right in saying that [nochanneling] only affects channeled spells.
    After 5.3 hit I just played around with F&B macros and sometimes I interrupted my own casts using the above macro.
    Then I just tried to modify my macro and added the [nochanneling] whereupon it seemed to be working without interrupts.
    But now I know it better:
    The macro allows spamming as long as you use it for aoe purposes, because of the "!" in front of the F&B, which prevents using F&B again, when it's already up.
    The macro interrupts your spellcasts when you want to switch to single target and F&B is still up. This is, because F&B needs to be up until the cast modified by it is finished (The new F&B costs no embers, but the casts modified by it). So when you spam the single target version of the macro with "/cancelaura F&B" it will just do that and you can't finish the F&B cast, because F&B is not up anymore. I wish it would be possible to convert an F&B Incinerate into a normal Incinerate when cancelling the F&B buff^^

tl;dr:
    1: Spam the macro while aoe-ing
    2: When you want to switch back from aoe to single target and you are still casting an F&B Incinerate, wait until the cast is finished and then spam the macro for single target again.
    Last edited by mmocdaa1b3e67c; 2013-05-23 at 11:12 PM.

Recently I've been using Fire and Brimstone a lot. I have also been using Howl of Terror more and more. As a PvP Warlock both are pretty important if you wanna keep the enemy team both at bay and on fire! I also have been going keybind crazy....

Anyways, I don't have my main spells on macros. I like keeping them separate, and having other spells on macro.

Anyways staying on topic here. this is the macro I use for F&B and it works wonders. At first, I had the spell alone on one button, and when I changed to a macro, I noticed it would activate but never deactivate. With this, you can turn it on and off in a pinch.

#showtooltip;
    /cast [mod:shift] Howl of Terror; !Fire and Brimstone;
    /cancelaura Fire and Brimstone;

Quote Originally Posted by Yacksy View Post
    I would modify ur macro like this:

#showtooltip Incinerate
    /cast Incinerate

You dont need to write "/cast Incinerate" with both modifiers, just without any.
    -> make this macro with every fire spell -> spammable aoe buttons!!
    Ok, maybe I am doing something wrong(replacing Incinerate with Immolate) but I can't get this to work with Immolate?
    It works Great with Incinerate and Conflag...just not Immolate.
    Last edited by Kayaan; 2014-04-23 at 09:44 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Matsykun View Post
    Recently I've been using Fire and Brimstone a lot. I have also been using Howl of Terror more and more. As a PvP Warlock both are pretty important if you wanna keep the enemy team both at bay and on fire! I also have been going keybind crazy....
    FnB in RBGs? I hope you're kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaan View Post
    Ok, maybe I am doing something wrong(replacing Incinerate with Immolate) but I can't get this to work with Immolate?
    It works Great with Incinerate and Conflag...just not Immolate.
    I got it to work with immolate just now. Maybe check your spelling? Did you mistype something?

Quote Originally Posted by Raenah View Post
    I got it to work with immolate just now. Maybe check your spelling? Did you mistype something?
    I think everything was spelled right because it would cast Immolate, but when I pressed "Shift" and cast its doesn't activate FnB. It just cast the normal single target Immolate. It worked as intended with Conflag and Incinerate, and I am not changing anything other then the name of the spell.