Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When I originally saw this thread I had never experienced the bug, but the last 2 raid weeks I've had it happen multiple times. I've had it happen twice in a row mid fight and that really sucked. It's quite the inconvenience as well when it happens on pull and you mess up by having to re-evocate again.

Deleted
    i feel like its getting worse... is the game degenerating or what? oO

Deleted
    I don't use Twitter, but whoever does and is also concerned, PLEASE spam GC, they must fix this at least on 5.4......

10+ Year Old Account
    a slight change to evocation could potential fix the issue. Make invocation based off of your mana (but not like arcane). If you have 100% mana you always have the buff, as soon as you drop below 100%, the 60s timer starts. Anytime during that 60s timer that you reach 100% mana again the timer resets back to 60s. This would also make mana gems useful again.... i.e. get to 90% mana and use mana gem to increase the duration of Invocation before you have to evocate.

This would also fix 1 small issue of the "maintenance" side of invocation by not having to evocate before each boss pull.
    Two-Night 14/14hm pre-nerf recruiting for WoD!

Yeah, I've seen that suggested before. It's not a bad idea. I'm not sure if they are concerned with the impact it would have on PvP or what. Seems like a solid fix to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    I don't use Twitter, but whoever does and is also concerned, PLEASE spam GC, they must fix this at least on 5.4......
    We've been all over his ass about it. Supposedly they "fixed" it at the end of May. I not once saw a blue post stating so, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume the only way they will fix this is by us not using the talent. I was excited to see there were hot fixes for 6/24 yesterday, and extremely ticked off to see a shaman's "Stormblast damage has been normalized." and that was basically it.

Hidden Fire Mage Nerf for 5.3 - Invocation - 50% of the time, it works every time.

/puts on tinfoil hat

They might not be in any hurry to fix this since it's already so popular. It would be an extremely shitty move, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have discussed this. They can essentially force us into IW or RoP and then bring out numbers about how players are using all 3 talents more equally now so it must be a good thing.

I'm not so sure I believe this idea myself, but I cant dismiss it at the same time.

On a more optimistic note, maybe they have been dodging the issue and haven't fixed it yet because there are already major plans in the works for level 90 talents in 5.4 that just aren't ready for PTR yet.

I started gearing up my mage a couple weeks ago and didn't experience this once until I got my two piece t15. It's been a huge pain the the butt since.

10+ Year Old Account
    They "claimed" they did something to fix this on 5/29... can't remember exactly what it was, but its now 6/25. It's been almost an entire month without them saying anything about it. Personally I wouldn't be so upset about it, if they said something to us. Anything like "Update - 6/25 We are still working on the invocation bug. Proving this is not an easy fix, but we are working on it." Being left in the dark for this long is a huge slap in the face to our whole community.

Warlocks KJC got nerfed on 5.4 PTR, and within 48 hours it was basically reverted back. While our on live and on going bug is being left in the dark for this long.

Has anyone even tested it in the PTR? Before saying it won't be fixed test it out and see if it is. If it isn't fixed in the PTR report it.

Edit: The problem is they are not even sure what is causing the buff to not register even on a successful cast of Evocation. People have tested glyphs, combat, targets, etc. and have not found anything to report back to Blizzard. It is just completely random and there is no way to duplicate it.
    Last edited by Leviatron; 2013-06-25 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatron View Post
    Has anyone even tested it in the PTR? Before saying it won't be fixed test it out and see if it is. If it isn't fixed in the PTR report it.
    I was watching Method's stream yesterday and one of the mages was fire and was complaining that the Invocation buff still was not working. Blatty's RoP arcane-ness laughed at him.

Below is a video of the Fallen Protectors and you can hear him talk about it a couple minutes into it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4Y8PpAU2GIk

Deleted
    Anecdotally I never had problems with Invocation playing high-haste (13000+) Frost with Frost Armor, but I it fails a lot now I'm trying Fire at ~5100 and Molten Armor.

I thought it might be the Evocation Glyph, so I tried running without it (as I do with Frost), but it didn't make a difference. Frustrating.

The bug started pretty much when they changed Incanter's Ward. It is probably related in someway since it is also a level 90 talent.

I have noticed it a bit

I've run 3 of the ToT LFRs and have yet to see it bug out. Was waiting a bit yet to get hopes up. That's exciting to see, Leviatron!

In reference to this, I just downloaded a 12.9MB patch. Have not seen any hot fix patch noes as of yet on any blue posts.

Currently running Version 5.3.0 (17116)(Release x64)

Is that old news or could that be the answer to our prayers?

So.. is this real? Does Invocation finally got fixed? No blue troll?

Got the path this morning too and tried it. No fails so far. It seems to be good!
    Tell us your experiences.