Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about my logs vs other prot paladins?

So, I've been trying my best to get this rotation down on my new main switch 4 weeks ago.
    After going through logs and various ranking guys I noticed they typically have double the CS hits then myself.
    I'm sitting at like 13.5k haste... to the best of my ability I try to keep the rotation of cs>j>x>cs>x>j>x>x repeat. Think that's it.
    I'm hit cap and exp hard cap. 520 ilvl

Logs are private but here is an example...

Yes my uptimes on ss sucked horrible, yes I could work on a few things but my question is about the CS being dramatically lower than these guys.

Vecks - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=2221&e=2888
    Zeemus - About = time http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7...?s=1893&e=2412

Please help, I feel horrible for sucking so damn hardcore.

Deleted
    you are using J>CS instead of CS>J.

Not much more I can tell without access to the logs. Your SotR uptime is low, your ss uptime is low, you did not use a lot of CDs.

Yeah but, say with my cs it's at 3.41 sec, and judgement at like 4.+ the difference between me and them are near double that would mean I'd be sitting on CS for long periods of time or something which just isn't the case.

Sadly the logs are private.

I'm a bit sad about my SS up time lol fight went so smooth I didn't use it but typically keep that up to 90%+ with weak aura tracker.

I agree my SotR is low but that's because my holy power is shit. Though I do my best to use cs and j off cd. I can't even think of gaining double cs from this point it mind boggles me.

Deleted
    You are forgetting that HotR and CS shares cooldown.

You gained 119 HoPo from CS/HotR and 119 from J, exactly the same amount. The optimal ratio should be 1:0.67 (+- 0.05 depending on fight duration etc). Your ratio was an exact 1:1 which suggest you use J>CS instead of CS>J.

Trying to guess which fight this is from all those HotR's....4 Speed of light casts, so...JiKun on adds? But LH on that fight? o.O

It's not a huge deal, but CS > HotR in terms of dmg, unless you're on a lot of targets. I know you're not asking about that, just nitpicking.

Your SHotR time looks low partially also because of what I can only assume was a handful of WOGs cast, given the BOG uptime you have there.

As Firefly already mentioned, you're just using J>CS/HotR too much. It gets to be second nature eventually, but really you should learn the proper muscle memory before it sets in. Go practice on a dummy til you can do it blindfolded, or get something like CLCinfo to help out while you're learning still. It is NOT easy to maximize HoPo/min while also performing the tank duties in heroic TOT, so don't feel bad.

Hell, I've been doing it forever and STILL get pissed when I miss a few HoPo gen's due to bad timing of SS refresh, bad timing on t90 talents (Y U NO SPELL HASTE GCD?!!), etc. 98% SS uptime? Must mean I missed 2%. 65% ShotR uptime? Theoretical max is 68% for that fight, I must have messed up.

No matter what you improve, you'll ALWAYS find something to beat yourself up over. Just go practice.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-05-22 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Trying to guess which fight this is from
    I have no idea

*cough* highlight below *cough*

It says Horridon on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I have no idea

*cough* highlight below *cough*

It says Horridon on the top.
    Well, yeah if you wanna like, READ and stuff.

Shut up.

OP, I guess LH is good on this, but I use Prism personally to help out with Dire Call burst healing, as well as boss damage. I assume you're dropping Hammer on the adds, which is also a good idea, but Prism hits hard as hell on boss, then heals commensurately on the raid. Just something to think about. Looks like you're using UbS and HA, which I think are good on this fight as well.

You can also fit in another wings in that fight. On pull, door 2-3, end phase. Just FYI.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

lol thanks guys.

Suprising how much of a difference it would make to actually use cs over j more often. Guess I get caught up in my druid ways.
    Guardian druid before switching to paladin which is probably why I hotr so damn much. I don't even intend it but have to break the old ways.
    I'll just try to sit on the dummy and perfect it through most of this day. Whatever it takes that extra hp would be solid.

Also, for the LH remark, I do throw it on the adds but I agree that Pris would probably be better over all.

Thank you for the input if another ss of the logs would help you out more let me know. I guess it's pretty obvious I just spam the wrong shiz.

Deleted
    Using Hotr over CS does not make that big dps difference, that is minor. You could think about using CS more. Though you have more important things to focus on.

Using CS>J is a bigger issue and more important.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-05-22 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Using Hotr over CS does not make that big dps difference, that is minor. You could think about using CS more.

Using CS>J is a bigger issue and more important.
    Thats what I said... -.- Only reason I called it out was that he had damn near the same amount of HotR as CS, when it should be ~ 7+:1 CS:HotR.

But yes, OP go sit on a dummy or try out CLCInfo.
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Thats what I said... -.- Only reason I called it out was that he had damn near the same amount of HotR as CS, when it should be ~ 7+:1 CS:HotR.

But yes, OP go sit on a dummy or try out CLCInfo.
    I was reinforcing your statement

From a pure DPS perspective, would using Execution Sentence make sense for this fight? I'm aware that Prism is pretty awesome, but I thought ES was the go-to for single target fights.

I use a weak aura setup kind of like thecks. Mix of his modified a bit with another one I found here.
    It's pretty much CLCInfo in that sense.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    From a pure DPS perspective, would using Execution Sentence make sense for this fight? I'm aware that Prism is pretty awesome, but I thought ES was the go-to for single target fights.
    I would think that for dps it might be pretty solid but it's a 1 min cd on top of the fact that's all it brings. You get the dps boost from Prism and it also heals people near which helps a good bit on the fight.
    Last edited by Bloodsoaked; 2013-05-22 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    If you are not concerned about HPS yes. ES is a lot better for DPS. Remember that it does 0 HPS.

So, after running on the dummy and focusing on what I was doing a bit... I noticed I had the habit of going...

CS>J>x>CS>x>J>x <--- trying to put a filler after the last judgement there... it extended the rotation and got it all off whack.

Now to break that habit :|

what Firefly33 said on the 2nd post = thread

My team's roster has been really bad lately, so alot of us out gear some normal content.

We 1 healed horridon and i kept horridon w/o ever dropping my stacks. I actually had to slow down on dps around the last door, so i know i could have done better w/ my sotr uptime. I think i ended up with 31 stacks too.

SS uptime was me being bad. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6051&e=6528

Deleted
    I often find my own SS uptime to be shit. Like 40-70%. Though when I check when I have my uptime, I have 100% uptime on all high damage parts. My only down times are on the low damage parts.

I was checking my SotR uptime for the first few bosses this reset. Disregarding the bosses that I had low uptime for obvious reason. Getting tossed on Jin'rokh, died on primordius (other tanks fault), etc, just checking the fights that nothing really lowered my uptime.

71.2% on Horridon, 67.5% on Council, 72.3% on Megaera, 68.9% on Ji-Kun.

However I am not aiming for max uptime on most of those fights. Like Megaera, Ji-Kun I could easily have pushed 75% on both. I change my rotation when the head is below 20% on Megaera, on Ji-Kun I jumped down to get feather, flied up to get the buff and change my rotation when the other tank is tanking.

Thing is, I change my rotation on almost every fight at certain points. So I get lower uptime. One week I will try to aim for max uptime and see what I get.
    Like, I got 61.5% on Tortos, but on Tortos I often overcap HoPo in preparation for bats/bites and hold back HoPo generators. So that is kinda logical.

So really, if you are aiming for max uptime, you should be seeing 65%+ atleast.

is that 65% with HA or DP?

Deleted
    Divine Purpose. Guess remove between 3-5% with HA. I am not really 100% sure how much lower the uptime is with HA as I never use it.

What progression point are you currently?
    I think DP probably would be better over all no doubt. Was reading something last night Theck posted about DP > HA at like 25% haste or something.

Granted it depends on fights too... I like having it on Dark An. Just popping HA when holding the two adds makes it childs play.