Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    How exactly are the raids coming faster this expansion? Ulduar was released on Apr 14, 2009. 4 months later ToC was released on Aug 4, 2009. 4 months after that ICC was released on Dec 8, 2009. Both ToC and ICC had at least 1 dungeon to go with it. Raids for MoP opened in October 2012, and the next tier was released March 5, 2013 5 months later. No new dungeons have been added despite the team being bigger than ever as they have said.
    Well it was kind of easy to have Ulduar come out sooner because the team had only created 2 small raids with 1 boss each for the first tier.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How exactly are the raids coming faster this expansion? Ulduar was released on Apr 14, 2009. 4 months later ToC was released on Aug 4, 2009. 4 months after that ICC was released on Dec 8, 2009. Both ToC and ICC had at least 1 dungeon to go with it. Raids for MoP opened in October 2012, and the next tier was released March 5, 2013 5 months later. No new dungeons have been added despite the team being bigger than ever as they have said.

Also patch 3.1 and 3.2 had daily hubs at the ToC tournament grounds.
    The daily hub wasn't part of the raid team, like the daily hub for Firelands and ToT wasn't. ToC was really small, and Naxx was a remade, the only things that really required a lot of work was Ulduar and ICC, which they had a lot of time. However, I still don't understand how they could be so silly and release ToC so early, they could have had Ulduar for 8 months, and then ICC for less than an year.

10+ Year Old Account

Also patch 3.1 and 3.2 had daily hubs at the ToC tournament grounds.
    It's funny how you count ToC as being equivalent to Ulduar, ICC, T14, and ToT.

Deleted
    While I entirely understand why alot of people didn't like ToC, am I the only person that really just didn't mind it too much? I remember some pretty awesome times there.

U FACE JARAXUS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    While I entirely understand why alot of people didn't like ToC, am I the only person that really just didn't mind it too much? I remember some pretty awesome times there.

U FACE JARAXUS!
    Whether or not people liked ToC is tangential to the discussion. It's about raid size and the resources involved in development. ToC was small because Blizzard was focusing on the ICC patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's funny how you count ToC as being equivalent to Ulduar, ICC, T14, and ToT.
    And yet the time between t8 t9 and t10 was less than the time between t14 and t15. And somehow the OP is wrong for expecting more out of Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    ^ That is on the frontpage today. When I read it, I got a little boggled. When the ICC patch hit live, we got one of the best raids ever created, and 3 of the best 5 mans ever made. So why does Blizzard say today, that they cannot create that experience again? I call bullshit. Im not trying to create a flame thread, but you cant ignore the fact. That statement is a huge lie and they have proven themselves that they can make 5 mans and make a epic massive raid.
    And just look at ICC and Frozen Halls - the entire raid as well as two and a half of the dungeons was bland, empty and every room was the same. Did you not notice the lack of doodads or enviroments?

In fact your example only proves their statement - they had to reuse the same art assets for all of it because they didnt have the time or resources to do it any other way.

And yet the time between t8 t9 and t10 was less than the time between t14 and t15. And somehow the OP is wrong for expecting more out of Blizzard.
    You're still ignoring the simple fact that Blizzard did not even create a T7. Aside from 2 bosses, the whole tier was reuse, which gave Blizzard a lot more time to make T8. Hell, it was even stated that Ulduar was being made before Wrath even came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You're still ignoring the simple fact that Blizzard did not even create a T7. Aside from 2 bosses, the whole tier was reuse, which gave Blizzard a lot more time to make T8. Hell, it was even stated that Ulduar was being made before Wrath even came out.
    And you're ignoring the fact that content is not actually coming out faster and there's less of it when it does come out.
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

And you're ignoring the fact that content is not actually coming out faster and there's less of it when it does come out.
    Actually a matter a fact content is coming out fast, may not be content you like but it is content. 5.1 and 5.3 both come out only a few months after the previous patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day its their game. How much content they do or do not choose to release per patch isn't something they need to clear with any of you.

If they had released a dungeon with Throne, then some of you would whine 'why not 2? ICC and DS had 3, the least u could do do is give us 2!'

If they had released 2, some of you would ask 'Why we no get 3 dungeons? ICC and DS had 3!"

And then, if they had released THREE, there would be people asking 'why not 4? u said ur team is bigger than ever blizz yet u release less content, ur just lazy developers'.

They don't give the community what they want, you bitch.

They give the community what they want, you bitch.

This is why Blizz needs to drown pretty much all the noise out and just make their games the way they want. No matter what they do, what feature they offer, what amazing thing they create, someone somewhere will whine that they aren't doing enough.

Actually a matter a fact content is coming out fast, may not be content you like but it is content. 5.1 and 5.3 both come out only a few months after the previous patch.
    The point of this thread is about Blizzard not being able to make raids and dungeons at the same time anymore, despite the development team being bigger than ever.

The point of this thread is about Blizzard not being able to make raids and dungeons at the same time anymore, despite the developer team being bigger than ever.
    You were the one who brought up the argument of content not coming out faster.
    And you're trying to use ICC as a example yet ignoring what happened in T7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Nobody else depressed with the fact that a company with so much resources is only able to push out so little content ?
    Um... its a video game. I didn't get depressed that there were 'only' 120 stars in Mario 64, and I'm not going to get depressed that we 'only' got a raid in 5.2.

Blizzard could release content every month and people would bitch why they don't release content every 2 weeks. That's just how some people here are. MORE MORE MORE GIVE ME MORE without a clue as how game development actually works.

Nobody else depressed with the fact that a company with so much resources is only able to push out so little content ?
    "so little content" where? I don't see it. Content is there, even if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of this thread is about Blizzard not being able to make raids and dungeons at the same time anymore, despite the development team being bigger than ever.
    No, actually the point of this thread is the misinformed and incorrect notion that they are unable to. Choosing not to =/= not able.

I am perfectly capable of driving my car through the front of my house but I choose not to. Big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. Truth be told I've had a little too much to do in MoP and have a long list of things to try and get done on my main that I haven't gotten around to yet.

I'll be rude enough to jog your memory from less than 12 hours ago and remind you that you just wrote this in another thread:
    When you consider that Blizzard said they wanted to focus on pushing out content faster and faster, I'm imagining that they've been placed under deadlines for patch and content-updates. It also makes me realize that they're really stretched thin in resources and time ...
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You were the one who brought up the argument of content not coming out faster.
    And you're trying to use ICC as a example yet ignoring what happened in T7.
    How am I ignoring t7? Tier 7 was Naxx(reused from vanilla) Archavon, Malygos and Obsidian Sanctum. And if you're trying to say fewer bosses means faster patches then why did it take almost 7 months between cata release in Dec 2010 and Firelands at the end of June 2011?

How am I ignoring t7? Tier 7 was Naxx(reused from vanilla) Archavon, Malygos and Obsidian Sanctum. And if you're trying to say fewer bosses means faster patches then why did it take almost 7 months between cata release in Dec 2010 and Firelands at the end of June 2011?
    What I'm saying is Blizzard didn't have to spend as much time on T7 so it gave them more time for T8, and still more time for T10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post

^ That is on the frontpage today. When I read it, I got a little boggled. When the ICC patch hit live, we got one of the best raids ever created, and 3 of the best 5 mans ever made. So why does Blizzard say today, that they cannot create that experience again? I call bullshit. Im not trying to create a flame thread, but you cant ignore the fact. That statement is a huge lie and they have proven themselves that they can make 5 mans and make a epic massive raid.
    OK couple of things, your just looking at ICC patch in isolation.

ToC was before ICC patch.

And ICC patch lasted 13 months.

Is this what you want?

So to compare MoP to WotLK.

If they added 3 5 mans in 5.4 along with SoO.

Would you be happy if ToT was only 1 room and had 5 bosses?

Would you be happy if SoO lasted 13 months.

My answer is 100% NO I do not want that to both questions.