Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Must be even worse since CRZ decreases how many of these spawn. If there was no CRZ -let's say one of these spawns per week per server. With CRZ - if 50 realms are merged into a CRZ then 1 will pop for all 50 of those realms. TLPD works the same way - they have reduced the TLPD spawn to 1 with CRZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love its mechanic. You are not supposed to "farm" those, but the cool thing is when you randomly stumble into it.

I hate RNG. Always have, always will.

This unborn val'kyr is a pure RNG tame because no matter how much you actually search for it or time you put into looking for it, some random lucky guy might just happen across it after it spawns an hour before you do because you're having to look over an entire continent.

With CRZ screwing over all of northrend too, every known spawn location for the val'kyr i've ever been to has been camped by 1 to 3 people. All from different servers. Without CRZ it would be a lot more tolerable.

I don't want the unborn val'kyr because blizzard is trying to force "rarity" out of it, I just want it because it looks cool and has a neat power.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

So after 11 hours of camping, the one I was waiting for finally spawns. To my surprise I'm taken out of combat. Why? Because a fucking alliance attacked me, and once I was out he killed the Val'kyr. This shouldn't have happened, and it needs to be fixed.

its a virtual pet, calm down. go get a marble bengal kitten or a savannah cat IRL and you'll never turn WoW on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i currently have every wild battle pet in the game besides this one, this is the worst spawning mechanic in the game hands down
    Gonna guess you will be the first one saying to keep it this way once you get the pet. Or to "nerf it" if they do change it and you get the pet. "It should be rare!"

Well it is, and surprise, you aren't happy. Only because you do not have it. (I do and I don't even collect pets.)

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 12:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vantricular View Post
    its a virtual pet, calm down. go get a marble bengal kitten or a savannah cat IRL and you'll never turn WoW on again.
    Cats aren't that interesting, "Omg i can feed you and watch you sleep? No waiii." What an investment

Deleted
    You're doing it wrong.

The val'kyr has three spawn locations in each zone. Assuming you have multiple 70+ characters you can cover a couple of the spots. On wowhead there's maps with all spawn locations.

What I did:

I have about 6 70+ characters on two servers each (different battle groups) with which to cover spots by parking the characters there.
    I covered the same spots on both servers (all 3 Fjord ones, the southern-most one in Tundra, K3 in Stormpeaks, the northern-most one in Icecrown).
    Then, every one or two hours or so I logged in on all characters to check if there's one up.

If you got time on your hands you can then fly to check all the spots you didn't camp(that's why I camped those spots and not others, simplified my flying route).

I got three val'kyrs in not even two days that way (although I messed up on the first one, she used Haunt, 'died', I thought well, that's it, and left combat, when she might have actually gotten back up after my haunted pet was killed...). The val'kyrs I got where all on spots I 'camped', not by flying over the other ones.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-05-28 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    You know I wish I could get to Northrend so I actually could look for that pet. I've noticed that like 3 weeks ago Northrend does not load for me and everything is untextured and my cpu starts running at 90%ish so something is wrong with Northrend and I was kinda hoping the patch would fix it.
    When noone else has these problems, i reckon it is not a server thing which fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Gonna guess you will be the first one saying to keep it this way once you get the pet. Or to "nerf it" if they do change it and you get the pet. "It should be rare!"

Well it is, and surprise, you aren't happy. Only because you do not have it. (I do and I don't even collect pets.)

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 12:15 AM ----------

Cats aren't that interesting, "Omg i can feed you and watch you sleep? No waiii." What an investment
    yeah i guess you totally missed the post after i got it saying that the spawn system still sucks and they should change it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Read about this pet.
    Went to wowhead and seen there are 27 spawn points
    Took the cordinates and pasted them in to TomTom which created the spawn markers on my map.
    Also used a targeting macro which i spammed near each spawn point markers.
    3hrs and 3circuts later and boom. 1 Pet now blue and L25 .

Yeah I figure this is a good excuse to level those 70s finally. I've been sitting at a spawn point with an alt but no luck yet, and I've seen several other people at the same point.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Fought against lots of players with Unborn Valkyr pet so it can't be that rare really.