Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,897
    The blame will be put on Garrosh and all will be forgiven.

    Mark my words.

  2. #42
    All may be forgiven, and the end of Garrosh will help massively, but I am sure some trust issues may linger. The real tragedy is that lore continues to about the Horde, and the Alliance story continue to be nothing more than a plot device for the Horde.

  3. #43
    You can't really blame all the Orcs for Garrosh's stupidity, just as you can't blame the Night Elves for Illidan's and you can't blame the Humans for Arthas's. There's always one bad apple in a tree of many.

  4. #44
    thrall will save the world and the alliance will tag along for the ride again
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, and Klefki.

  5. #45
    Mass-Massecre of Garrosh's followers by orcs themselves & thrall isn't redeeming?

  6. #46
    Didn't something similar happen to the Forsaken when Whatshisface Blight bombed everyone at the Wrathgate? Forsaken are still horde soo...

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahannam View Post
    Didn't something similar happen to the Forsaken when Whatshisface Blight bombed everyone at the Wrathgate? Forsaken are still horde soo...
    Difference being that he was a Rogue Element, not the leader of the Horde.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448
    You can't forget that Garrosh doesn't treat orcs that refuse to kiss his ass any better and I don't think most will be happy about his attack on the trolls. The orcs at Razor Hill for example cheer you on and yell at the Kor'kron for attacking their own people.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  9. #49
    By their actions.

    Basically, all the Orcs need to do to regain the trust they once had with other races (Horde races, at least) is to act honourable and treat their allies and friends right. Ceasing their attacks on Night Elven territory would help too.

    But in general, once Garrosh is gone and the Kor'kron has been dismantled then the rest of the Orcs just need to not act that way themselves. No more racism, no more brutal police state, no more throwing non-Orcs out of their cities.

    Honestly its a pretty simple task. Hopefully they get a proper leader next time.

    ...though it would be somewhat amusing if all the Orcish guards are removed from Ogrimmar and get replaced by Darkspears. At least for a patch or two.

  10. #50
    The Patient Delion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere In This Oblivion.
    Posts
    299
    I'm putting down 5 bucks Thrall's son is gonna be warchief.

  11. #51
    How is Garrosh a bad warchief? Did you see all the resources he is funneling through the barrens for the horde? Seriously we're talking meat, wood, oil and stone with stable routes and from stable sources. It might've taken a few years to get it together but look at what the horde is reaping now. He is providing for his people everything that they need to survive, grow and build. But he's a bad warchief because blizzard says so. So what if he dug a hole into some "sacred" ground. He's doing the lazy pandas a favor by removing the very thing that curses their land. They should be thanking the horde for saving them in the long run instead of kicking them out.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Lot of orcs do not support Garrosh. And by this I mean Majority. Its his Kor'Kron wo supports him and they will be wiped out in the Battle I hope ! Tides of War shows situation in Orgrimmar very good. How Kor'Kron goes to every orc at nights and beats "simple" non-Garrosh supporting orcs.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

    I'm pretty sure when Burning LEgion returns on Azeroth Night Elves and Orcs will get plenty of time to develop and orcs to have their redemption too.
    Tides of war also ends with the orc's loving Garrosh and the other races beginning to dis-trust him.
    I would say that the majority of the orcs actually side with Garrosh.

    He has made them feel superior to all other horde races which is a huge confience boost (think WW2)
    Not only does he come from a famous family but he himself has won alot of victories and brought honor to the orc people.
    The kor-kron act like his SS and believe in him like a god.

    The majority of the orc's do not know he tried to kill vol'jin lore wise.

    5.3 showed thrall walking to confront garrosh which will probably be the "open your eyes moment for the common orc"

    Atm Garrosh has quite a substancial army at his disposal.

    blizzard mentioned before that the orc factions makes just over 50% of the overall horde and if garrosh has say half that number as loyal soilders. That means at least a quarter of the overall horde is fighting under his banner.

  13. #53
    How will the Orcs redeem themselves?

    5.4 raid, a Dreadlord pops out and all is explained.

  14. #54
    Well for starters they will give alliance the praise they deserve and second they will join them in the fight against the burning legion in the next expansion, other than that they always seem to blame someone or something for their actions. A great example of that is drinking the blood of mannoroth just so they can slay all the nightelfs and their babies...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    They're probably going to be almost universally mistrusted by every other race. How can they begin to regain the trust of the other horde races, how can they redeem themselves after MoP?

    And don't get me wrong, I know very well that not every single orc is evil, but recent events have put them in a very bad light, and I find it hard to believe that they're going to be able to shake this off in a hurry.

    What are they going to have to do to so that other races can place their trust in them again, will we see every one of garroshes followers put down or imprisoned, what will that mean for the orcs remaining?
    The better question is, how are the other races going to make up for the annihilation of the Orc capital city. The Orcs deserve some restitution for this outrageous assault.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    How is Garrosh a bad warchief? Did you see all the resources he is funneling through the barrens for the horde? Seriously we're talking meat, wood, oil and stone with stable routes and from stable sources. It might've taken a few years to get it together but look at what the horde is reaping now. He is providing for his people everything that they need to survive, grow and build. But he's a bad warchief because blizzard says so. So what if he dug a hole into some "sacred" ground. He's doing the lazy pandas a favor by removing the very thing that curses their land. They should be thanking the horde for saving them in the long run instead of kicking them out.
    Id say he's a bad warchief because he doesnt care about his people he only wants to rule whole azeroth, and sending a hundred soldiers to their death for his own ignorant dream is a really shitty excuse. I doubt the orcs are beeing put in the wrong spotlight right now because what he is doing is almost pure evil he's almost as harsh as the burning legion themself. In that quest where you have to stop garrosh from getting his hands on that cursed bell he just sacrificed the lifes of his soldiers like they're lifes werent worth nothing. I'd never follow a leader like that, i mean he's going ape now like someone put a dozens of steroid shoots in him and now all he cares about is becoming feared and respected...

  17. #57
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Tides of war also ends with the orc's loving Garrosh and the other races beginning to dis-trust him.
    I would say that the majority of the orcs actually side with Garrosh.

    He has made them feel superior to all other horde races which is a huge confience boost (think WW2)
    Not only does he come from a famous family but he himself has won alot of victories and brought honor to the orc people.
    The kor-kron act like his SS and believe in him like a god.

    The majority of the orc's do not know he tried to kill vol'jin lore wise.

    5.3 showed thrall walking to confront garrosh which will probably be the "open your eyes moment for the common orc"

    Atm Garrosh has quite a substancial army at his disposal.

    blizzard mentioned before that the orc factions makes just over 50% of the overall horde and if garrosh has say half that number as loyal soilders. That means at least a quarter of the overall horde is fighting under his banner.
    I saw a different picture there. I think that only Kor'kron supports him, other orcs in city are just obligated to do as he wills, like Vol'jin and Baine were or they would feel the Wrath of Warchief! And some of them did! Dont you remember? Orc guy who had his business in Orgrimmar disliking garrosh and he openly said that, after Kor'Kron came upon his shop beat him and ruined his business. Garrosh Blew up Blood Elf and Forsaken Generals in pub, who openly opposed Garrosh! It was Garroshs politics to destroy and kill everyone and Everything who opposed his regime, like Vol'jin and Baine.


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  18. #58
    Allow me to make a godwin.
    If you compare Garrosh with big H then the kor'kron would be the nazi's or SS and the orcs would be the german people.
    Not all germans where bad so not all orcs are bad.

    By now I think the regular orcs know garrosh is fucked up, but hey what are they to do about it with his elite forces all over the place? They need a hero to save the day! <que us> (and maybe some vol'jin )

  19. #59
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The blame will be put on Garrosh and all will be forgiven.

    Mark my words.
    Thrall will just come and say "everything is allright nothing to see here". And alliance will go home, and tauren and trolls will be best buddies with orkz again.
    ALL HAIL STORYTELLING SKILLS OF BLIZZARD.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Lot of orcs do not support Garrosh. And by this I mean Majority. Its his Kor'Kron wo supports him and they will be wiped out in the Battle I hope ! Tides of War shows situation in Orgrimmar very good. How Kor'Kron goes to every orc at nights and beats "simple" non-Garrosh supporting orcs.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

    I'm pretty sure when Burning LEgion returns on Azeroth Night Elves and Orcs will get plenty of time to develop and orcs to have their redemption too.
    I would argue that most enlisted orcs (that means the standing Horde army) support Garrosh. His Kor'kron are simply elite soldiers who are more tightly bound to his will. Blizzard made a point of stating that Garrosh was well-received by much of the orcish population after he left Northrend, and he has gone on to bring prosperity to his people by seizing land and supplies during his term as Warchief.

    So, many of the young, ambitious orcs see him as a hero. The older, wiser orcs see his warmongering for what it is. It's unfortunate that to end his reign we'll basically have to rout the strongest part of the Horde's army (the able-bodied grunts and the Kor'kron)... it will leave the Horde weakened, going forward. But! It will also break the orcish hold on the nation, and perhaps allow us to have a more multi-lateral government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •