Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does blizzard hate holy priests?

holy has been useless (in 10 man) for the entire expansion. /discuss

Your avatar says everything important about this thread.

I have a feeling about this thread......

Deleted
    Don't know why people still insist on making threads like these that will probably lead to a couple of pages worth of QQ.

How about instead complain about those moments when Voidshift reduce your health to 30% while not landing on the target before they die

Deleted
    Because GC plays disc as an alt and doesn't like holy.

Obvious QQ thread, but has some interesting implications.

I'd argue Holy has been middling to weak in comparison to Disc, since Wrath. There's been some notable exceptions, but in general, Holy has become the "Arms" spec to Disc's "Fury" - in general, Disc has been a bit more useful.

Why?

Holy seems to have perennial mana issues, for one. Holy's mana is just less forgiving of mistakes. This forces Holy to play less aggressively than Disc, which means less meter padding, and less ability to react to mistakes from the raid.

Chakra might be some of the problem, though that's difficult to really nail down. Chakra works fine in 25s, because you really never need to swap out of Chakra. In 10s, it doesn't really work that well with damage patterns, but that may just be operator error.

Absorbs are a big culprit right now, as well. Absorbs are just more useful and just don't end up overhealing as much as HoTs and direct healing. Disc's healing just always gets counted first, and that looks really good on meters (not to mention that healing by increasing max health, which is essentially what an absorb does, is a really powerful way to heal).

So in the end, Holy may not be all that weak...it just *looks* weak on the meters in comparison to what Disc can do. Also, Disc's absorbs are a really useful tool in progression raiding, beyond just their healing power. Even if Holy and Disc really were showing up relatively equal on meters most of the time, you'd probably see more Disc in high end progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    From my own pov I am sure the devs dont play Hpriest. There has been so much wrong with Chakras and Sanctuary and everyone I spoke to wants it gone or redesigned but since GC createf Chakra it just takes them way too long to admit it was a big mistake in its current form especially in ten mans.

only issue i had with holy is they just droped 30% extra regen talent from cata>mop hence holy feels more mana hungry
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

A Holy Priest life gripped GC's parents into a void zone.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 04:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    only issue i had with holy is they just droped 30% extra regen talent from cata>mop hence holy feels more mana hungry
    Holy always feels more mana hungry than Disc, that's how it's designed.

Frankly given the way absorbs work they should make it the other way around. Disc gets uber absorbs but holy gets better mana efficiency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

holy was good for like 3 weeks then it became idiot detection.

not so much that holy was good but disc pre-buffs was pretty much unviable without like 20k spirit or something ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundmark View Post
    How about instead complain about those moments when Voidshift reduce your health to 30% while not landing on the target before they die
    Or those damn Paladins always sniping with LoH. I seriously get like 1 out of 5 because of all the Paladins my raid has.

Because GC plays disc as an alt and doesn't like holy.
    However, his main is and always will be a Mage.

I don't feel useless in my 10 man raid.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...f_Thunder/hps/

doesnt look any close to useless, as compared to healers overall (not just compared to discs)

why holy priests arent totally op and other healers nerfed to the ground, perhaps this should be more fitting thread tittle?

Yesterday we had a normal alt run in ToT 10m and it was the first time I raided on my priest since Cata. I went disc for Horridon and Council, and holy for all the rest until Durumu. While my priest isn't all that geared (mostly LFR), its geared enough for ToT normal at least until Animus. Megaera, for example, was an absolute horrible experience to heal, not because it was hard, we got it down in the 2nd try, but more because I felt utterly useless at some points where I couldn't help with tank healing effeciently except for going Serenity, but I couldn't, because the raid needed my healing even more, it was just a mess. I ended up wasting tons of mana for flash healing the tanks when our disc ran to dispel herself, or poping ineffecient renew on them. The whole fun asspect of holy is getting killed by chakra, its a limited spec, and while it has the largest toolkit of spells, in reality it has the least spells to use due to chakra.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isnt it great Blaschma. Blizzard should have got rid of Chakra LONG ago. They are just too fucking proud to admit it was a terrible idea from start having Holy weak on half their toolkit.

@Babylon; You should have figured out it is NOT all about meters, far from it. Holy might have compareable healing on a few fights, but Disc has so much more to offer than just pure healing, wich is all we have really.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard just don't know what to do with the spec so it's just some horrible lackluster "jack of all trades, master of none" spec. Disc is very unique, the only thing close is a HPala but still the way Atonement works it's just unbeatable. Holy needs to be reworked from the ground up, it feels like it's been neglected.

Deleted
    They should up holy's mana efficiency and change Chakra.

Chakra can keep the bonus things, like CoH lower cooldown, renew refresh, diffrent holyword spells, 15% hit chance and reduced mana cost on dps-spells, but they should bake in the 25% bonus healing into the spec.

That way the priest isn't forced to choose role with chakra, but more to choose playstyle, IE i like using CoH or i like using renew more, or i like this holyword spell more.

They could also remove CD and global cooldown on chakra but it wouldnt be good, cuz every priest would just macro it into every spell.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Isnt it great Blaschma. Blizzard should have got rid of Chakra LONG ago. They are just too fucking proud to admit it was a terrible idea from start having Holy weak on half their toolkit.

@Babylon; You should have figured out it is NOT all about meters, far from it. Holy might have compareable healing on a few fights, but Disc has so much more to offer than just pure healing, wich is all we have really.
    Honestly, while my gear is less than stellar (about 496 ilvl) I felt I was hurting my group more because of my sepc than because of my gear. My friends were too kind to ask me to go disc, as the extra dps, easier mana regen and more utility/cds would have helped down bosses faster. Thankfully my good numbers considering my gear were enough to keep playing as holy.

The one thing I missed about holy is Lightwell. I even removed Lightspring glyph and forced everyone to click when we needed a raid cd, it was the good ol' Lightwell again. One thing I didn't miss is that ultra annoying, totally useless excuse of an ability called Spirit of Redemption. If its not enough that Blizzard kills my spec in 10s and kills half my toolkit overall, not fixing Sanctuary, not removing chakra, not fixing regen and not adding utility, they also don't allow me to die like a normal person. I need to cancel a buff in order to die. Freaking annoying.

Holy feels like a spec from 2004.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think Blizzard just don't know what to do with the spec so it's just some horrible lackluster "jack of all trades, master of none" spec. Disc is very unique, the only thing close is a HPala but still the way Atonement works it's just unbeatable. Holy needs to be reworked from the ground up, it feels like it's been neglected.
    Its that they don't know what to do with the spec, its the fact they don't care about it. They haven't cared about it for some time, it bascially remained unchanged for 2 expansions (minus a few minor changes/buffs here and there) while disc was changed multiple times. Blizzard's answer to people crying about holy -> go disc and be thankful you have 2 to choose from, other healing specs don't even get that.

As long as Chakra exists in the current form (or until Blizzard agrees that single target and aoe damage needs to be spread out in windows of at least 30 seconds), holy will be sub par to unworkable in tens depending on the fight and co healers for where on that spectrum the spec lands. That said, if tank damage can be covered by one healer and the demand for aoe/moving aoe is high, you can play holy.