Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I feel as though I just watched a video that tried to copy zero punctuation.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    LoL community is not as bad as people say it is imo.
    Just because one does not see it doesn't mean it's not there. Especially if it is online game communites.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There are moments when I start to believe that. Those moments always end up being disappointingly short-lived.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Any game so huge will end up leaning far more towards "BAD" playerbase rather than "OK" playerbase.

WoW started out with a pretty dang good vibe all around amongst the players. By the time tBC hit though things started going downhill. The same was inevitable for a game that's even easier to get into, free and has even more players than WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Did I at any point attempt to come off as if I wasn't a trash talker? Nope.
    So I'll lay this out in a nice format according to you:
    1) OP trash talked LoL community "How hypocritical is it to make a video trash talking a community..."
    2) You trash talked OP "Did I at any point attempt to come off as if I wasn't a trash talker? Nope."
    3) Trash talking about trash talkers is hypocritical "Talking trash about a community because it trash talks = hypocrisy"
    Then by these 3 statements you have stated, you are infact a hypocrite.

I am going to stop replying to you so you stop making yourself look like a fool.
    Ok, bye! I had fun talking we'll all miss you here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you get offended by childish remarks, chances are you're a child... if someone calls you a noob in LoL and you get worked up over it... you're no more mature than they are. Just ignore it all... that's what I do. Why would I care what someone has to say when it's just negative? I just play the game because it's fun, I'm not forced to interact with other players... if you don't want to play with ragers or people who piss you off, don't suck... I don't suck so i don't give people a reason to freak out.
    Exactly right. /10 chars

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    So I'll lay this out in a nice format according to you:
    1) OP trash talked LoL community "How hypocritical is it to make a video trash talking a community..."
    2) You trash talked OP "Did I at any point attempt to come off as if I wasn't a trash talker? Nope."
    3) Trash talking about trash talkers is hypocritical "Talking trash about a community because it trash talks = hypocrisy"
    Then by these 3 statements you have stated, you are infact a hypocrite.
    Nah dude. Pointing out that someone is being hypocritical isn't "trash talking". You're reaching too hard because your ego on the internet can't stand to lose. Dat epeen can't shrivel.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-05-23 at 06:05 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you get offended by childish remarks, chances are you're a child...
    If you say things like this, chances are you're part of that problem.

I don't have to put up with someone's immature behaviour. I want to play a game that is fun, not one that is filled with ragers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    If you say things like this, chances are you're part of that problem.

I don't have to put up with someone's immature behaviour. I want to play a game that is fun, not one that is filled with ragers
    While I think you are right, the only solution I found is to ignore someone (ingame ignore function) and not answer anything. If you answer them, they will rage even harder and nothing you can say will change their mind.

Though I strongly disagree with "don't suck" (the point the person you quoted made).
    Playing bad should have one consequence: Getting matched with other bad players.
    Chances are that player tries their best, just because some players expect the best of him to be even better does not justify insulting him.

Before someone misunderstands my interpretation of "bad": I consider myself bad. My account is level 15 and from time to time I perform quite well. Most of the time however, someone with a level 30 account plays better, because I lack experience in certain game situations or just mechanical skill.
    I would be glad if I wouldn't be matched with and against smurfs anymore that outplay me/rage at me for being not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I feel as though I just watched a video that tried to copy zero punctuation.
    Lawl, that's exactly how I felt too

From some of the comments here, it sounds like LoL's community is to MMO communities as /b/ is to forum sites.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should all get a best friend who's also the biggest and most annoying asshole to ever exist.
    That way all the amateur-trolls and wannabe-nasties will feel like nothing! Their insults are weak and their "nasty" remarks lack wit.

Works for me, at least! But it's the result of constant training ever since we met when we were 12 years old or something :P

I swear to god the only person that can annoy me anymore is probably him. But I still love the damn bastard.

Though I do agree that the amount of wannabe-trolls is quite high in the LoL-community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    You should all get a best friend who's also the biggest and most annoying asshole to ever exist.
    That way all the amateur-trolls and wannabe-nasties will feel like nothing! Their insults are weak and their "nasty" remarks lack wit.

Works for me, at least! But it's the result of constant training ever since we met when we were 12 years old or something :P

I swear to god the only person that can annoy me anymore is probably him. But I still love the damn bastard.

Though I do agree that the amount of wannabe-trolls is quite high in the LoL-community.
    To be honest, the remarks don't get to me as much anymore as they used to. Sometimes I even start laughing (like, real laughing not typing lol in chat).

Some still strike me as plain rude, though. I don't know what your friend is saying, but you still know he likes you, right?
    If a stranger just tells someone they should "die of aids" because of a game... it doesn't hurt me, but I still don't want to hear/read it.

Anyways, my point still stands: I can't change them, but I can ignore them.
    Sadly that's just fighting the symptoms.

Deleted
    I'm going with this.

I rarely experience, if any at all, bad moments where people go from okay to stupid trolls and retarded people who seem to be 5 years old.

Maybe it's because of the maps I play and I don't go on the forums but I really rarely experience any bad moments when I play with the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just because one does not see it doesn't mean it's not there. Especially if it is online game communites.
    That's true, I probably don't experience much hate or anything like that because I avoid troubles and the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Any game so huge will end up leaning far more towards "BAD" playerbase rather than "OK" playerbase.

WoW started out with a pretty dang good vibe all around amongst the players. By the time tBC hit though things started going downhill. The same was inevitable for a game that's even easier to get into, free and has even more players than WoW.
    True. As a game gets bigger the trash community grows bigger and bigger. It's impossible to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    While I think you are right, the only solution I found is to ignore someone (ingame ignore function) and not answer anything.
    Unfortunately, people can't avoid that. They feel like responding so they can get the last word. Doesn't make much sense but oh well.

There was this game on the PBE I did two days ago and this dude was literally flaming everyone who killed him and his team on all chat. He picked on me first, I ignored, but he kept on going for everyone. I shouldn't have fed him but I trolled him back because his grammar was just really shitty. Basically, the dude tried to troll and flame everyone and got trolled back by everyone else. The game was fun though, for everyone except that one player I guess.

I know that I should have ignored but it was really hilarious and I just couldn't, also, it was the PBE so I didn't care much. If it was on live servers I wouldn't respond to him at all. I didn't flame or anything, I just trolled him back so he would stop.

Oh well! It was kind of harmless compared to what he was doing...

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    To be honest, the remarks don't get to me as much anymore as they used to. Sometimes I even start laughing (like, real laughing not typing lol in chat).
    It really is funny though. Because they put much effort into it, to insult you, instead of putting effort into the game. Then they blame everyone else but themselves for losing and I just laugh so much because the irony is too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Ok, bye! I had fun talking we'll all miss you here!
    No no, you really are making yourself look bad. Calling someone out on hypocrisy is hardly trash talking, just like any other criticism. Are you one of those people who cry "FLAMER!!!!!" whenever someone criticises anyone, no matter how calmly? Because you sure seem so.

Every single PvP game out there has a bad community. It's just in it's nature. People get really aggressive in these kinda games.

The difference is how YOU deal with it. You can try ignoring them, you can try to come to reason with them. But the worst thing to do is join them. That's what they try to do. Don't let them bring you to their level.

If it's too much, just hold on and report them after the game. There's really no easy way to deal with these people. If you can't handle them, then either ignore them or stop playing the game, or it's just gonna cause you too much stress.

Deleted
    Yes, it sucks.
    I don't see a reason to discuss something like whether or not the community is bad.
    It is bad, and there's nothing you can do to change it.

Deleted
    The community is a lot better today than it was prior to Tribunal so you are definitely incorrect on this one. If more people reported the asshats and took part in tribunal then the game would be a lot better.
    The Tribunal can't change the entirety of a bad community to a good community, so Monado(Zelgius) is correct though I agree with you that the Tribunal helps and has been contributing well at changing people's behaviour when they play.
    Ignoring someone is fine, as long as you report them at the end of the match. This is the issue. A lot of people just toss people on ignore and pretend they don't exist. They don't report them. This is massively counterproductive and it only shifts the issue off your shoulders onto other peoples. How are these assholes going to learn that they need to grow up if people don't report them so they can be punished? Report people who act like asshats in game and take part in the tribunal as often as possible. This is the only way to make the community better.
    Some people just don't care, like me, and don't report.

I only report if the person is being overly offensive or just doesn't stop after a while and if there's an afk that obviously left the game, other than that, I don't really report people.

And the Tribunal is boring for me. I tried, and nope. I already mod here and go read "mod" to another place isn't really my thing, it would be just tedious, unless there were rewards that came out of it, significant rewards of course.

Deleted
    I started playing this game around January this year I think. I am sorry to say this, but the part of the LoL community that is presented to you at the low levels is as bad as it can get. I really enjoy LoL. I like playing the game, I enjoy their Esport scene and I ejoy every now and then to watch a pro LoL player stream. I do however not play the game as often as I'd like.
    What I mean with not playing the game as much as I like isnt because I don't have the time for it, but because every game of Summoner's Rift is extremely toxic. People shit talk each other, they can't look at their own mistakes (but instead decides to blame it on someone else "wtf no gank pls report") and they certainly can't keep a positive attitude. There's a reason that 70-80% of the time I log into LoL I decide to play a casual game of ARAM instead of the toxic and stressful low level abomination called Summoner's Rift.

Yes, the general level of toxicity improved (as in it got better) once I started to hit around level 20 (my account is level 28 now and there's a remarkable difference), but before that I rarely played because I simply couldn't stand getting flamed all day.

I really feel like the toxicity of the low levels would improve if the game got less accessible and it wasn't possible for previously banned players to make new accounts. I mean like the amount of low level players who have had sex with my mother is pretty incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i must admit.. I hate when i fall on a complete non-English speaking team. Since the game is in english and the server is 'North America' i don't know why but.. Yeah racist or not when i play i want to understand my teammates.

They should and maybe they already have their own server but still.. I hate it !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood