Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Ironically, it was the High/Blood Elves who built their kingdom on Troll soil as of recent memory, and lore wise the Amani had only a bone to pick with the Alliance because they helped the High Elves. So essentially, it's pretty much the Horde's problem at this point if we are supposed to take the Forsaken being rightful heirs to the northern Human kingdoms seriously as well as the Blood Elves being a member of the faction.
    Them too but IIRC the elves taught the humans magic and with that knowledge the humans conquered large parts of the troll kingdoms and build their own realms there.
    The elves were not better but the question was that the humans ever did wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    is that supposed to mean something? Draenei look more civilized and advanced than Humans-Elves-Dwarves combined...
    They are unclean abominations and mistakes of nature (or arcane whatever is they origin), regardless of how low you fall you will always be better than draenei male. Unless you are a night elf. Or gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    that's kind of OP's point....in a middle of a Horde CIVIL WAR it talks about shower and toothpaste...-.-'
    Well, it's one of the first times the average alliance fighter stands face-to-face with a troll in a non-battle setting (Most people are too busy to bother with hygiene issues mid-battle, oddly enough), so then it might be more obvious that Vol'jin has a bit of a "Frontal cone" going on, or it's Blizz trying to keep the atmosphere from getting too chummy (The whole situation being rather "Enemy of my enemy" rather than "BFF"), too bad there isn't an "Offer Vol'jin a breath mint"-option, or would that anger either side? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I wouldnt say that this indicate alliance being clean pansies. It indicate vol'jin and his glorious rebels being so occupied with glorious liberation of the horde, they cant take shower and clean up they asses. Toothpaste wouldnt hurt either.
    It's hard to brush giant tusks with a freakin' Oral-B, dude. You just can't cover that kinda territory with that dinky li'l scrubber.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They are unclean abominations and mistakes of nature (or arcane whatever is they origin), regardless of how low you fall you will always be better than draenei male. Unless you are a night elf. Or gnome.
    or , of course , Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats open, that children fish in
    Indeed, all of you are savages! We night elves just make our needs off the side of a giant tree. By the time it reaches the sea it reaches a terminal velocity, killing any invaders down there. Imagine that, we can kill our enemies with the poo falling from the top and we don't need to tolerate the smell. Now that's efficiency!

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And why the bloody hell does every Horde lovin' Alliance hatin' poster completely ignore the entire Onyxia plotline regarding the Stonemasons Guild, Tiffin (and her influencing her husband) being the BIGGEST supporter of paying them the initially agreed payment, and the House of Nobles being manipulated by a puppetmaster dragon? Is that all completely irrelevant because it doesn't support your version of the "big bad humans?"
    I have to admit people have a point here with the Stonemasons Guild. Not because of Onyxia or whatever, but because, look now, Varian is leading, he holds the power... yet the people in Westfall are even more poor then before, some ate dirt pies even. The people in Redridge still had huge problems that they had to work out themselves using some vigilante Rambo etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Them too but IIRC the elves taught the humans magic and with that knowledge the humans conquered large parts of the troll kingdoms and build their own realms there.
    The elves were not better but the question was that the humans ever did wrong.
    The Gurubashi tribes were only able to expand to the point that they did because their priests were empowered by Hakkar. After their own civil war and subsequent smackdown by the green dragonflight weakened their position as a world power, it's difficult to blame the younger races for driving them out in retaliation.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, I've done the start of the rebellion on both sides, and something I've noticed between the two.

On the horde side (apart from being more epic an intro), theres just the characters there on razor hill and the interaction between, nothing out of the ordinarily.

Yet on the alliance side, if you go there and talk to vol'jin, alliance text keeps commenting on how bad it smells there, how vol'jin's breath smells, and it even uses flies animation around the camp, indicating how its meant to smell bad.

I mean.. really? There has to be this implied prissiness for the alliance, just because there in a situation there not use it? And they have to complain about, even be given visual aid for it?

Its like an american going to a third world country, and all he complains about is the flies on his skin.
    You've got a pretty good life yourself if all you have to complain about is stuff like this in a game :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Yeah, bathing is prissy. That's what separates douchebags from us misunderstood, housebound gamers.

I think they're trying to show the alliance as a 'we're better than you, look what you've become' because of your leader. They want to show that the alliance are needed, and they are maybe questioning why they are there. I don't think focusing on the smell is exactly the point of the message they were trying to send us. That's just me, but of all the times to complain about smell in this game, this is a first.

Maybe they think it's needed for umm, atmosphere? Yeah, the Horde don't need to be told again that the Darkspear have poor hygiene because it's a running gag as it is. Alliance kind of have to be beat over the head with it because it's not something we see in flavor text every single day we log in.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Indeed, all of you are savages! We night elves just make our needs off the side of a giant tree. By the time it reaches the sea it reaches a terminal velocity, killing any invaders down there. Imagine that, we can kill our enemies with the poo falling from the top and we don't need to tolerate the smell. Now that's efficiency!
    Except it wouldn't. Even if you shat solid metal, most everyone wears a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I have to admit people have a point here with the Stonemasons Guild. Not because of Onyxia or whatever, but because, look now, Varian is leading, he holds the power... yet the people in Westfall are even more poor then before, some ate dirt pies even. The people in Redridge still had huge problems that they had to work out themselves using some vigilante Rambo etc.
    Keeshan and the rest of Bravo Company are members of the Stormwind military, under direct command of (then) Colonel Troteman. I don't care how much of a Rambo reference it is, the questline in Redridge clearly shows Stormwind sending people to help out, and help out they did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Keeshan and the rest of Bravo Company are members of the Stormwind military, under direct command of (then) Colonel Troteman. I don't care how much of a Rambo reference it is, the questline in Redridge clearly shows Stormwind sending people to help out, and help out they did.
    Seriously? Sending a single dude to clear the region?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe the alliance should just let you all find your own resources and you can do your own little mini rebellion
    On my (pvp) server, the alliance that are trying to complete the weeklies are nothing but honor fodder. I can't blame them for thinking that this expansion is more than a bit one-sided, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Alliance were truly helping the Horde, the Kor'kron Commanders wouldn't be faction tagged.