Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ww should have 2min cd for burst cd(pvp)

I think ww should have a 2min cd on something that would give us like 10 teb stack. Xuen isnt really a great offensive CD to use.. we need actual burst on command.

Deleted
    "we need actual burst on command"

If only you had some kind of brew or something that did that, that would be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post

If only you had some kind of brew or something that did that, that would be really cool!
    If only you would realize that you need to build Tigereye brew and not just press it to burst to be on level with other classes.

I dont know what your arena exp is, or if you even play a ww monk, but ACTUAL burst on command is needed for any DD spec. If you cant understand that then you are either a troll, not playing a monk, or just a complete pve hero who has no insight in rated PvP..

I didnt know you could open with 10 stacks of brew thats awsome!

Nah, homogenisation is bad, mmmmkay.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Great you want another class to be homogenized because of pvp. Was not DK enough?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Nah, homogenisation is bad, mmmmkay.
    stfu already, alread found u on armory.

arena exp: 0.

plays ww? nope.

gtfo

If a user hasn't posted their armory, don't dig it up and flame them about it. - Malthanis

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Great you want another class to be homogenized because of pvp. Was not DK enough?
    Cant have monks having an actual burst on command cd like any other dd spec in the game.. <.<
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-05-23 at 12:48 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I play WW in PvP, and we would just use TEB and it at the same exact time, and do too much damage. This patch, causing fights to go longer and let us build TeB, looks much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    If only you would realize that you need to build Tigereye brew and not just press it to burst to be on level with other classes.

I dont know what your arena exp is, or if you even play a ww monk, but ACTUAL burst on command is needed for any DD spec. If you cant understand that then you are either a troll, not playing a monk, or just a complete pve hero who has no insight in rated PvP..
    Assuming even an abysmal 50% uptime on a target you can build 10 stacks in a minute and you're allowed to store 20 charges, perhaps you know.. try saving some charges and displaying actual ability to manage a resource as opposed to complaining for a cooldown which would be absurdly overpowered and require pretty much 0 thought.

Assuming even an abysmal 50% uptime on a target you can build 10 stacks in a minute and you're allowed to store 20 charges, perhaps you know.. try saving some charges and displaying actual ability to manage a resource as opposed to complaining for a cooldown which would be absurdly overpowered and require pretty much 0 thought.
    But Reglitch, doing 40% more damage for 15 seconds once a minute isn't good enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh /pout

goddamn pve heroes.. why dont u try to get play some arena before even commenting on it? and playing arena i mean above 2k rating, something u probably never will get. (not that 2k is anything special)

imo they should buff all bosses in pve with 5000% increased dmg done and health gained etc. pve is so easy all u do is stand still.
    (this is how stupid u are in my eyes when commenting on something u have no freaking clue about)

Deleted
    goddamn pve heroes.. why dont u try to get play some arena before even commenting on it? and playing arena i mean above 2k rating, something u probably never will get. (not that 2k is anything special)

imo they should buff all bosses in pve with 5000% increased dmg done and health gained etc. pve is so easy all u do is stand still.
    (this is how stupid u are in my eyes when commenting on something u have no freaking clue about)
    You don't need to be a chef to know food tastes like shit, and you don't need to be pvp to know that a potential 45 seconds straight of mastery is a dumb idea, or to realize you're frustrated because of a recent battleground or arena. Chill out and count to 10, and maybe get an ice pack

You don't need to be a chef to know food tastes like shit, and you don't need to be pvp to know that a potential 45 seconds straight of mastery is a dumb idea, or to realize you're frustrated because of a recent battleground or arena. Chill out and count to 10, and maybe get an ice pack
    You are right, you don't need to be a chef to know food tastes like shit, but you still need to taste it. You have 0 arena experience so please don't talk about something you have no clue about. From your vantage point, all you can do is look at the numbers and analyze them without any context what so ever. Will you allow me to presume you are intelligent enough to understand what it means to remove context from something :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fichek View Post
    You are right, you don't need to be a chef to know food tastes like shit, but you still need to taste it. You have 0 arena experience so please don't talk about something you have no clue about. From your vantage point, all you can do is look at the numbers and analyze them without any context what so ever. Will you allow me to presume you are intelligent enough to understand what it means to remove context from something :/
    OK, so would it help if an experienced Monk pvp'er says 'Reglitch is right' to make his point valid?

Reglitch is right.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this on my monk, and it would have definite uses for PvE as well. Doesn't mean it's not a bad idea. The only thing monks don't have cd-wise compared to other classes is an ability that allows them to burst someone down right from the gates. That's why you have to play differently as a monk: Survive their initial burst while preferably applying some pressure, then blow *them* up. TEB has some advantages over the standard 2-5 min cd's as well: It's up far more often.

Just not in your initial opening.

Wow, this thread is getting personal. I'm no mod or anything, but let's all try to be civil, yeah?

The issue with the proposed change (a 2 min CD that gives us an automatic 10 stacks of TEB) is twofold:

1. Homogenisation. I mean, just look at how much people complain about it already. It's something to keep in mind.

2. It could potentially make the class OP, as they are currently designed around building up those stacks and doing a consistent, steady stream of damage.

That said, a CD that gives insta-10 stacks of TEB is something that has been thrown about a lot. Could be fun, and it would be useful for PvE too: there's plenty of boss fights where the best time to use Heroism/Bloodlust is at the pull, yet WW Monks can't take full advantage of that. I honestly can't comment on the PvP side of things however.

stfu already, alread found u on armory.

arena exp: 0.

plays ww? nope.

gtfo

If a user hasn't posted their armory, don't dig it up and flame them about it. - Malthanis

Cant have monks having an actual burst on command cd like any other dd spec in the game.. <.<
    My toon isn't called Willtron - nice try though.

But back on point TeB stacking with an on demand burst is stupid, if you're having problems, it's probably an L2P issue.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Wow, this thread is getting personal. I'm no mod or anything, but let's all try to be civil, yeah?
    Just going to put some mod-power in to backing this statement. We can talk about the spec and what it might or might not need without insulting others.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    But Reglitch, doing 40% more damage for 15 seconds once a minute isn't good enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh /pout
    To restate this in a less snotty way, adding a damage cooldown straight up to Windwalker would make it blatantly overpowered without a nerf elsewhere, most likely to TEB, which is arguably the most interesting part of the spec. It's not like WW isn't viable without an on demand burst, there's incredible survivability now in the spec, the only reason that doesn't seem like a great upside is that most other melee ends up dominating PvP because of incredible survivability, burst, mobility, and control. PvP needs to tone down melee power and instant casts to counter melee, not buff all the melee into ridiculous powerhouses just because some of them are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    OK, so would it help if an experienced Monk pvp'er says 'Reglitch is right' to make his point valid?

Reglitch is right.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have this on my monk, and it would have definite uses for PvE as well. Doesn't mean it's not a bad idea. The only thing monks don't have cd-wise compared to other classes is an ability that allows them to burst someone down right from the gates. That's why you have to play differently as a monk: Survive their initial burst while preferably applying some pressure, then blow *them* up. TEB has some advantages over the standard 2-5 min cd's as well: It's up far more often.

Just not in your initial opening.
    Let's get something clear, i'm not proposing a 2min or 3min cooldown, but something along the lines of 5min or more. Or even entering arena with 10 stacks on you to prevent the cd being stacked upon the previous usage of TeB, to keep it relatively balanced. Lots of arenas are resolved quite early either as an instant win or as a high pressure situation which later results in a win. A team with WW will never be able to win a game that way because the early game WW pressure is non existent and that's one of the biggest drawbacks of using WW in your comp. Why would you pick an unreliable spec which may or may not dish out lots of damage sometime later in a match, and also lacking some basic utilities other melee have, when you can have a melee with utility and on demand burst from the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    To restate this in a less snotty way, adding a damage cooldown straight up to Windwalker would make it blatantly overpowered without a nerf elsewhere, most likely to TEB, which is arguably the most interesting part of the spec. It's not like WW isn't viable without an on demand burst, there's incredible survivability now in the spec, the only reason that doesn't seem like a great upside is that most other melee ends up dominating PvP because of incredible survivability, burst, mobility, and control. PvP needs to tone down melee power and instant casts to counter melee, not buff all the melee into ridiculous powerhouses just because some of them are currently.
    I've played this game since release and that is the first time I have heard melee referred to as OP.