Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477

    I Think We Called This One...

    Everyone kept calling me an idiot and telling me how ridiculous my claims were when I was pointing out the problems with PvP.

    I hopped back on to try it out and here were my earlier concerns:

    - A lot of those healers were just going to be pure DPS queuing as a healer.
    - PvP gear would essentially be useless.

    Try doing BGs/Duels as a full PvP geared class then try doing it in full PvE gear. The difference is remarkable. PvP power has been obliterated to a disgusting 30% and that's no way to make up for all the lost SP/AP/Str/Crit/Etc.

    If you think i'm bluffing, try out some BGs in your full PvP gear then switch to PvE gear and try some out.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Unoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Such User Name Wow!
    Posts
    604
    i did pvp in pve gear, as an ele shaman and did terrible you're wrong.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Everyone kept calling me an idiot and telling me how ridiculous my claims were when I was pointing out the problems with PvP.

    I hopped back on to try it out and here were my earlier concerns:

    - A lot of those healers were just going to be pure DPS queuing as a healer.
    - PvP gear would essentially be useless.

    Try doing BGs/Duels as a full PvP geared class then try doing it in full PvE gear. The difference is remarkable. PvP power has been obliterated to a disgusting 30% and that's no way to make up for all the lost SP/AP/Str/Crit/Etc.

    If you think i'm bluffing, try out some BGs in your full PvP gear then switch to PvE gear and try some out.

    Solid troll attempt, but you'd need a lot more SP/AP/Str/Crit/Etc. to make up for 30+% damage against a player that PvP Power provides. Please don't throw out data-less claims.

  4. #4
    in bgs, arena, rbgs

    tyrannical > pve gear > honor gear, this is not debatable.

    the two exceptions are trinkets, and specific set bonuses for certain specs
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  5. #5
    tried both on same char today and its not true... I do feel the advantage of the extra PVP power...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post

    - A lot of those healers were just going to be pure DPS queuing as a healer.
    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/337255932612444161

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    in bgs, arena, rbgs

    tyrannical > pve gear > honor gear, this is not debatable.

    the two exceptions are trinkets, and specific set bonuses for certain specs
    Ya, im ret with the 4set pve and rest tyran, and the set bonus makes me do a ton more damage

  8. #8
    wtf....did they actually test anything before releasing this patch?

  9. #9
    Well wow had to end sometime.


    On topic. Dueled alot with my ret today. Equal gear, not pvp vs. pve gear shit. And the same classes that beat me before still do now. Also funny how I'm so squishy that my heals barely keep up with the damage a warriors does to me even without his swifty macro.

    Oh well, been postponing rerolling warrior for pvp for a long time now but it seems now it's that time.
    Last edited by Day Dreamer; 2013-05-22 at 09:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Well wow had to end sometime.


    On topic. Dueled alot with my ret today. Equal gear, not pvp vs. pve gear shit. And the same classes that beat me before still do now. Also funny how I'm so squishy that my heals barely keep up with the damage a warriors does to me even without his swifty macro.

    Oh well, been postponing rerolling warrior for pvp for a long time now but it seems now it's that time.
    #1. Swifty macro is a dumb term.
    #2. I've been doing REALLY well in BG's and duels on my paladin, healing ourselves actually matters now.
    #3. Warriors aren't exactly in the best spot ever, grass isn't always greener.
    #4. Grab WoG Glyph and TV glyph and heal yourself. I haven't felt squishy at all.

    OT: No. Flat out wrong. Gear scales to 496, making the extra item level budget useless. A heroic geared PvE player is doing 36-38%(Ret 2 set) less damage than I am. Perhaps the T15 4 sets are worth it, but thats not PvE gear in all slots. Stil should be looked at though.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Everyone kept calling me an idiot and telling me how ridiculous my claims were when I was pointing out the problems with PvP.

    I hopped back on to try it out and here were my earlier concerns:

    - A lot of those healers were just going to be pure DPS queuing as a healer.
    - PvP gear would essentially be useless.

    Try doing BGs/Duels as a full PvP geared class then try doing it in full PvE gear. The difference is remarkable. PvP power has been obliterated to a disgusting 30% and that's no way to make up for all the lost SP/AP/Str/Crit/Etc.

    If you think i'm bluffing, try out some BGs in your full PvP gear then switch to PvE gear and try some out.

    Yeah all that lacking of PvP power will make you a champ in the BG's PvE gear is still PvE gear and you will lose most of the time in it, only difference now vs what how it was on Monday night is, now you wont be at the graveyard in less than 1 GCD it might take the PvP geared person a couple globals now. oh the horrors as they say.

  12. #12
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    wtf....did they actually test anything before releasing this patch?
    Good luck testing something for every bug in existence when 8.3 million people will be using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Yeah all that lacking of PvP power will make you a champ in the BG's PvE gear is still PvE gear and you will lose most of the time in it, only difference now vs what how it was on Monday night is, now you wont be at the graveyard in less than 1 GCD it might take the PvP geared person a couple globals now. oh the horrors as they say.
    I'm doing quite well actually..

    I lose so much Spell Power and other important stats to PvP gear. I do a TON more damage in my PvE gear than the pathetic 30% PvP power I get.

    I'm glad Shield Slam and Insta 100% Druid Feral heals got a nerf but this is insane..

  14. #14
    Blademaster Xuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    wtf....did they actually test anything before releasing this patch?
    Blizz have stated a few times now that

    1) once a patch hits the masses new bugs pop up that were missed before due to traffic

    2) Not alot of PvPers actually go on the test realms which is why alot of things slip through.
    "You have six different smiles. One for when you're angry. One for when you tear flesh. One for when you chew flesh. One for when you loot bodies. One for when you skin game. And one for when you want to kill something."

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'm doing quite well actually..

    I lose so much Spell Power and other important stats to PvP gear. I do a TON more damage in my PvE gear than the pathetic 30% PvP power I get.

    I'm glad Shield Slam and Insta 100% Druid Feral heals got a nerf but this is insane..
    lol feral heals are virtually the same.

  16. #16
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,166
    My hunter feels doing alot more crap DMG. But well my PVE gear sucks even more so i will stick with my full tyranical..
    Stuff

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ya, im ret with the 4set pve and rest tyran, and the set bonus makes me do a ton more damage
    "A ton more damage" sounds strange when my Frost Fire Bolt hits for 17k.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    "A ton more damage" sounds strange when my Frost Fire Bolt hits for 17k.
    You should probably work on your frost fire bolt, maybe take it to the gym or something, I been getting hit with 80k+ ones tonight.

  19. #19
    I love how people still don't realize that all the 522 ilvl gear has the same stats as their 496 in pvp now, which essentially has the same stats as the Tyrannical 496 gear which has pvp power, giving you an extra 30% damage on top of the stats you already have in your fancy raid gear.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsdaypoptart9 View Post
    I love how people still don't realize that all the 522 ilvl gear has the same stats as their 496 in pvp now, which essentially has the same stats as the Tyrannical 496 gear which has pvp power, giving you an extra 30% damage on top of the stats you already have in your fancy raid gear.
    this

    Do you people even think or look at your stats while wearing said gear?? pve and pvp gear of the same ilvl has had the exact same stats since MOP
    meaning your pvp gear has exactly as much secondaries agi/str/int as your 522 gear lol ==> pvp gear >>>>> pve gear for damage in pvp

    You're like the persons that kicked me out of LFR on my alt once cause I had 3 pvp pieces equipped and raged at me when I tried to explain them they were actually the equivalent or even better then pve pieces of the same ilvl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •