Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I personally love the new BG. Been playing it pretty much from when i log in to when i log out. The style is very fun i love domination type maps and to mix in a little of ctf in the process is an interesting twist in stead of the normal EOTS type domination with 1 flag. I also like how your cart doesn't have to be at your base to cap the opposing factions cart. They may be able to add that in to make it sway a little more in the direction of ctf with bases being an added bonus but overall i think its quite fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played my first game last night, I liked it. I think the map might be just a tad too big, but no complaints otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so bad once you get the basics of how it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Eanes View Post
    Today, on the Alliance, I actually got 1600 - 0 in a pug group .. One in a million chance right?
    maybe you were in our OQ premade

I like the map and game. Just have 2 very minor issues.

1. The wooden barricades between the northern and central mines do not block line of sight - ranged can shoot right through them, which I think is dumb.

2. I have the same problem with this BG that I get in Temple of Kotmogu. One minute Im surrounded by my own teammates, 10 seconds later Im getting gang banged by 5 horde and my own team is nowhere to be seen. Its probably my own lack of awareness, but it only happens to me on this and the Kotmogu map for some reason.

Seems like a really good time. Scale is absolutely spot on, some great opportunities to use my built in cape glider (always the mark of an excellent bg ). I'll agree that your team needs to play smart to win it. My first trip there was a flawless victory, second we won by something like 1600-400, third was a loss.

Deleted
    Having absolutely horrible time there, 8 losses - 1 win so far.

I think the success or failure rates may have a lot to do with all the new pvpers now that resil has been baselined (and the faction with more players would just see this effect increased). I've been queuing this over and over and absolutely wrecking 3-4 people at once while they try to drag a cart across the map. So glad my magey is loving the stat changes. Running viable amounts of haste with 51% mastery and 18% crit is GG. Cleaving groups down with glyphed lance like wut.

3 games so far in this bg 1 win 2 losses ( both losses alliance 5 and 6 healers horde 1 healer ...) ye so the system hopefully will work in 5.4 so we can get balance , other than that i find it as a nice bg overall

Deleted
    I dislike it for the same reasons I dislike EotS. Complex doesn't mean good. So much stuff going on mean every pug you enter will go for the wrong objectives and not manage a balance between them.

It's also so huge that you spend half the time it seems riding around doing nothing.

I didn't really like it, maybe cuz I have gotten crap groups so far. Got the perfection achievement the first run tho, didn't even know what I was doing lol.

Deleted
    I dislike it for the same reasons I dislike EotS. Complex doesn't mean good. So much stuff going on mean every pug you enter will go for the wrong objectives and not manage a balance between them.
    So... if a random retarded pug fails, the bg sucks? If anything in this game is wrong its that anyone can queue into a random bg without an IQ test

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only done it 4 times so far and won the 4 times. The one thing I find kind of weird is that the map seems a lot bigger to me then it actually is, though that could just be because of all the cliffs in the map. I'm still not 100% done exploring the entire map. Which is what I have been trying to do in between killing carts and and backing up bases. I'm liking all different possible routes that can be taken while running a cart, also find it funny on all the lighting effects the cart runner gets (big shiny beacon light AND the flag light stream) and it's also auto marked on your map the moment the cart gets clicked unlike the CTF maps, that's not a complaint I just found it funny. Overall I'am enjoying the new map after all, it's always nice to have some variety.

Personally i don't enjoy that the enemy cart spawn is pretty at their Graveyard, you have to hide and wait until a Rez wave is done and you can "safely" pick up the cart.

If you take up the cart at the wrong time, you will pretty quickly land at your own graveyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i don't enjoy that the enemy cart spawn is pretty at their Graveyard, you have to hide and wait until a Rez wave is done and you can "safely" pick up the cart.

If you take up the cart at the wrong time, you will pretty quickly land at your own graveyard.
    Yeah that's diffidently something I have noticed trying to run the cart myself. It's going to make the Capping Spree achievement a little bit hard. Though once you get past the first half of the run back with the cart you seem to be more or less home free, especially if you still have some defensive cooldowns left when you get the the 2nd half. It's just getting past that first half is a pain, but rightly so it's a literal point steal mechanic. If it's too easy then it would end up being kinda like AV I would imagine. "Zerg cart when the total score of both teams point are equal to or greater then the amount needed to win!" That's how I would see it end up if stealing the cart was any easier.

It's alright. Was just hoping for something that didn't involve flags or bases. I can only cap soooo many

I like it a lot personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Seems like a really good time. Scale is absolutely spot on, some great opportunities to use my built in cape glider (always the mark of an excellent bg ). I'll agree that your team needs to play smart to win it. My first trip there was a flawless victory, second we won by something like 1600-400, third was a loss.
    I've used my glider once from a cliff at south all the way to mid. Was really awesome. I then proceeded to spam my diseases everywhere. I've literally done twice the damage of the second highest damage done in the BG simply because the alliance sat up a picnic in the middle of the battleground, and I just kept spamming my blood boil - spreading my diseases around.

Deleted
    I've done like 5 games of the BG so far, and I think it is far too big for a 15man. The objectives seem very vague, and there is really no clear indication (in my opinion) on where the gold wagon spawns, when it spawns, and what to do with it.
    I also think that there is a clear need of some sort of line of sight objective at all 3 bases. The areas around the flag points feel far too open, and the geometry of the map just seems like a copy of Isle of Conquest.
    All my games so far have what I'd describe as really boring. The two outer mines usually get capped by whatever faction have the most players at the specific area, and the middle mine just seems like an endless fight with no one dying for 5 minutes straight (because of the amount of healers, resilience on players and self healing from hybrid classes). Whatever happens after that point is just a random zerg fest until the game ends.

I haven't tried any other BGs after the patch, but this one seems like one of the worst ones out of all of them. Could be that the patch changed the game play so much that every BG has become as boring as I described Deepwind Gorge to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post

It's also so huge that you spend half the time it seems riding around doing nothing.
    eots is complex?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    eots is complex?
    Anything beyond a simple objective is complex if you're throwing it at a completely random group of people. Almost all the BGs have one objective. Control as many bases as possible, capture a flag, attack the fortress. Even AV and IoC have been reduced to attack fort, kill boss or cap towers, kill boss.

Not saying more complex BGs wouldn't be appropriate for rated. But playing in any of the ones which require balancing multiple objectives isn't fun in any shape or form when it repeatedly gets done wrong by random groups.

EDIT: This is also the reason FPSs are so popular for people who just want quick fun. Single objectives without much tactical thought. And quick fun is the route Blizzard claims to be trying to go down.