Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    played it once and won. i think too many points for carts or not enough for holding nodes.

Agreed that the carts are too important.

Though, I understand that Blizzard probably likes having a map where a hail-mary can turn it around so that people don't just give up and start the "just let them win" whines.

Deleted
    Really solid BG. Very open, big and very well modelled. I like bgs where you have lots of terrain to fool around and help you kite/LoS. Plus, it's probably mighty funy if you get on with a few friends and focus on stealing the other team's cart (gonna try it this weekend with some guildies).

I've only done one but capturing mines seemed almost pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Stupidly big. No idea how its a 15 Man BG at its size. So don't like it. Trying to capture the cart takes ages to run from one end to the other.
    That's good, I thought all the new BGs in Cataclysm (including TB) were way too small. Meant that even DPS could blow CDs and survive until they were reinforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Just had a pretty good match. Team knew what to do and we managed to steal a bunch of carts. Still a lot of fun and the "complexity" that was mentioned before also springs the opportunity for some strategic play. For decent opponents you can always hit the south mine (for example) and divert them into it and then take that chance to cap the cart and go through the north road.

Also, as others mentioned, the ability to actually steal your team's resources allows you to save games if people just stop with the "let them win" BS and try to get back in the game.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    It's also so huge that you spend half the time it seems riding around doing nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i don't enjoy that the enemy cart spawn is pretty at their Graveyard, you have to hide and wait until a Rez wave is done and you can "safely" pick up the cart.
    These are my 2 major gripes with the BG.
    The other issue I heard was that the number of players should be 20v20. Not sure how that'd go.

I really like the BG though. I've lost more then I've won... that can happen. I'm looking forward to it settling down. I think in about a year, when people know what's going on, it should be good fun!

I don't understand the whole "It's to big, needs more players" idea. Its fine how it is. Matches are going to be close I'd say about 75% of my wins are 1600 / 1400. The other 25% are blow outs. Current record 29 - 13.

Stealing the other teams cart. When you first grab the cart from their base they lose 200 gold, if you manage to get that cart to your base you gain 200 gold. If you drop the cart and the other team returns it they get the 200 back. See how you can use this towards the end to edge out the other team?

The mines are just like everything else. You cap a mine you get 20 gold and then you continue to get gold based on how long you control the mine.

In my opinion the cart stealing is the best thing. If you have a good healer and a tank or good dps that can withstand some damage you can force the other team to hard switch to them giving you time to go cap another base.

Last match i was in we won while holding the alliance cart they had 1530 points. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great BG, almost as good as Arathi Basin. Love the Steal mechanic, creates really intense situations at the end of close games.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Only played it once and the bg experience was soured by the fact the other team had 5 healers and our team had just 1. That said, its a really nice looking bg. Very straight forward gameplay and being able to steal the enemy teams resources is a very cool mechanic. Also probably the most important thing to the bg. I do think they should have perhaps had more bases(mines) than just 3.

Will need to try it more for sure.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2013-05-24 at 12:29 PM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's good, I thought all the new BGs in Cataclysm (including TB) were way too small. Meant that even DPS could blow CDs and survive until they were reinforced.
    I think that if a DPS could survive an assault for long enough to defend a base and for reinforcements to arrive then that's good play by that team. If a team is able to reinforce their bases in a time of need that's great, and move around fluidly. I think a better layout would have been for the Bases to be in a Triangle formation, so each one is easier to attack and defend, similar to BfG, as I think currently that Mid is too important. The Cart objectives is nice, but I think the map needs squished somewhat.

I personally prefer smaller Battlegrounds. My favourites are WSG, ToK, TP and EotS. Absolutely hate IoC/AV and SotA (Too big/sieges). Small close conflicts are more fun to me. The objectives are good. I just think the size is too big for 15 man.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    New BG, new gameplay, NEW MAP!

Share your opinions, hatred, love anything!

Personally, I think the map is brilliant. There are plenty of ways I can use to sneak up on an enemy mine (As a McNinja should) and so far the win-loss is 50/50 for me, so it seems pretty balanced.
    I'm absolutely loving this battleground, and it does seem balanced out, with how the terrain is designed. It really feels like a battlefront, overall. People fighting over here and over there, rather than being in a huge cluster. The other MoP ones are alright, but can get boring really fast.

Only did it once so far, but I really, really like what I saw. The map looks great, the cart mechanics seem interesting and fun, the scenery is very appealing, and it encourages a lot of combat. Also, no cliffs (that I'm aware of). On the whole, MoP has brought some very good new BGs, especially compared to the awfulness that is SoTA and IoC.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying it a lot. So far most of the games I've played were really close. I've only encountered one group that was so clueless on what to do so we lost 90-1600, but I guess that can happen with each new BG.

Deleted
    I dislike 15 man maps with randoms because my personal impact feels to little. And if you happen to play that map in RBG (assuming that we can?) sneaky attacks can't be prevented that easily due to it's size, clearly favoring certain classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I'm enjoying it a lot. So far most of the games I've played were really close. I've only encountered one group that was so clueless on what to do so we lost 90-1600, but I guess that can happen with each new BG.
    If you're new to a BG just ask for a basic rundown in 2-3 sentences. If you already knew it feel free to tell it to your shy & clueless comrades. Better typing at the start than flaming headlessly later on
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-05-24 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I dislike 15 man maps with randoms because my personal impact feels to little. And if you happen to play that map in RBG (assuming that we can?) sneaky attacks can't be prevented that easily due to it's size, clearly favoring certain classes.

If you're new to a BG just ask for a basic rundown in 2-3 sentences. If you already knew it feel free to tell it to your shy & clueless comrades. Better typing at the start than flaming headlessly later on
    Right now you can't RBG this map. There is a bug with the base capping that Blizzard is working to fix.

Indeed typing out at the start is a good idea. I have a macro that explains the bg, still you get those people that refuse to listen or don't understand English. =p