Idea to remake Chi Brew

At the moment no one takes Chi brew because its terribad.

My idea would be to make it instantly grant 10 charges of tigereye brew / mana tea / elusive brew and maybe increase cooldown to 3 minutes.

This would solve the PvP issue of ww monks having no on demand burst. It would also solve the PvE issue (if they decide to take it) of no tigereye brew stacks at the start of fights where lust is usually used with procs.

I just added in the mana tea and elusive brew to make it attractive for all specs. I thought of this with windwalker in mind.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    MW's use Chi Brew...

10+ Year Old Account
    chi brew isn't terribad, ascension is just too good

15+ Year Old Account
    Chi Brew is great for MWer... don't change it. 10 stacks of mana tea would be awful.

If it's in combination with the 4 chi then yeah sure.

This should specify WWers more explicitly.

As stated previously, Ascension is the problem. More specifically, the problem is that WWers get 2 Chi/40 energy while Brewmasters (effectively) get 1 Chi/40 energy (because more energy = more Jabs/EHs not more Keg Smashes). So, the choice, as things are currently setup, is to make Ascension completely worthless for Brewmasters or the only reasonable choice for WWers. They chose the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's Chi Brew? =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could instead reduce the CD of Power Strikes and Chi Brew by half for WWer spec. That would balance out against the double value of Ascension for them.

Isn't Power Strikes potentially useful at lower haste values? Such as leveling, initial 90 raid gearing and possibly after RoR stat shuffling?

As for making Chi Brew more attractive. I could see maybe making it stack half of what each spec's ability would be most effective. Use adds 5 Tiger's Eye stacks, 3 Elusive Brew stacks, something with Mana Tea stacks?

Deleted
    Why bother with fixing with something that's not broken?
    CB - good for MW
    Ascension - great for WW and BrM
    PS - decent for leveling and low haste levels

10+ Year Old Account
    Ascension is mathematically desirable regardless of your haste for WW. It provides the greatest amount of Chi/s and unlike the bother two, theoretically scales better and better with item level.

With zero haste, it gives an added 1.5 energy/second for windwalkers. And as someone who has played WW since before that change - just that additional 1
    5 e/s is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Ascension is mathematically desirable regardless of your haste for WW. It provides the greatest amount of Chi/s and unlike the bother two, theoretically scales better and better with item level.

With zero haste, it gives an added 1.5 energy/second for windwalkers. And as someone who has played WW since before that change - just that additional 1
    5 e/s is welcome.
    Maybe at max level, but while leveling WW, I find PS better than Ascension, no matter what your "math" says. Going from mob to mob I rarely find myself low on energy. And mobs die faster with me being able to jab tp rsk jab bk(with PS) than they do with jab tp jab rsk jab bok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chi Brew is likely to get replaced next patch or made better.

I agree, Ascension is just too good a talent.

What are you talking about? Chi Brew is awesome. I always use it without exception.

Deleted
    Chi brew SUCKS! As MW??? Omg, they should remove chi brew, or change it to 10 stack of tigereye brew/Mana tea etc, as u Said, but same cds

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudix View Post
    Chi brew SUCKS! As MW??? Omg, they should remove chi brew, or change it to 10 stack of tigereye brew/Mana tea etc, as u Said, but same cds
    Why would Mistweaver want mana tea over more chi? I have under 10k spirit and I rarely dip below 80-90% mana. Chi Brew would give mana tea stacks faster than I could use them... I'd just be sitting on extra by the end of the fight.

Chi Brew is much better than the others for the on-demand burst healing (best used about 10 seconds after a TFT-Uplift during a heavy damage phase).

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chi Brew is likely to get replaced next patch or made better.

I agree, Ascension is just too good a talent.
    Source? Or are you just making this up?

I guess this could work.. but ascension is just too good. They need to give energetic brew 10 stack effect, along with its energy regen and raise it to 2 min cd imo..

I)'ve a totally balanced idea for chi brew and BrM:

Chi Brew is now a passive (yeah, lol), the higher the vengeance, the shorter the cd of keg smash.

Totally fair and legit.

I honestly think that you are pulling "numbers" out of nowhere (there are no numbers anyway). Chi Brew is wonderful for the on demand burst-healing. I really would feel lackluster if I didn't have it.