Why is my DPS so god awful? (logs/Armory/WH included).

I recently started playing mage, and managed to hop into a TOT run due to my previous experienced toons(3/13H). Anyway I was pulling sub 100K on every fight and I have no clue why. I've been following my rotation and doing what I believe I'm supposed to but I always dip real low and was wondering if someone could shed some light. I went into TOT @ 496 ilvl and came out @ 504, if it matters any.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A4ke/simple
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...5io/details/7/
    Wow-heroes: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...an/Cr%C3%A4ke/

I sim'd my toon and it said I should be doing about 112K but I was no where near that, any help is welcomed.
    Last edited by Oryxx; 2013-05-23 at 04:08 AM.

I'm now looking at your logs and I spotted that your uptime on invoker's energy is extreamly low. Only boss that it's above 60% is Ji-kun and also you used RoP on Megaera and it had only 72% uptime. You should track those abilities somehow and get their uptime as close to 100% as possible.

Deleted
    Looking to your character:
    Glyph of Icy Veins would help more in dps numbers vs glyph of evocation. Especially with timewarp it feels really strong.

World of logs:
    Invoker's Energy up time is really low on some fights. You should try to aim it at an almost 100% uptime.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3361&e=3625
    ^random log from me.

Looking to rest of the log. I don't really see big errors. Learning the fights over the weeks will probably help you a lot on when to use cooldowns etc. and improve your dps.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have another piece of T14 I would recommend throwing it on, the 2pc set bonus is really strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of icy veins is mandatory. The other 2 glyphs can be switched around depending on the fight.

Just stick with invocation as frost. There's no reason to use RoP. Invoker's energy uptime should be around 90%. The maximum possible uptime is 96-97% but due to lag and mechanics it will never be quite that.

Your bomb uptime seems a bit low so you can probably improve a bit there.

Glyph or mirror images is pointless as frost so there's no need to use it.

Don't be afraid to use greater invis instead of cauterise sometimes. Its really good for horridon and megaera for clearing debuffs and soaking poison rain.

As for sims the dps numbers just aren't accurate. You should just be able to feel if your dps is right or not otherwise you can compare yourself to someone similarily geared who you know plays well.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post

Just stick with invocation as frost. There's no reason to use RoP. Invoker's energy uptime should be around 90%. The maximum possible uptime is 96-97% but due to lag and mechanics it will never be quite that.
    The maximum possible uptime for Invokers energy is 100%. But that means you start casting Evo before the buff drops off which is a mistake in most cases. You should easily be able to keep an uptime of around 96%.

But I agree that as Frost you need to be using Invocation for nearly every situation. There are a few times when I run out of mana before it is time to evo again but that usually only happens when I have very high amounts of haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bostwick kingsley View Post
    There are a few times when I run out of mana before it is time to evo again but that usually only happens when I have very high amounts of haste.
    Its not your haste that causes you to go oom. Its bad rng during a no movement stand and burn phase. Frost could use a slight buff to the mana regen we get from haste.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Its not your haste that causes you to go oom. Its bad rng during a no movement stand and burn phase. Frost could use a slight buff to the mana regen we get from haste.
    I never ever ran out of mana in Frost spec. You have to be very very very very unlucky that this happens. If this happens on a regular basis you are doing something wrong. Either you use your level 90 talent with too less uptime or you don't use all your procs when they are up.

Do remember that the invocation talent was/is currently bugged. So it won't grant the buff each time you cast it. Make sure you actually got the buff before continuing with your rotation. I read on the US Forums that there should already be a hotfix. Don't know when they will apply it to EU realms. You should also have a good tracking for these kind of buffs (Weak Auras, Tell me when...)
    Last edited by reflection; 2013-05-24 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only happens occasionally in normal. It happens more in lfr.

I had it happen during tonights raid and had to evocate a few seconds early to be able to use frozen orb. It happens less with 4 set but it still happens.

I don't see how it could be my rotation. I use invocation the same as everyone else, either when I can't fit in another spell before invoker's energy falls off or when it falls off.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I never ever ran out of mana in Frost spec. You have to be very very very very unlucky that this happens. If this happens on a regular basis you are doing something wrong. Either you use your level 90 talent with too less uptime or you don't use all your procs when they are up.
    Something needs to be done with frost's regen. I know haste effects our regen but with high enough levels of haste and unlucky procs it happens more often than it should. It does not happen every pull but it does happen more than once a night for me.