1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Tybudd33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    400

    BM variance with Fevor and Dire Beast from gear range to range, why?? (Noxxic)

    Strangely looking at Noxxic's Talent counter for a BM Hunter with the Show highest dps talent option selected shows something strange that I don't quite understand the reasoning for?

    Gear iLvL Ranges:
    • 468 - Dire Beast
    • 483 - Dire Beast
    • 496 - Fevor
    • 502 - Dire Beast
    • 522 - Dire Beast
    • Best in Slot - Dire Beast

    What is it about the 496 ilvl gear range that makes Fevor the higher dps talent, if it changed upon progression would be fine, but to then have Dire Beast again as the higher dps talent doesn't calculate well for me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 09:40 PM ----------

    Might be nice to supply you guys with a link since I"m asking for your help right

    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/talents#HuAy!001100

  2. #2
    Noxxic..

    Well, who knows why it suddenly does more dps on 496, guess its a bit weird.
    But then again, a lot of the stuff on noxxic makes me go... wut? meh? huh?

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Tybudd33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Noxxic..

    Well, who knows why it suddenly does more dps on 496, guess its a bit weird.
    But then again, a lot of the stuff on noxxic makes me go... wut? meh? huh?

    LoL, ok so Noxxic isn't the most dependable resource?

  4. #4
    Noxxic has never been a reliable source, honestly.

    Femaledwarf.com may be a better resource, but even that I can't comment on since I haven't PvE'd since I finished HM DS progression.

  5. #5
    Dire Beast is always higher DPS for pretty much any spec when you use it in a simulation assuming Dire Beast gets 100% uptime, but the truth is on some fights it's just not anywhere near as good due to boss movement, target switching, etc.

    But as a general rule, Dire Beast for BM and Fervor for Survival.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    LoL, ok so Noxxic isn't the most dependable resource?
    No and i'll give you an example why Noxxic has such low credibility: Look at the suggested Glyphs for their Marksman guide. They don't even mention Glyph of Aimed Shot which any Hunter playing MM would pick. Huntards however, now that's a different story.

    Should mention also that all of their hunter guides suggest Posthaste (i lol a bit every time i see that). If you are not running with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera you are bad.
    Last edited by Evixy; 2013-05-23 at 09:28 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    No and i'll give you an example why Noxxic has such low credibility: Look at the suggested Glyphs for their Marksman guide. They don't even mention Glyph of Aimed Shot which any Hunter playing MM would pick. Huntards however, now that's a different story.

    Should mention also that all of their hunter guides suggest Posthaste (i lol a bit every time i see that). If you are not running with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera you are bad.
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera isn't always the best option. It can vary from fight to fight. Like on Ji-Kun, I use Posthaste because our Ferals are like "Herp derp what's Stampeding Roar?" And I'm usually near the next nest I need to go to so I'm not usually near a Warlock Gate.

    Posthaste also gets you out of the Sand on Council, can help you outrun the beam on Durumu if you decide on the outermost path, get you out of Iron Qon's tornado storm quicker.. Not to mention not every fight has a use for Deterrence every 60 seconds.

    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera isn't the only useful option out there. I'm pretty sure Narrow Escape can do something with adds on some fights.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site - Support our streams! || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355 || Temporarily retired from raiding. Soon™.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    Should mention also that all of their hunter guides suggest Posthaste (i lol a bit every time i see that). If you are not running with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera you are bad.
    That depends on the fight, I haven't done every heroic so I can't say if there is a use for it on every fight, but in my experience with Posthaste, it is useful on Horridon, Mageara, Durumu, Primordius, Iron Qon, Twin Consorts.
    I can see how it would be bad on Horridon HC because you would want Detterence for every AoE. In the end it varies from fight to fight, and recommending either is silly as both have their stengths, Posthaste is just less useful now because we can move while casting than it was in the past.

    And if you want to use Detterence every time on Mageara, you can, but the amount of DPS you lose from using it is so high that unless you're going to die, you should NOT use it. Not to mention we already have Aspect of the Iron Hawk, which many classes don't have (constant reduction).
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

  9. #9
    Evixy I dont think running with posthaste is bad. There are lots of fights where it is superior to crouching tiger.

    Jinrokh (N) - run away with lighting and get back faster due to higher movement speed (you need crouching tiger for heroic to avoid ionizations)
    Horridon - you can move fast to get out of charge or to next doors (far better than lower cd on detterence and disengage)
    Council - removes sand trap mechanic as u dont need dispels to get out of sand
    Tortos - I prefer it so I can move faster during the earthquake phase (easier to avoid crap falling from the ceiling)
    Megaera - doesnt matter here what u use
    Jikun - both have their uses, still prefer posthaste due to the fact that most quills happen on feed young buff where u dont want to deterence. Higher speed helps with downdraft
    Durumu - posthaste is great when u get purple pools. I just pop disengage and run to side so that when it spawns I get almost no dmg cause im out of it super fast
    Dark Animus - here crouching is superior cause u can deterence matter swaps and there is no need for higher speed since room is small
    Primordius - again prefer posthaste, when gathering buff pools lets you move faster around the room and there is no need for deterence.
    Iron Qon - posthaste to get out of the whirlwind
    Twin Consorts - I am responsible to pop the celestials so I always go for posthaste to move faster around the room
    Lei Shen - it really doesnt matter. You need deterence on transitions and 1 min less cooldown doesnt really help here. Posthaste is nice on last phase.

    I think not understanding talents and their perks is bad. Saying that not using crouching makes hunters bad only makes you bad.

  10. #10
    I stand corrected on some parts. On Horridon and Tortos heroic however i prefer CT, HC for the added survivability (Dire Call and Quake Stomp). On Horridon you can Deterrence every Dire Call which helps healers a lot especially in the last phase. You lose a bit of DPS, but tanks are less likely to die.

    I guess Posthaste is just considered the default choice when nothing else is really needed, in which case it makes sense. But CT, HC will help your raid more than Posthaste will.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,213
    I consider CT, HC the default choice, with Posthaste sometimes coming in when you need it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:55 PM ----------

    Also, Master's Call removes the sand trap root too, not enough hunters use it in PvE and it's on a 45 second CD. I'd use that on Council before Posthaste, just so I could deter the beginning of any frostbites I got (which I'm more likely to get in 10 man).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Evixy I dont think running with posthaste is bad. There are lots of fights where it is superior to crouching tiger.

    Jinrokh (N) - run away with lighting and get back faster due to higher movement speed (you need crouching tiger for heroic to avoid ionizations)
    Horridon - you can move fast to get out of charge or to next doors (far better than lower cd on detterence and disengage)
    Council - removes sand trap mechanic as u dont need dispels to get out of sand
    Tortos - I prefer it so I can move faster during the earthquake phase (easier to avoid crap falling from the ceiling)
    Megaera - doesnt matter here what u use
    Jikun - both have their uses, still prefer posthaste due to the fact that most quills happen on feed young buff where u dont want to deterence. Higher speed helps with downdraft
    Durumu - posthaste is great when u get purple pools. I just pop disengage and run to side so that when it spawns I get almost no dmg cause im out of it super fast
    Dark Animus - here crouching is superior cause u can deterence matter swaps and there is no need for higher speed since room is small
    Primordius - again prefer posthaste, when gathering buff pools lets you move faster around the room and there is no need for deterence.
    Iron Qon - posthaste to get out of the whirlwind
    Twin Consorts - I am responsible to pop the celestials so I always go for posthaste to move faster around the room
    Lei Shen - it really doesnt matter. You need deterence on transitions and 1 min less cooldown doesnt really help here. Posthaste is nice on last phase.

    I think not understanding talents and their perks is bad. Saying that not using crouching makes hunters bad only makes you bad.
    I generally use posthaste 90% of the time now. I think three fights actually have mechanics + rng numbers that actually line up with the minute cd on CTHC. Depending on group comp, Posthaste is the difference between falling off on H LeiShen 10m or staying on the platform during transitions. 25m probably doesn't need it because they usually have enough symbiosis or gateways.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...uzad/Takeaseat
    <Divinity> US-Kel'thuzad 3/7M
    Recruiting exceptional raiders for 20man mythic content. Click here to apply.

  13. #13
    Posthaste gets rid of the frost debuff too on IQ if you get real unlocky with spears and Master's Call is on CD, I use it sometimes with my back against the wall.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I consider CT, HC the default choice, with Posthaste sometimes coming in when you need it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:55 PM ----------

    Also, Master's Call removes the sand trap root too, not enough hunters use it in PvE and it's on a 45 second CD. I'd use that on Council before Posthaste, just so I could deter the beginning of any frostbites I got (which I'm more likely to get in 10 man).
    yeah on council i rather have 1 min deter to avoid getting raped by the debuff if i get it 2 times in a row, masters calls to get rid of the root wich is rarelly on me anyway.

    raidmembers say that i should be FD/deter the debuff but so far i cant get rid of it, incuding deter/fp while he is casting or when i just get the blue arrow over my head. would love to know if any other hunter have a way to get rid of it other than just stacking as other would.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •