1. #1

    Is Festerblight Dead? Heroic Raiders only.

    Hey.
    This is a question for those who have or almost have full bis.

    Is festerblight dead? does Normal UH outdmg?

    not talking about all fights but the ST ones.


    Ty

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Hey.
    This is a question for those who have or almost have full bis.

    Is festerblight dead? does Normal UH outdmg?

    not talking about all fights but the ST ones.


    Ty
    The only thing needed from festerblight was Tricks of the Trade. It's still a dps gain on the fights where it was a dps gain.

    But especially on a fight like Iron Qon or Lei Shen, always Festerblight Lei Shen / Dogs, so that after they go away for the intermissions your damage will still tick on. Knocking a couple % of each dog or off Lei Shen, even with not supercharged diseases will make especially those two fights a notch easier for the rest of your raid.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Hey.
    This is a question for those who have or almost have full bis.

    Is festerblight dead? does Normal UH outdmg?

    not talking about all fights but the ST ones.


    Ty
    Am nowhere near BiS but going to throw this out there anyway... Festerblight outperforms normal unholy on fights that support it, doesn't matter what gear you have unless (I'm guessing) your weapon's ilvl is significantly higher than the rest of your gear to a point where extra scourge strike damage > buffed diseases.

    Remember, if there are multiple transition phases where diseases drop off or aren't going to line up with your pull-procs and pre-pot (megeara, council, likely tortos with rolling blood, iron qon's 2nd/3rd dogs, twins after transitions) then it's not really "festerblight" (which i would consider the application of buffed diseases that last the duration of the encounter) and all you're going to be doing is re-applying diseases when your feather is at max stacks and then possibly extending them occasionally until the next proc/outbreak... That's not really any different to traditional unholy play. Sure you can disease targets that then become unattackable (like the dogs on qon) but that's not festerblight either.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Knocking a couple % of each dog or off Lei Shen, even with not supercharged diseases will make especially those two fights a notch easier for the rest of your raid.
    Lei Shen takes 99% reduced damage while Supercharing Conduits. The main reason people opt to use the Festerblight priority on Lei Shen is to increase P3 DPS, which is realistically the only part of the encounter where DPS makes a difference, (assuming the raid has enough DPS to push P1 in time obviously) by allowing you to forgo Festerblight and focus more on SRs and ScSs.

    OT: Festerblight is very much not dead and still outperforms all other DK specs. (Blood may be an exception to this however... >_>)
    Vereesa of Paragon, formerly of Depraved
    WCL

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Lei Shen takes 99% reduced damage while Supercharing Conduits. The main reason people opt to use the Festerblight priority on Lei Shen is to increase P3 DPS, which is realistically the only part of the encounter where DPS makes a difference, (assuming the raid has enough DPS to push P1 in time obviously) by allowing you to forgo Festerblight and focus more on SRs and ScSs.

    OT: Festerblight is very much not dead and still outperforms all other DK specs. (Blood may be an exception to this however... >_>)
    Ah that clarifies it; I am 99.99% of the time full-time blood, and I only read somewhere that FB on Lei Shen would be beneficial. Weird that I didn't know about the dmg reduction in that phase, never checked up on it.

    Edit: For god's sake man, get yourself a Quel'Delar 2hander; that ulduar weapon is hideous..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    The only thing needed from festerblight was Tricks of the Trade. It's still a dps gain on the fights where it was a dps gain.

    But especially on a fight like Iron Qon or Lei Shen, always Festerblight Lei Shen / Dogs, so that after they go away for the intermissions your damage will still tick on. Knocking a couple % of each dog or off Lei Shen, even with not supercharged diseases will make especially those two fights a notch easier for the rest of your raid.
    Also on Twins you can dot up Suen during the first phase, is a couple of people do you knock off a good % of her hp making the fight a bit quicker. I think last time I killed it we had her at around 92% when she actually activated

  7. #7
    No, Festerblight isn't dead.

    My gear is still pretty bad (536 with a 608 cloak) and I ranked 38th on H Durumu 25 playing Festerblight.

    Yes, we have an ele shaman in the raid.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    No, Festerblight isn't dead.

    My gear is still pretty bad (536 with a 608 cloak) and I ranked 38th on H Durumu 25 playing Festerblight.

    Yes, we have an ele shaman in the raid.
    having an ele shammy in your raid doesn't really mean anything.

    flesterblight is the best 'spec' for dks right now.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    having an ele shammy in your raid doesn't really mean anything.

    flesterblight is the best 'spec' for dks right now.
    I think Dossou is implying that by having an ele shaman, there is less disease uptime on the icewalls (due to less time alive)? And even with that lower TTL for the ice walls, festerblight is stronger?

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I think Dossou is implying that by having an ele shaman, there is less disease uptime on the icewalls (due to less time alive)? And even with that lower TTL for the ice walls, festerblight is stronger?
    What because of an Ele Shaman's AOE?

    And I dunno. I'm either doing something wrong with Festerblight or it really did take a giant blow with Tricks of the Trade. I'm just not pulling an absurd amount of damage higher than 2h Frost or Standard Unholy even with my 534 ileve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What because of an Ele Shaman's AOE?

    And I dunno. I'm either doing something wrong with Festerblight or it really did take a giant blow with Tricks of the Trade. I'm just not pulling an absurd amount of damage higher than 2h Frost or Standard Unholy even with my 534 ileve.
    Ele shammys have very good aoe on the walls, making it very easy to burst them down and kill them quicker. Less time on the walls, means less multidots, and less aoe damage for us.

    If you link some logs or something it might help, Fester did not take a huge hit from Tricks, it took a small hit, and even then not everyone would be getting tricks so it was a very small nerf.

  12. #12
    spreading diseases on duramu is pretty risky though. You're better off just staying on him assuming the rest of your raid can kill the walls easily.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I think Dossou is implying that by having an ele shaman, there is less disease uptime on the icewalls (due to less time alive)? And even with that lower TTL for the ice walls, festerblight is stronger?
    That won't hvae an impact on festerblight any more than it would normal UH.

  14. #14
    My guild is only 4/13H soon to be 5or6 but rest assured fb is far fr being dead. I sim for 175k and did 203k single target on durumu without add switching and.decent trinket rng and decent rc procs

  15. #15
    My guild is 9/13 25m Heroic atm, have Primordius, Animus, Lei-Shen and Ra-Den left, Festerblight is still better if you can pull it off effectively and if you have the gear for it.

    I use FB on pretty much every fight I can (can't on H Megaera because I'm always bitch duty on adds/that fight sucks unless you dot up both heads and meter pad,) but it's really important once you get to Heroic Twin Consorts.

    I struggled to do decent damage on that fight and then started using a Festering Strike high FB priority and it's pretty unreal. Just get full-power dots on Night Boss, either manually apply dots with outbreak or pest. diseases to Su'en and get your dots to the highest possible duration they can go to before Su'en becomes active. If you ignore adds during p1 (not sure if people actually do differently,) you have a ton of the adds up right when Su'en comes out, which lets your trinkets/procs go nuts, which lets you roll diseases on her as well. By the time that you have both up just make sure dots are up on both of them and your damage will be pretty nuts.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    My guild is 9/13 25m Heroic atm, have Primordius, Animus, Lei-Shen and Ra-Den left, Festerblight is still better if you can pull it off effectively and if you have the gear for it.

    I use FB on pretty much every fight I can (can't on H Megaera because I'm always bitch duty on adds/that fight sucks unless you dot up both heads and meter pad,) but it's really important once you get to Heroic Twin Consorts.

    I struggled to do decent damage on that fight and then started using a Festering Strike high FB priority and it's pretty unreal. Just get full-power dots on Night Boss, either manually apply dots with outbreak or pest. diseases to Su'en and get your dots to the highest possible duration they can go to before Su'en becomes active. If you ignore adds during p1 (not sure if people actually do differently,) you have a ton of the adds up right when Su'en comes out, which lets your trinkets/procs go nuts, which lets you roll diseases on her as well. By the time that you have both up just make sure dots are up on both of them and your damage will be pretty nuts.
    For twins, I use outbreak on sunbitch as she phases, and UB to open on lulen. Manual plague strike for high AP diseases, and use outbreak whenever I can get on suen.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    That won't hvae an impact on festerblight any more than it would normal UH.
    That really depends on your trinket choice and what is procced when you're Pestilencing to the walls (Gaze vs. Shadopan vs. Rage vs. Spark)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •