Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Nitro Boost + Goblin Glider = Broke?

    I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes, but Goblin Glider and Nitro Boost can no longer be used together. Or at least I can't use them. A friend also said Boost + Parachute was broken. Intended? Goof? What?

    I run engineering on a few toons and it was mainly for that combo + glove tinker.

    It wasn't OP in any way unless you call being able to run away OP, because it sure has got me out of some bad situations. But on the flip side of that, my mage who doesn't run engineering can accomplish the same thing with Blazing Speed and Slowfall.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    If Im not mistaken goblin glider always gave you same speed boost as nitro boost so why would you even use them together? except for the visual fire effect in the air.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,461
    Yeah, it gives me a "Invalid target" error when I try to use them together.. No fun allowed.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire tidus4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    C'thuns Stomach
    Posts
    394
    I'd also like to mention in here that Rocket Belt is failing a lot more. Out of the 3 hours I played yesterday, they failed about half the time
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    If Im not mistaken goblin glider always gave you same speed boost as nitro boost so why would you even use them together? except for the visual fire effect in the air.
    It's not the speed boost for the glider that's my concern. It's hitting boost to get out of a shitty situation, jumping off a cliff (world pvp situation for example when someone decides 4v1 is fair) and then trying to pop my glider to get a safe landing only to leave a trail of fire all the way down to my death.

  7. #7
    /cancleaura Nitro Boosts will solve your problem

  8. #8
    Well, once nitro boosts run out you can hit the glider.

    just learn to time your jump so that nitro bosts wear off BEFORE you hit the ground.

    Or cancelaura like stated above.

  9. #9
    Warchief Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,107
    Noticed it last night as well.
    Died twice before it hit me tho.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

  10. #10
    while I appreciate the tips, and even though I already made the cancelaura/boost macro, I don't see why I should have to, I'm basically asking for opinions on the change since I find the whole thing a little stupid. I've tweeted GC and Holinka seeking comment. Why holinka? Because I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume this change had /something/ to do with PvP.

    Pissed engineer is pissed.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    i hope this a bug :\ pointless change really if intentional.
    dragonmaw - EU

  12. #12
    Rather than just throw icons on my bar, I made two macros:

    1) /use 6 [uses belt slot]
    2) /cancelaura Nitro Boosts
    /use 15 [uses cloak slot]

    Actually prefer this, since my tank/dps/pvp sets all have the enchants and moving those items around every time I swap gear was a pain. Now I don't have to.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    Rather than just throw icons on my bar, I made two macros:

    1) /use 6 [uses belt slot]
    2) /cancelaura Nitro Boosts
    /use 15 [uses cloak slot]

    Actually prefer this, since my tank/dps/pvp sets all have the enchants and moving those items around every time I swap gear was a pain. Now I don't have to.

    I had always used /use belt slot and cloak slot macros. This change bugs the shit out of me. Yet to receive reply from either GC or Holinka.Gonna mosey on over to the official boards and see if anything has been posted about this and has received a CM reply.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,864
    I've not noticed this yet, I hardly ever use them together, i do tons of WPvP and use them quite a lot to avoid trouble and annoy people lol, But i hardly ever find myself in a situation when i need to use both, Plus,the speed boost of Nitro is such a short buff that you should still be able to hit glider before you splat, because if you're going to die you have to be falling from a decent height, But i imagine it's just one of those things, A lot of people complain about spells overwriting each other so it might just be unintentional
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I've not noticed this yet, I hardly ever use them together, i do tons of WPvP and use them quite a lot to avoid trouble and annoy people lol, But i hardly ever find myself in a situation when i need to use both, Plus,the speed boost of Nitro is such a short buff that you should still be able to hit glider before you splat, because if you're going to die you have to be falling from a decent height, But i imagine it's just one of those things, A lot of people complain about spells overwriting each other so it might just be unintentional
    When I'm outnumbered but still able to get a kill (or two) before needing to flee, I may need that glider to survive that measly 25 foot fall with the sliver of HP I have left.
    Last edited by Hiddi; 2013-05-23 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Typoz

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddi View Post
    When in outnumbered but still able to get a kill (or two) before needing to flee, I may need that glider to survive that measly 25 foot fall with the sliver of HP I have left.
    Ah yeh that's true, I suppose i don't realise how much fall damage can hurt, as a druid i have the glyph of grace, so it takes a huge fall to kill me
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  17. #17
    I hope it gets fixed. With some of those shado-pan dailies, I've had to nitro boost and then hit glider when I reach a clif to survive a group of adds

  18. #18
    same problem applies to mages using Blazing Speed/Rocket Boost and Goblin Glider/Slow Fall, it looks like it is not possible anymore to use Movement Speed increases with falling changes

  19. #19
    i dont really see an issue here. it only applies to engineers and why on earth wouldnt you have a /cancelaura macro for your parachute in the first place? add cancel for nitro boots and your set without adding another hotkey.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    i dont really see an issue here. it only applies to engineers and why on earth wouldnt you have a /cancelaura macro for your parachute in the first place? add cancel for nitro boots and your set without adding another hotkey.
    Point totally missed.

    And I said I have cancel aura macros for my boosts, why the fuck should I need one for my glider? It's also broken in other ways. There's reports of it being unusable during any kind of damage bubble (ice barrier, pally shield/priest shield, pally bubble), and the glider being unturnable in BGs. And as Syntactic said it's ANY movement speed + slowfall apparently. Why should no one care if it's just engineers? Wow. Just...wow.

    Tinkers are the point of engineering. It'd be like epic JC gems suddenly NOT working. Or BSing sockets suddenly not working.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •