Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    nope still broke. same with blazing speed and slowfall.
    Hiddy play warrior. Hiddy go smash smash. RAWR!

Seems like it was an intentional fix; Mages are having the same issues with slow fall and their blazing speed talent. Some clarification on the issue would be nice though

15+ Year Old Account
    i never understood these limits to tinkers and boost/slowfall mechanics....as a goblin mage I am unable to use slowfall and rocket jump at the same time, that annoys me too.

I kinda hate this combination, because it is just un-counter-able if you can not permanently disable or burst the target to death.

If they did disable it, i am happy.

I heard somewhere that using nitro boots and glider simultaneously was going to be changed. It was awhile back though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    I came here expecting another thread by Sandmoth, I was pleasantly surprised!

If this is true then It sucks, arent we engineers supposed to have fun with our gadgets anymore?
    Or is this another casualty due to PVP-complaints?

I don't remember using boost with glider ever giving glider a movement speed increase. My memory is either failing me or I'm missing out on what the issue is. I'm an engineer and I use my boosts and glider basically on cooldown most of them time unless I'm doing something serious. I never thought the speed boost stacked.

I seem to be able to burst of speed -> glider, and sprint -> glider.

I'm curious about this tbh. I'm having to make a macro to cauncelaura boots -> glider (the same one on page 1), because like the rest of you, I often rocket boots off a cliff and then glider. This seems to still work ok with boots -> jump -> cancelaura + glider... It's possible that this nerf didn't accomplish what they wanted it to, and they may nerf harder (for instance, triggering a 10 second cooldown on floaty-effects).

I really don't know what the goal of the nerf was. Stop some BG exploit?

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I kinda hate this combination, because it is just un-counter-able if you can not permanently disable or burst the target to death.

If they did disable it, i am happy.
    Can you give me an example, or better yet two, of what happened?

Deleted
    The boost seem to be malfunctioning alot more now aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Why dont they add a 20g fee each time you click the tinker's as well? Because f*** engineering right?

Deleted
    yep no fun allowed I hope its a bug tho

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Onyxia deep breathes more?

I'll dismiss this as happenstance. But if you want to start adding:

Since the patch, I've pressed boots eight times that I can remember, and none have been malfunctions. Malfunctions tend to be memorable too. But, I'll start tracking a bit.

hope its a bug, only reason ive kept engineering on my lock is boots and glider

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddi View Post
    I don't recall seeing this in the patch notes, but Goblin Glider and Nitro Boost can no longer be used together. Or at least I can't use them. A friend also said Boost + Parachute was broken. Intended? Goof? What?

I run engineering on a few toons and it was mainly for that combo + glove tinker.

It wasn't OP in any way unless you call being able to run away OP, because it sure has got me out of some bad situations. But on the flip side of that, my mage who doesn't run engineering can accomplish the same thing with Blazing Speed and Slowfall.

What do you guys think?

So that's why I died a few times... Wonder how long until they fix this bug?

Like seriously... Engineering first world problems again. They hate us.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT a lot of people who never used Nitro+Glider combo in 5.2

It didn't work in 5.2...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    ITT a lot of people who never used Nitro+Glider combo in 5.2

It didn't work in 5.2...
    Yes it did, our DK-tank did it all the time in our raids what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I'd also like to mention in here that Rocket Belt is failing a lot more. Out of the 3 hours I played yesterday, they failed about half the time
    I haven't noticed an increase in failures.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Yes it did, our DK-tank did it all the time in our raids what are you talking about?
    No it didn't. Also I like the fact that YOU didn't try it, just referring to some DK.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think nitro boosts actually impact the speed of goblin glider. I think the goblin glider has a set speed of 450%/500% movement speed (seeing as it's faster than flying mounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Yeah, it gives me a "Invalid target" error when I try to use them together.. No fun allowed.
    Same, this is lame and needs to be fixed. I keep cratering. I very frequently nitro off a high place and pop the glider.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    /cancleaura Nitro Boosts will solve your problem
    Not when you're using ItemRack buttons instead of macro's.