Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think some of you missed the sarcasm in his post. :P

But yes I would love a raid all about gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Erm i´d ask it the otehr way around. like: Who does love a troll raid?
    Not only are those trolls ugly as hell, but the gear that drops trumps it all. I still can remeber those voices from ZA when people said in teamspeak: "Damn this piece of gear is WAY better than what i got, but looking at it i CAN NOT wear it.
    Well at least we got transmog today.
    Gear from ZA looked fantastic!!! Also the ZA cinematic is still by far the best patch cinematic that has been made so far.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Hard to take gnomes seriously. They appear as much as they should.
    I'll take Gnomes over Hozen anyday.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Knowing Blizzard and their logic, they'll just up the size of the model to be extremely large so you can see them. I would imagine it's common knowledge now that bosses really are not that large in lore (Besides the OBVIOUSLY large creatures / beasts). Seeing as how we have many dwarf bosses that aren't flesh compared to those that have, they are willing to up size to bypass lore reasons.

At least I hope, because we do need more race bosses.
    Except deathwing... He was a lot smaller than I thought he was suppose to be, also ultraxion.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

I am just sick of troll content. It is a lazy out for the developers. When they have no ideas, throw in a troll raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    (Dev Interview at the next blizzcon)

Argus expansion pack :

the first patch of the Argus expansion is the raid of Zul'Argus, which is a troll empire...that appeared out of nowhere in Argus. and the whole raid is about Troll lore...

and though Argus is the Draenei homeworld we wont see much of the Draenei but the Orcs will attack the Argus first and stablish a super-badass looking base- the Alliance, like in WotLK will build an incomplete and unfinished camp and will be constantly under the attack of Demons and nearly get their asses kicked.

the Argus expansion expands the story of Thrall even more, Thrall goes to Argus and finds out that he has some Draenei roots... he absorbs so much -mary sue- in the last expansion that he becomes the actual Jesus himself.

Sylvanas will capture the entire upper Eastern Kingdoms and starts attacking Ironforge, nobody goes there anyway so Sylvanas will just take it after a long quest-chain.

Goblins will break their own record and shape a bigger continent in Argus to look like the Horde symbol.

...Oh about the Alliance side... Players will get some quests involving reporting the status of Argus to the Alliance leaders... Varian will have a few dialogues, Velen will say a bunch of stuff but is too old to travel to Argus so he'll just sit in Exodar looking pretty, Tyrande is super frustrated that the pregnancy sticks show negative after all these years (Malfurion is the problem) ...aaaand thats pretty much what the Alliance will do in the next expansion.

*crowd yells -for the Horde- *
    I am so tempted to quote this on Facebook.

I'm honestly pretty sick of trolls myself.

They had to find some way to get the siege of org underway. Having the trolls, who garrosh views as lesser beings be the catalyst that starts it is a good way to do that. Gnomes can have a time to shine when we are raiding stormwind. Right now, its horde time.

New WoW mini-game: Gnome Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Its a game, build a bridge and get over It.
    But if there's a bridge, there's Trolls under it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If a Troll farts in the forest and no one is around to hear it, how long before players form a raid group to slay it?

History has shown us that whenever Trolls are involved with anything the Horde and the Alliance will drop whatever they're doing at the time.
    Anyone else sick of the obvious Troll favoritism that Blizzard pushes on the playerbase? Trolls are involved in more raids than any other race. Well no more! I demand that we have more gnome raids! It's only fair considering that there are thousands of hardworking gnomes in each and every Warcraft cinematic who don't get the recognition they deserve.
    Gnomes are for punting. And farting on.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

when you say things like 'obvious blizzard favouritism', you sound like a brat with daddy issues. repeat after me, loud and proud now, IT'S JUST A GAME, RELAX AND HAVE FUN
    somebody call for d doctor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Thrall as 'Mary Sue' is an idealised character representing the author.
    You are so right, Chris Metzen doesn't treat Thrall as an extension of himself. He would never do anything with Thrall that he wishes he could do.

After all he was wearing an Alliance Sweatshirt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They had to find some way to get the siege of org underway. Having the trolls, who garrosh views as lesser beings be the catalyst that starts it is a good way to do that. Gnomes can have a time to shine when we are raiding stormwind. Right now, its horde time.
    When, Just when has it not been Horde Time.
    its widely acknowledged the The Horde (as a faction) have had some, if not all of the best story lines within the game.

Varian Wrynn was meant to get some sort of awesome storyline in this expansion, so far he has been a bit of a wet lettuce, His son has shown more lead in his pencil and the most he got up to (that I have seen so far) is chillin' with Wrathion in a bar with a busted leg.

As for a troll raids. I like them upto a certain point, aft which it becomes "oh another troll raid" Would really like a themed raid, or even a Tauren one. Anything really except more trolls mon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There are no troll raids left in the game..
    MSV is 1/6 troll and ToT is 3/13 troll.. That's about it.. No more troll bosses..

Dragons, undead, even Blood Elves are much more used as bosses..
    you obviously don't understand the statement, where does he say anything about troll BOSSES ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    No you don't understand, there is no other meaning. Someone somewhere used the term correctly and a lot of people misunderstood the meaning and ran with it.

It would be like someone from another country watching brokeback mountain and then calling every male couple 'A couple of cowboys'. You are using the term incorrectly.

Its based on Star Trek Fan Fiction where a character named Mary Sue was a member of Star Fleet and it was obvious the author was writing themselves into their fantasy setting.
    Actually the meaning has evolved to include idealized perfect characters. Thankfully the English Language evolves with each generation. Sure the Original Mary Sue was a woman in the 70's writing Fan fiction placing herself in every Episode of the Original Show. But the usage has become expanded with the internet, describing characters who are perfect and can do no wrong. For instance I have a friend who writes fan fict based on Commander Shepard. My friend has an idealized female protagonist who is perfect and a bad ass with no flaws besides also being a vampire. See where I am going, my friend is not female and is not a vampire but he writes about his Mary Sue over at the Mass Effect Fan fic site. Swing around to Thrall he has all the qualities of a Mary Sue, he is perfect, uncompromisingly good, Strong and powerful, as a beautiful wife, was the leader of a faction but now the leader of a neutral organization that is respected even by people he fought. He is loved by more woman, feared by men. And has never actually made a wrong choice. He should sell Beers for Dos Equis.

But that is ok because in Warcraft their is one Mary Sue that rules them all in the Comic Books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    because trolls are found natively accross all of azeroth i guess.

plus, who doesn't love a troll raid?
    Sarcasm?

A whole bunch don't.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woosh, it's a joke post dude
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    It's a joke, build some attention span and read it properly.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    (Dev Interview at the next blizzcon)

Argus expansion pack :

the first patch of the Argus expansion is the raid of Zul'Argus, which is a troll empire...that appeared out of nowhere in Argus. and the whole raid is about Troll lore...

and though Argus is the Draenei homeworld we wont see much of the Draenei but the Orcs will attack the Argus first and stablish a super-badass looking base- the Alliance, like in WotLK will build an incomplete and unfinished camp and will be constantly under the attack of Demons and nearly get their asses kicked.

the Argus expansion expands the story of Thrall even more, Thrall goes to Argus and finds out that he has some Draenei roots... he absorbs so much -mary sue- in the last expansion that he becomes the actual Jesus himself.

Sylvanas will capture the entire upper Eastern Kingdoms and starts attacking Ironforge, nobody goes there anyway so Sylvanas will just take it after a long quest-chain.

Goblins will break their own record and shape a bigger continent in Argus to look like the Horde symbol.

...Oh about the Alliance side... Players will get some quests involving reporting the status of Argus to the Alliance leaders... Varian will have a few dialogues, Velen will say a bunch of stuff but is too old to travel to Argus so he'll just sit in Exodar looking pretty, Tyrande is super frustrated that the pregnancy sticks show negative after all these years (Malfurion is the problem) ...aaaand thats pretty much what the Alliance will do in the next expansion.

*crowd yells -for the Horde- *
    The lols be strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If a Troll farts in the forest and no one is around to hear it, how long before players form a raid group to slay it?

History has shown us that whenever Trolls are involved with anything the Horde and the Alliance will drop whatever they're doing at the time.
    Anyone else sick of the obvious Troll favoritism that Blizzard pushes on the playerbase? Trolls are involved in more raids than any other race. Well no more! I demand that we have more gnome raids! It's only fair considering that there are thousands of hardworking gnomes in each and every Warcraft cinematic who don't get the recognition they deserve.
    1. gnomes don't deserve the soggy raisin bran flakes at the bottom of my cereal bowl.

2. read the lore. trolls are freaking awesome. if you read them you'd care about them more.

3. blizz isn't pushing anything on us. they have a story, let them tell it. don't cry because your 1'6" retard humanoid fail-race isn't getting the spot light. Gnomes will get their spotlight when Tinkers arive