Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We wiped far too much to orbs getting through as well. We ran 3 melee, which was probably part of the problem, but not that big of a deal.

As a rogue, I pooled energy and threw Tricks on our hunter (he generally did the most damage to the orbs). Our lock also swapped from Aff to Destro so he could be useful on orbs. Most of the problem was just getting people to immediately stop whatever they're doing and swap right away no matter what. Optimizing orb damage (like holding certain abilities when orbs are about to come out) helped a lot too.
    We ended up killing it (3 shot) by running just the Rog for melee and having him handle soaks. Swapping to ranged-heavy made those orbs soooo much easier. As we get more gear/more familiar we will probably rotate the melee in for kills/loot, but for now, ranged is beast.

Not sure I'll ever tank it though because of....

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Unless he decides to go to a 100 energy then cast orbs then cast add, then melee's, its fun that is. No need to die to it but upsetting non the less.
    This. This makes me a sad I hate that "gonna cast this now, unless I don't feel like it! trololol" ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    We ended up killing it (3 shot) by running just the Rog for melee and having him handle soaks. Swapping to ranged-heavy made those orbs soooo much easier. As we get more gear/more familiar we will probably rotate the melee in for kills/loot, but for now, ranged is beast.

Not sure I'll ever tank it though because of....

This. This makes me a sad I hate that "gonna cast this now, unless I don't feel like it! trololol" ability.
    Ya its pretty much the biggest issue for prot paladin (possibly dk but that class is just broken on this fight) cause we only got 3seconds, just have 2 buffer HP, slam at 90, HPG, slam again.

Deleted
    We just killed Lei shen last night and moved onto this. We had 10 or so attempts before we realised this fight is retarded for dk tanks and so we had our undergeared warrior tank it for a few times, which wasn't actually that bad.
    But my question is, if I extend the lockout, will we still have the 17 or so attempts left, or will it go back to 30? I'm guessing it stays at 17 but wanted someone to confirm.

If you do not have a monk tank for ra-den, you're going to be in for a surprise. They literally make the fight a joke.

Apparently Blizzard thinks Shuffle is the same as Blood Shield. Interesting logic there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    It'll stay at 17 as you'd expect, yes.
    Thanks for confirming!

What are Guardian Druids like for this? I'm a Holy Paladin with a 525ilvl Prot offspec but I'd rather not have to tank this one as our off-spec healer is a little undergeared for it. So basically we have the option of Guardian or Prot Warrior. Our DK was having real trouble with Fatal Strike so he'll be giving this boss a miss!

Deleted
    Does FS somehow comprehend the health of the tank?

Over warrior has nothing like the health of warrior you linked and our warrior seems to get hit slightly less hard.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...atal+Strike%22

Our warrior also seemed to absorb close to 560k for one FS. I'm not to sharp on warrior tanks but maybe this was classed as a 'critical block'?

Deleted
    Aha! I didn't check for Shield Barrier as FS doesn't refer to it as an active mitigation that will save the tank (the con's of being awake for too long). I guess he had Shield Block up as well as a Barrier to absorb a good chunk of the hit. Thanks again for the insight!

Just killed Lei shen tonight. Put 10 attempts in on Ra-den. If we don't kill it for some reason this week, if we raid extend the lockout do we get a fresh 30 attempts next week? Reclearing is not an option as we've lost a main tank and vacation time.

Hopefully someone has a definitive answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Just killed Lei shen tonight. Put 10 attempts in on Ra-den. If we don't kill it for some reason this week, if we raid extend the lockout do we get a fresh 30 attempts next week? Reclearing is not an option as we've lost a main tank and vacation time.

Hopefully someone has a definitive answer.
    No, you'd stay @ 20

Deleted
    Fatal strike definitely has a variable damage range depending on what tankclass is tanking. If I recall correctly there was a thread in the warrior forums that concluded that it was ~75% of your max hp per strike, which kind of makes sense.

Only times where a FS is lethal is if
    a) youre not high health enough (healers being slow)
    b) you fail with your active mitigation (poor poor DKs )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    Fatal strike definitely has a variable damage range depending on what tankclass is tanking. If I recall correctly there was a thread in the warrior forums that concluded that it was ~75% of your max hp per strike, which kind of makes sense.

Only times where a FS is lethal is if
    a) youre not high health enough (healers being slow)
    b) you fail with your active mitigation (poor poor DKs )
    Variable per class that's tanking it? What classes take a different amount from 75%? Might be that what you say is true, but i'm curious about your findings... Show me some world of log links! Only other thing we concluded on the warrior boards is that Demo Shout seemed to affect it (reducing the damage done by 20%) yet self buffs did nothing. As Weakend blows is always up i'm not sure if this affects the Fatalstrike aswell or if blizzard made it ignore it.

Eitherway they intended it to be 75% after weakend blows (either ignore or it reduces by 10% thus is initially 82.5%). Don't think armor affects it at all.

Only garanteed way to reduce the amount of damage you take is an absorb, gotta love not having a disc priest for the whole tier....

Deleted
    This threadtitle really annoys me every time it pops up... such as terrible use of the saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    This threadtitle really annoys me every time it pops up... such as terrible use of the saying.
    I agree. Everyone is thinking about this terrible problem, but no one is willing to talk about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    I agree. Everyone is thinking about this terrible problem, but no one is willing to talk about it.
    That would be the meaning of it but its not like Ra-den discussions are being avoided.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bigwigs_ra-denassist

We killed the boss the day after we killed Lei shen, mainly due to this addon, hardest part = phase 1.
    Phase 2 was a oneshot for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    No, you'd stay @ 20
    Think there's a misunderstanding let me explain fully.

*We lost a couple important players due to random things (our MT's crazy Asian parents attacked him in the middle of the night and smashed his computer). We killed H Lei Shen yesterday, but if we don't kill Ra-den, reclearing 12/13H is unlikely since interest is already dropping for many of our members.

We put 10 attempts at Ra-den yesterday, leaving us with 20 left.
    1) If we use up all of our attempts this week and he doesn't die, can we raid extend and the attempt count be at 30 or will it stay at 0?

2) Can we bring an alt in for one pull, pull the boss and wipe, saving the alt to an ID with 19 attempts left. If we don't kill it, then next week, can we use the alt's ID to continue a lockout at 19 attempts?

Also, any tips for a DK tanking this? It's our only option at this point.

Think there's a misunderstanding let me explain fully.

*We lost a couple important players due to random things (our MT's crazy Asian parents attacked him in the middle of the night and smashed his computer). We killed H Lei Shen yesterday, but if we don't kill Ra-den, reclearing 12/13H is unlikely since interest is already dropping for many of our members.

We put 10 attempts at Ra-den yesterday, leaving us with 20 left.
    1) If we use up all of our attempts this week and he doesn't die, can we raid extend and the attempt count be at 30 or will it stay at 0?

2) Can we bring an alt in for one pull, pull the boss and wipe, saving the alt to an ID with 19 attempts left. If we don't kill it, then next week, can we use the alt's ID to continue a lockout at 19 attempts?
    Extending the raid will make you retain the number of attempts you had previously. If you used up 11, you'll have 19. If you used up 30, you'll have 0. Lockouts work the same way they always did, so yes, number 2 is possible as long as with your mains you only do bosses on normal.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Also, any tips for a DK tanking this? It's our only option at this point.
    2,That doesn't work all heroic id's are shared, someone could be saved to ra'den gquit hate your guts and ninja pull him 30x to screw your guild over. If he extents you will just look at a room with zero remaining. Don't bother DK tanking, offspec in poo gear would be better then a DK tank, fatal strike will just troll all your attempts.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-06-27 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bigwigs_ra-denassist

We killed the boss the day after we killed Lei shen, mainly due to this addon, hardest part = phase 1.
    Phase 2 was a oneshot for us.
    I'm far from convinced this addon helps anything. Why? If you do it manually, you can PRACTICE before your first pull and not waste attempts, same when you bring new people in.

We don't use addons or warlock portals, we simply have 2 markers, 2 lists of people going each side, everybody is calling the next person going when they have the debuff, and raid leader is playing the wild card.

It's not complicated at all.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch