Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm far from convinced this addon helps anything. Why? If you do it manually, you can PRACTICE before your first pull and not waste attempts, same when you bring new people in.

We don't use addons or warlock portals, we simply have 2 markers, 2 lists of people going each side, everybody is calling the next person going when they have the debuff, and raid leader is playing the wild card.

It's not complicated at all.
    I have to agree. We didn't use portals, or any addon and we never had any issues with this boss. A little coordination at the beginning and practice before a pull goes a long way in downing Ra-den.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have access to monk, warrior or druid tanks, have them tank it even if they're undergeared as their active mitigation is easier to time, especially lol monk shuffle. Otherwise, your pally will have to be able to pool 5 HoPo when FS is about to come up and time it properly, and I wouldn't bother with using a dk tank on this fight unless you want to constantly wipe to 1 shot RNG.

First time you enter phase 2 with everyone alive will probably be a kill as it isn't that hard to heal if you 3 heal, which you should during progression. Now we don't even bother attacking any orbs in phase 2, we just tunnel the boss as it removes the requirement for any soakers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    If you have access to monk, warrior or druid tanks, have them tank it even if they're undergeared as their active mitigation is easier to time, especially lol monk shuffle. Otherwise, your pally will have to be able to pool 5 HoPo when FS is about to come up and time it properly, and I wouldn't bother with using a dk tank on this fight unless you want to constantly wipe to 1 shot RNG.

First time you enter phase 2 with everyone alive will probably be a kill as it isn't that hard to heal if you 3 heal, which you should during progression. Now we don't even bother attacking any orbs in phase 2, we just tunnel the boss as it removes the requirement for any soakers.

Ehum warrior tanks are kinda supbar to monk/paladin tanks for this fight, most guilds run with a pala tank for Ra-den to be honest.

Don't try this in 25m folks. Enough anima orbs in p2 and his health will overflow (2^31-1) and he just ends up as an unkillable 1/1 hp boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Don't try this in 25m folks. Enough anima orbs in p2 and his health will overflow (2^31-1) and he just ends up as an unkillable 1/1 hp boss.
    You just broke my brain.. what?
    I'm sorry but can you please explain that?
    It is late and I haven't studied at all for two weeks sooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    do you have a source that unit health is a 4 byte signed integer or did you make that up to sound cool

With computers, numbers are represented with 1s and 0s, with each called a bit. The most often used system uses signed integers with 32 bits. Under that system, the largest number that can be expressed properly is 0111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 in base 2, which corresponds to 2^31-1, which is roughly 2.15x10^9, or 2.15 billion in base 10.

Ra-den has 1.4 billion hp or so, iirc. It takes I think 6 corrupted anima orbs (each orb increases his max hp by 10%) for his hp to surpass that number. At that point, depending on the software, weird things start to happen. In Ra-den's case, I imagine the number just overflowed into the negatives (it's weird, but a number that starts with 1 in software usually means it's a negative number), and the game doesn't recognize negative numbers as max hp so it uses 1 as a default value.

do you have a source that unit health is a 4 byte signed integer or did you make that up to sound cool
    Personal experience. Wiped on him when we lost a few ranged going into p2 and just let anima orbs hit him every time, we thought we had barely made it - brought him under 10% with a third of the raid dead, then bam, he hits 1/1 hp and didn't die for another minute as we wiped. (Pity too, I would've had a kick-ass parse if it counted as a kill, was sitting at over 600k dps by the end there, heh).
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-06-28 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I ended up benching myself last night (prot pal) to let our Monk afktank this. I know it's doable as a protpal, but it seems really...risky, given how variable his Fatal Strike timing is/can be. I've had ShotR go up right at the 0 mark on DBM, only to have him dick around and not swing for ~3.5 seconds.
    Yea, it's pretty stupid to have an ability like this when one tank has a 3 second AM, two have a 6-second AM, one with a 10secon AM, and one that has a 100% uptime on their AM because it's just a buff you maintain and not a real AM. It is possible to do this on a Paladin, but you're gimping your raid and probably going to cause a lot of unneeded wipes if you try it.

Another point that I haven't seen made in the 25-man discussion is the fact that having too much melee makes the fight impossible. People have said it on 10, but on 25 it's really bad. We killed H Lei Shen a minute faster than almost any other guild I've looked at and then we went into Ra-den with the same comp (10 total melee including tanks) and couldn't kill the orbs at all. Do not run more than 8 melee on this fight (including the tank), and honestly I'd run as little as possible. Zero melee and a Brewmaster tank would probably be the best comp.

Edit: I was using all the ranged I had. We're recruiting ranged dps and healers if anybody's interested. Summitguild.com
    Last edited by Blizzhoof; 2013-06-28 at 12:42 PM.

Now with all the cloaks and gear upgrades, your ranged should be pretty stacked. We bring ~8 or so, and things go pretty smooth. The rogues Shuriken toss, though, I think lol o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    2,That doesn't work all heroic id's are shared, someone could be saved to ra'den gquit hate your guts and ninja pull him 30x to screw your guild over. If he extents you will just look at a room with zero remaining. Don't bother DK tanking, offspec in poo gear would be better then a DK tank, fatal strike will just troll all your attempts.
    Yeah, luckily we killed it on the 29th attempt. Was forced into DK tanking so that was pretty painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Ehum warrior tanks are kinda supbar to monk/paladin tanks for this fight, most guilds run with a pala tank for Ra-den to be honest.
    Most guilds including ours ran with prot pally because they just didn't bother switching tanks just for this fight. You can run prot pally, just be prepared for good amount of wipes learning to time the cd properly.

Deleted
    Didn't have more than 1-2 wipes due to our prot pala dying really.. don't know what the fuss iz about

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Now with all the cloaks and gear upgrades, your ranged should be pretty stacked. We bring ~8 or so, and things go pretty smooth. The rogues Shuriken toss, though, I think lol o_O
    Our ret gets Wrath from boomkins.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

How many 25man guilds here still run with 10-12 ranged on this fight? I'm getting frustrated at our low ranged dps.

2 tanks, 4 melee, 14 ranged and 5 healers (with 2 disc) is our kill this week.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    Yea, it's pretty stupid to have an ability like this when one tank has a 3 second AM, two have a 6-second AM, one with a 10secon AM, and one that has a 100% uptime on their AM because it's just a buff you maintain and not a real AM. It is possible to do this on a Paladin, but you're gimping your raid and probably going to cause a lot of unneeded wipes if you try it.

Another point that I haven't seen made in the 25-man discussion is the fact that having too much melee makes the fight impossible. People have said it on 10, but on 25 it's really bad. We killed H Lei Shen a minute faster than almost any other guild I've looked at and then we went into Ra-den with the same comp (10 total melee including tanks) and couldn't kill the orbs at all. Do not run more than 8 melee on this fight (including the tank), and honestly I'd run as little as possible. Zero melee and a Brewmaster tank would probably be the best comp.

Edit: I was using all the ranged I had. We're recruiting ranged dps and healers if anybody's interested. Summitguild.com
    Just have your melee switch too. It does suck having a lot of melee but the most important part is just having people *actually* swap asap rather than just saying they do. Its quite easy in today's gear assuming people just do what they need to do rather than trying to max dps on boss etc

I have some questions regarding p2:

- Is it safe to burn down the boss ignoring all adds? 1 tank (monk), 3 healers (1 disc), 6 dps (average ilvl of 540).
    - If not, what is this thing about soaking Anima Orb? How should it be done? Range, etc?

Thanks!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post

- Is it safe to burn down the boss ignoring all adds? 1 tank (monk), 3 healers (1 disc), 6 dps (average ilvl of 540).
    - If not, what is this thing about soaking Anima Orb? How should it be done? Range, etc?
    Stating your ilvl doesn't say much. You can obviously try to burn him down and maybe even suceed, depending on how good your dps is.

Question is, why not kill an orb or two. It's trivial - send someone with damage reduction there, *use* said damage reduction before the orb dies, soak it. Done. The biggest issue here might be using DR too late - orbs are pretty fragile and die quickly, so waiting too long = taking 1-2.5mln explosion in the face.

Thanks!
    Don't really need to soak anymore. We just soaked the first Anima Orb that spawned via (Spriest Dispersion) Can't be an immunity so Spriests/Monks etc. Our first time ever into p2 we killed it. If soaker fails it auto wipes the raid, so stressing the healers and DPS a little more rather than always having the possibility that your soaker fails is probably the safer bet to go. I would soak 1 assuming you have a class who can do it, or else just ignore everything, in 10m anyways. We lusted and nuked him after killing the first Anima Orb that our spriest soaked. However, since p2 orbs are RNG (regarding which spawn) I wouldn't suggest soaking at all if the boss is under >30% by the time your first anima orb comes out which is entirely possible.
    Last edited by Sting123; 2013-07-03 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted

Thanks!
    When we started to kill him, or I should say our first kills, several weeks ago. We had one player soak this.
    Not anymore, we just zerg the boss to the ground. (However I run 25man and we have alot more Vamp/tranqs to use than a regular 10man raid.)

It's possible to do, even with your gear (Even tho ilvl dont have anything to do with anything, skill >>>)
    If you aren't doing it. Soak with someone that can't die! Mage, monk, SP, Paladin etc.