Meta nerfed for Guardians

Like the title says when did this happen to the Legendary DPS meta for Guardians? I haven't heard anything about this but the effect is clear.

First log is from 1 week ago, and the second is from tonight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...ses&boss=68397

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...ses&boss=68397

Just on physical observation, it is taking longer for the charges to build whereas before, every hit seemed to add a charge.
    So does this nerf make the "tank" meta more attractive for tanking even in 10mans?
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-20 at 05:00 AM.

It's a bugfix. Previously, Guardian was using Feral's procrate on the meta, meaning it was proccing 72.1% more often than it should have.

It's something we've known about for a while, and it's somewhat unfortunate that it's fixed, but not unexpected.

Yeah it was OP while it lasted but what threw me is I hadn't heard anything about the change actually happening until i witnessed it firsthand.

It happened quietly amidst the whole "let's accidentally nerf the hell out of it for everyone by adding an ICD to it" deal.

Yeah I'd say fixed is more accurate than nerfed. It does seem like they could have waited until the 5.3 armor buff though.

Damage reduction doesn't seem too large, in all honesty. From my logs, I'm seeing about a 33% reduction in the proc's overall damage in an encounter in comparison to today's logs versus last week (and that's with some inflation due to Vengeance in the previous week's logs that weren't here this week, aka the reduction is likely less than what I'm seeing). Not really a large dataset, since I'm using only Twin Consorts and Lei Shen logs, but what I do and what happens doesn't vary much at all.

Even looking at your logs, Kioga, I'm seeing a similar proc change. You likely won't see a huge impact even with the proc rate reduction in a 10man environment (even less impact in a 25man environment), as the damage generally only saved your raid a couple seconds anyways. While the case can be made that "zomg, that's an extra Fist Smash or <insert raid mechanic that we're trying to avoid>!", the time that likely gets cut week-to-week on kills is much greater than what the DPS meta was saving people. For example, your Durumu kill got nearly 1 minute shorter this week with the meta proc rate reduction, and the change in proc rate had you saving your raid roughly 7.5 seconds the first week and roughly 4 seconds this week.

I know you didn't use the meta in all your kills, but this week's kills are noticeably shorter across the board (with the exception of Primordius, which was 1 second longer, likely due all the extra deaths). The DPS meta had very little effect on encounter outcomes prior to the proc rate reduction, nothing really has changed other than Guardian numbers may appear slightly lower than expected.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I know you didn't use the meta in all your kills, but this week's kills are noticeably shorter across the board (with the exception of Primordius, which was 1 second longer, likely due all the extra deaths). The DPS meta had very little effect on encounter outcomes prior to the proc rate reduction, nothing really has changed other than Guardian numbers may appear slightly lower than expected.
    Actually, I did use it on every fight, so i'm curious what you are seeing to think I didn't? And you are right that is is still a dmg increase over a non LMG. I'm just going to miss giving our dps a race for the top slot and seeing all those ranks. The bug needed fixing, still wish they had given us a heads up. Life will go on though and bosses will still die.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-05-20 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    It happened quietly amidst the whole "let's accidentally nerf the hell out of it for everyone by adding an ICD to it" deal.
    FWIW they weren't trying to nerf it for everyone else, rather attempting to solve a lag issue.

Deleted
    So is the dps meta still preferred over the tanking one?

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    So is the dps meta still preferred over the tanking one?
    Free DPS is always preferred over wasted survivability. You are the one that has to make that choice w/ your healers.

Deleted
    I've been checking both on a dummy and on every single boss fight this reset. It never went below 10% on a boss fight and several times it did 12%, so I honestly don't see the reason why you'd take the tanking meta - unless you're actually dying or progress on a fight where you need a lot of EH to survive. Getting one of each is probably the best thing to do, just have 2 helmets and change accordingly.

Deleted
    I have one of each now, but end up using the dps one most of the time.
    The only time I'm using the tanking one is on heroic Tortos, where we are progressing atm.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone noticed the proc from the meta now has a 60 second duration ?

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Has anyone noticed the proc from the meta now has a 60 second duration ?
    The tank meta?

That has to be a bug.

Edit: Do you have logs?

Edit2: I guess you're talking about the Capacitance buff. Nevermind. That doesn't actually matter.
    Last edited by Arielle; 2013-05-22 at 11:06 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sorry I was referring to the DPS one. I agree it doesn't matter, just found it funny they added a 60 second duration.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Yeah sorry I was referring to the DPS one. I agree it doesn't matter, just found it funny they added a 60 second duration.
    Maybe they add it because you can have 4 stacks from trash and then proc enormous burst dmg at start of fight.