Deleted

Hmm Atonement or not to Atonement - is that the question? ^^

Hi guys / girls.

Hope that everyone are well and good?

Im curious and I need some serious advice and ect.. what do you do when u play .. ect.

Sorry cant make links, but im located on EU-Thunderhorn with Bloodmaniac

Some people tells me that I should convert mastery to crit for Atonement spamming since its an "intelligent" way of healing. Atonement is picking lowest healths players and bla bla. . Should gem more for crit instead of mastery..
    Im confused what to pick , because mastery increases my overall heals a lot, but Atonement has been nerfed.. sooo WHAT to do? The smite glyph has been nerfed.. .. HELP!

What is your advice? What have you done to improove your self? Just curious, and thanks for sharing and taking time to reply.

Priest love and harmorny ^^^

Blood

Deleted
    I'd start off by reading other topics on the matter, as there are plenty around. The latest one being http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...line-Reforging

Seems the opinions still vary, bust from my view people seem to be leaning towards crit by a margin, somewhat balancing it out with mastery, mastery being the secondary highest stat and basically ignoring haste. There are those upvoting haste as well, but the general opinion afaik is Spirit (until comfortable) > crit > mastery > haste.

Atonement is still very strong, you'll just find yourself using Penance defensively more often now. You will end up casting atonement as a filler pretty much as much as one would've before; when theres nothing else "clever" or situational to cast, ie SS, pre shielding with PWs, using last tier talents etc. As you do the fights you'll learn to predict what you're most likely to be casting at what time, but don't be fooled by the atonement nerf, it's still stupidly strong.

I don't use Atonement much anymore, just as a filler spell, most of the time I'm either spamming PW:S or casting PoH. I still prefer crit my a large margin. Crit will benefit both your DPS and your HPS whereas mastery only buffs your healing. I have 33% crit chance and 22% mastery it's been working amazingly well so far. Just so you know that crit isn't only for DPSing.

Also, offsensive Penance is still a good option if multiple people are taking damage as it will heal 3 people in 2secs-ish, just don't use to spot heal a tank.

Deleted
    Thanks for the inputs appreciate it.

Gonna try balancing the mastery vs. crit.

Cheers

I've been running very crit heavy from the very beginning of 5.2. Even more since the legendary meta allowed me to drop out so much spirit. Sitting around 30% atm and it is still working out fine, even after the atonement "nerf". I just feel that crit gives me more options to utilize either dps or healing, whatever is needed at the moment.

Deleted
    Thanks Vilbu

Gonna reforge to Crit.. I want MAX ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently run around 8.7k spirit with two regen trinkets.
    I gem Crit, Spirit/Crit, and Int/Crit.
    If a piece of gear has crit naturally, I reforge the spirit into mastery.
    If a piece of gear has mastery naturally, I reforge the spirit into crit.
    If a piece has haste naturally, I reforge the haste into crit.

I basically just Atonement, PoM as it gets consumed, PW:S for rapture/emergencies, Spirit Shell for regular AoE hits, and Binding Heal for emergencies.

If you are playing disc and not using Atonement you may as well go Holy since you will have better output. Discs main strength and draw right now is the added damage you can push to help progression raiding.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I still use atonement. I am using penance on tanks more, and using int flasks/food now. I use it as my filler heal between burst dmg and feel good about putting grace on tanks more vs a random torpedo wtf heal that hits pets. The nerf didn't kill us, just took us back to where we should be anyways. It's nice being able to use another glyph option than smite.

I am also using a lot more pws and I like it.

Yes atone, but only when your raid isn't in danger and needs basic spot healing. Replace holy fire/smite/penance with "heal" and that's how you use it.

Edit: as a side note keeping mastery and crit close together feels good for me. I keep haste dead last because I feel if I wanted to do faster healing vs absorbs I should be holy. I love crit for the bubble procs, but mastery for the increased +heal and absorbs. They seem to work well together. It's really about your play style. For me I enjoy throwing mini bubbles on people during spot healing vs just healing for more and not getting as many. I like when they stack up vs fall off. But that's just me. If I wanted better throughput to heal stuff up, I would go holy.
    Last edited by Vishtara; 2013-05-25 at 06:07 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the inputs again.

What I did was:

Reforge most of my gear into crit.
    Kept my current gems - spirit / Mastery

Now my crit and mastery are almost equal and that balance improved my heals a lot.

I have tried earlier to go MAX crit with gems and ect.. but that didnt work out for me at all.

Balancing mastery with crit is perfect for me .

Thanks for the inputs to you all

Blood