Lightning Bolt graphic

Did they change it slightly in 5.3? The lightning stream itself looks a bit shorter, looks less laggy when you fire one off and the graphic seems to be a bit more bright and "sparky", looks more electrical than before.

First noticed it while levelling my priest in Wailing Cavers and one of the druid mobs fired one off, so I logged onto my shaman to have a go and it's definitely better looking than pre-5.3.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I've noticed this too.

Deleted
    Yes they added more electric sparks coming out of it and it feels like the spell is more clustered up now.

I'll be honest it feels like something that came out of Lei Shen encounter. Totally badass.

Yeah it's thinner than before and the bolt is less "clingy" if that makes sense, had times before where both ends of the bolt are connected to my hands and the target mob at the same time, felt really weird. But now it seems to have cleared that up.

But seriously, ele shamans are probably the best looking casters right now in terms of spell graphics.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

it is pretty. way better then before.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 08:02 PM ----------

when I think about it some adjusted chain lightning animation would be nice too^^

Deleted
    btw healing tide totem have new animation too ;3

Loving the animation, it now actually looks electric, before it was more like a blue beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably in the minority who misses the old LB (like the old old one), but I like this update to the newer LB.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I'm probably in the minority who misses the old LB (like the old old one), but I like this update to the newer LB.
    As an enhancement, I hated that blue ball, sometimes I didn't even know if it fired or not
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Only little peeve I have with the updated LB graphic - if I'm moving whilst firing it and the mob im shooting at is also moving horizontal to the LB graphic, it hits them a little off-centre, looking like it was a miss, but actually hit.

A lot less noticeable on big mobs, but fighting those commanders in the new barrens place it's happening all the time.

I didn't even take notice of the change until seeing this thread then looking for it when I logged on last night. :P

Looks a bit sharper, like they applied some of the Lei-Shen effects to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiamano View Post
    btw healing tide totem have new animation too ;3
    Didn't really know they were doing this till I used it on Wednesday....kinda freaked me out at first. Everyone in raid said "WTF is that?!?"

Gasp, just checked mine - they both do! I love the htt one :3 Lightning bolt is quite nice too

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have a video?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.